“McDonald's Cycle Center is Awesome”

Bike & Park - McDonald's Cycle Center
Segways at Sunset in Chicago
Ranked #49 of 104 Outdoor Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bike & Park at the McDonald's Cycle Center offers secure bike parking, showers, and lockers to cyclists in the city. Day passes start at $4, monthly memberships available for $40, Annual memberships $225. We have a full service shop with services available to members and non-members.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The McDonald's Cycle Center is awesome--modern, clean, and tucked away on the north side of Millenium Park, it is a biker's paradise.

I live downstate and on three occasions this summer I brought my bike up on Amtrak to ride along the lake front. It is so nice to store my belongings in a locker and to be able to clean up before heading home. If it wasn't for the McDonald Center, I probably would stay home.

My ten year old nephew was showing some interest in entering the Kid's Triathalon. He's a big sport's fan and an excellent swimmer and runner; he just doesn't do much bike riding. I brought him up with me one weekend where we rented a bike for the day. Since he's a big football fan, we rode down to Soldier Field and "touched" the stadium. I have no doubt he will always remember this experience.

The staff are terrific and so professional. They are wonderful ambassadors to the City of Chicago.

1  Thank irh8gm