“Pretty walk and virws”

Ranked #27 of 705 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Navy Pier is the place where all of Chicagoland and tourists from around the world have come together since 1995 to enjoy the beauty and the thrills of a day on Lake Michigan. From rides to restaurants, exhibitions to entertainment, shopping to dining cruises and tour boats Navy Pier has it all - in a location unlike any other!There's so much to do in our 50 acres of parks, promenades, gardens, shops, eateries and attractions.Take a ride on our 15-story Ferris wheel. Catch a movie at the IMAX® Theatre. Visit three floors of hands-on fun at the Chicago Children's Museum inside the Family Pavilion. Experience any one of the cruise boat rides departing from Navy Pier's South Dock. Or just kick back and enjoy your favorite form of entertainment at the Pepsi Skyline Stage, Dock Street Stage, Landshark Beer Garden or Family Pavilion Stage. Come experience all that Navy Pier has to offer year-round!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Nice to walk around and good viewing and photo locations. The Gerri's wheel is out here too. Boat tours leave from here.

Write a ReviewReviews (12,789)
All reviews
in 118 reviews
"fireworks"
in 799 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

When I was planning my family's trip to Chicago, I read (and heard) that Navy Pier was a dirty, over-priced tourist trap. Despite that, I suspected that my kids would have a blast there, and I was right. Is it a tourist trap? Yes, but if you are tourists, what does that matter? We all enjoyed the Ferris Wheel, and the kids had fun riding the other rides as well. I enjoyed a beer as we walked out to the end of the pier. We didn't shop so I can't speak to that aspect. We did eat a decent, but over-priced meal. If I had to do it over again, I might try to avoid eating here. We used the Go Chicago Explorer Pass here, which I purchase from Costco. I showed my Pass to the ticket seller (note that the Pass will it save you waiting in lines if there are any) and got a paper ticket good for 4 rides in return. Aside from the Ferris Wheel, I really don't think that I would pay out of pocket for any of the rides, but with the Costco Explorer Pass, the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

My friends and I walked around Navy Pier while waiting for our River architecture tour. There were food and beverage vendors throughout the pier. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed walking around and people watching before getting on our boat for our tour. I probably wouldnt enjoy this when the weather gets cold but it was great on a sunny and warm day.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

The restaurants are mostly chains. It gets overcrowded. Had a very touristy feel to the whole thing.