“Years of being a frequent happy customer. This time not so much.”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #141 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at this location over a dozen times. Always a good experience except for this visit. The room I was given was terribly small. The sheets did not fit on the bed. There were holes in the carpet. Bathroom was not clean by far. Hate the fact the curtains do not close and on the east side of the hotel the sun is a 5am wake up call. The iron in the room barely worked. I especially did NOT appreciate the loud double knock at my door after 1 am the night/day of check out to issue me my invoice for the 3 night stay. Not cool!! The upside is that this location is perfect for all of my visit needs and the lounge downstairs is great. The staff is almost always accommodating for early check in if available. The free parking is always a plus. I will stay here in the future with high hopes there are changes for my future visit.

Room Tip: Do not request a king bed in the smallest room possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear SKS74,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. As a valued guest, we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the room you received on your recent visit did not live up to your expectations. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. We look forward to serve you again.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 28, 2013

From the Dave the driver who was full of professionalism and Chicago swag the ride to the hotel was just what I needed to get my mind of my delayed flight. But he was just the beginning of warmth and professionalism when I met Danielle and Rainey at the front desk. Smiles to a drag of a day and kindness thru the process. My new favorite.... Holiday Inn O'hare

Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was late when my husband and I checked in at Holiday Inn on Cumberland Road. We were both tired and ready to get to sleep for our early flight out the next morning from O'Hare. Needless to say the guest services agent who helped us was an angel. Danielle was such a pleasant surprise. She was so helpful with our reservation. Danielle got us a great room, she answered all of our questions and even came up to our room to personally explain the complimentary airport shuttle schedule. You just don't get that kind of professional, courteous service anymore. We will definitely be staying at this Holiday Inn again. Thanks to Danielle, we have a new favorite place to stay when travelling out of O'Hare.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Front Desk person Danielle and Jonathan are very friendly and helpful for my stay in this hotel. They help me to find a room at very busy night even my agent may forget to make reservation for me. The room is very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor member, Thank you for the kind review of our hotel on trip advisor. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Iwas especially pleased with your comments about our associates anmd the fact they made you feel welcome and well taken care of. I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.
Mirza

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This was one of my worst hotel experiences. We were traveling with our 2 year old; so, in the morning, we called to confirm that we had a non smoking room with a king sized bed. They confirmed. When we arrived, however, we got a smoking room with two double beds and they told us we would not be able to move for at least a day. The hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. The room, thankfully, wasn't as smoky; but the furniture was stained. The cable on the TV also kept going out, and the double bed was a tight squeeze for my husband and I. My toddler was the only one who got a good night sleep.

The next day, I was trying to get assistance in finding a drug store and ask about breakfast, and there was no one at the front desk. As a result, I got a little lost trying to find one using Google. When I came back, they finally moved us to a non smoking room, but we still had 2 double beds and all the pillows were deflated. Further, the furniture in this room was also stained, and there was a mysterious, small dark spot on one of the sheets. they also seemed to have a room key shortage because we had to beg for a second key for both rooms.

The only positive was the price. If I can avoid it, I will never stay here again. I'll pay extra for real hotel service. Thankfully, this is the first bad experience I've had with a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear trip advisor member,
I want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regards to your experience. You are a very valuable guest to us and we never want to jeopardize the way you feel about Holiday Inn O'Hare. Your candid comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. I am soory that your experience with room, front desk and shuttle service was less than what you expected. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction, and it is obvious we did not meet those expectations. I will ensure that proper support will be given in the future. Please accept my apologies and give us another opportunity.
Mirza

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. It has a great location near to KORD and the train. The building is older but has been well maintained. The best part was the staff. They were very helpful in matters ranging from checking in, to getting a shuttle to suggesting a meeting location. The price is fair and the food at the lounge was nice. A great professional staff goes a long way. Will stay there again when I next travel to Chicago.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on the upper floors away from the road noise but I found the 11th quite qu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

To start off when I checked in front desk was very helpful, when we went to our room it was just your average hotel room nothing to brag about . Hotel can definitely use an upgrade makeover. Since we were exhausted from our flight we decided on using your hotel restaurant so we went into Bar Louie to have lunch food was Excellent service was very good as well as the following morning went into Bar Louie to have Breakfast service was Excellent buffet seem typical but I had a garden omelette somewhat healthy yet very delicious , service was courteous and management was concerned making sure our breakfast was delicious. Checkout was ok. Besides our boring non up to date hotel room, holiday inn and Bar Louie was overall great will return on a future visit ... Thank you for a enjoyable stay.......

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#143 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!