“Nice Hotel, Nice Location”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #132 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel, Nice Location”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very nice location about 3 miles away from ORD, just off I-90 and across from the CTA Blue line station. This looks like an older hotel, but it has been well maintained. The room was very clean, with good Wi-Fi service, full cable TV, microwave and a refrigerator. My room was on the 10th floor (second from the top) and although the hotel is directly under the flight path and almost next to the freeway, the soundproofing was very good.

I had dinner at Bar Louie; good service and an interesting menu. Shuttle service to the airport was on-time and was a quick ride given the heavy morning traffic.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mobile_concierge
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to write such nice words about our hotel. The team and I were extremely happy to read your note and to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim to provide our guest with an memorable experience. Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards,
Mirza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
South Pole
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was in Chicagoland for an overnight having some fun and visiting friends. I had a car and wanted to find a great hotel with an equally great location, internet, convenience and parking. The Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare is it! What I was blown away with was the outstanding service starting with the check in with Danielle. She offered a complimentary room upgrade, gave me a free buffet breakfast, and had an early morning check in available. If you're looking for a quality room with great service usually well under $90/night and not needing to be downtown, then this is the place!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Viking94708
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team and we are all thank you for kind words and for giving us a chance to offer you a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Holiday Inn O'Hare.
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed the hotel, as it was very clean. Convention was going on at the time, so a little crowded, but it's a hotel near a major airport, it's to be expected.

I would surely stay here again, next time i'm in Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on Trip advisor.I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our leisure facilities to your liking. I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you back again in the future.
Romania
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This isn't really a four star hotel, maybe except for the prices they ask for. But it is a nice place, with clean and large rooms, good service and a breakfast above the American average. It is close to the airport and some freeways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear trip advisor member,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on trip advisor and sharing your experience. The reviews we receive from all our guests are very valuable as they give us a true in-site on the service we are providing. I wish to thank you for your kind words regarding our team and look forward to welcoming you back soon at Holiday Inn O'Hare.
Respectfully,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Holiday Inn O'Hare isn't a four-star hotel, but I rated it 4 TA stars because of what you get for what you pay.
I scored a $50 pn rate on Priceline - an excellent price for a room that was clean and comfortable, and service that was pretty good.
The hotel is located on Cumberland right at the O'Hare Kennedy expressway. It's not far from the main O'Hare hotel drag - River Road - but there's not a whole lot to pique one's interest in the area, other than a Dominick's grocery store.
Self-parking was free, which is surprisingly rare among O'Hare-area hotels. (Yes, most of the AIRPORT hotels in the area charge for parking.) There are relatively few spaces in front of the hotel, so more than likely you'll have to park on the deck in back.
The relatively small lobby was busy and attractive, with a Bar Louie restaurant off to one side. My check-in was quick and friendly.
A bank of three elevators takes you to the room floors. My queen single was a decent size, with nice extras such as a mini-fridge and microwave. The furniture was worn, but no biggie. The work desk was fine, and the free WiFi offered decent speed.
My bed was comfortable, and the standalone air conditioner worked well, if it was a wee bit noisy. The standard Holiday Inn-issue bathroom was of a decent size, with the standard HI bath products (cut down on the coconut in the lotion and shampoo, okay HI?).
The CTA El (Blue Line) Cumberland station is across the street from the hotel for a trip into downtown Chicago. But beware that it's not a pedestrian-friendly scenario when crossing Cumberland, and the construction underway during my visit made it even less so. I took the shuttle to O'Hare to catch the Blue Line. The shuttle en route to O'Hare was no problem, but I waited seemingly 45 minutes or so for a shuttle to show up for pickup.
Having the fridge in the room made it easy to pick up some goodies from Dominicks to snack on. And though the dining options in the area are limited, Giordano's, with its wonderful stuffed pizza, is a few minutes drive away on Higgins Road at River Road.

Room Tip: All rooms are subject to jet noise. Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank michiganmarlon
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing your review about your stay on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your psitive comments about our facilities, and services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Holiday Inn O'Hare.
East Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

spent nite due to missing flight. put up by AA. no show on the courtesy shuttle so found other means to get to hotel, super slow checking, told extensively that shuttle to airport is first come first serve ( must be a problem) no wifi code on my room key wallet even though it has space for it. had to call and eventually someone answered.

breakfast way overpriced. my voicher only covered half. im sure they do this pirposely. sad place like this takes advantage of such a big customer like AA.

• Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Miscelmail,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time with us. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your review, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Walnut Grove, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was booked to this holiday inn-cumberland by my airline after a 24 hour delay. They offer continuous shuttle from ORD airport to the hotel, which usually runs every 30 minutes except peak time. Rooms were clean and spacious. However, you will have a hard time finding dining places over there. There is only one restaurant on the first floor. You will have no choice if you don't have a car - hotel is next to the highway, impossible to walk to other restaurants. Also, my AA hotel voucher showed that AA paid ~$54 for my stay, while I looked up the price online and the lowest price I found was over ~110 - Just FYI

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I was especially pleased with your comments about our shuttle service and rooms. Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn o'Hare.
Mirza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#107 of 187 in Chicago
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#144 of 187 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!