“My stay at the holiday inn My Stay at the Holiday Inn,,,,”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #141 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 18, 2013

To start off when I checked in front desk was very helpful, when we went to our room it was just your average hotel room nothing to brag about . Hotel can definitely use an upgrade makeover. Since we were exhausted from our flight we decided on using your hotel restaurant so we went into Bar Louie to have lunch food was Excellent service was very good as well as the following morning went into Bar Louie to have Breakfast service was Excellent buffet seem typical but I had a garden omelette somewhat healthy yet very delicious , service was courteous and management was concerned making sure our breakfast was delicious. Checkout was ok. Besides our boring non up to date hotel room, holiday inn and Bar Louie was overall great will return on a future visit ... Thank you for a enjoyable stay.......

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Was bit worried looking at rate card of chicago hotels ... with Neocon show going on everything in Loop area OR downtown was either sold out OR between 300 USD - 600 USD for a room night.. Got this one for 200 USD including breakfast.. The hotel has a great location... it's walking distance of 400 mtrs from Cumberland Blue Line subway station. So with a 28 USD for a week pass Or 20 USD for 3 days Blue line pass... you can cover entire Chicago from here...downtown is just 35 mins ride.. Off peak rates drops to about 100 USD per room night.. There was hi-speed free WIFI in room and a microwave too.. so I could heat my ready to cook Indian meals and could have it in my room...There is lareg BAR LOUIE resturant below which was very crowded in evenings..must be popular in the area..Hotel operates a free shuttle to airport and nearby areas...There is Thai Restaurant a walking distance and Indian one that home delivers from rosemont..breakfast menu was the same on all 4 days though... scrambled eggs.. boiled potatoes.. pork/ham beacon.. oatmeal .. milk .. fruits/fruit juice ..bread.. and coffee. Swimming pool was small... there is fitness centre as well... rooms were nice and big enough ( not cramped) 35 channels in room TV... so overall a decent deal... This Hotel is chocie for anyone who find downtown hotels expensive...

Room Tip: pick rooms at the back of hotel they are away from highway and look over a residential area.. you ca...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Samjo24,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. I am pleased our location suited you well and truly delighted you enjoyed your overall experience with us. I truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great. Free shuttle to OHare and across the street from the Blue Line train to downtown. As a Platinum IHG Rewards member, got a free breakfast buffet and a spin on the wheel for a bonus. Very nice perks! The free wifi was very fast. I had no issues with highway or plane noise.
This is not a high end hotel and the building was once a Clarion - so your expectations should be based on your rate. The value is excellent. The staff is excellent.
The bar - restaurant was great. Lots of TV's, good happy hour food/prices and a nice breakfast buffet. We started to just get a snack at the bar and it was so comfortable, we stayed for several hours.
If you are coming to Chicago, stay here and avoid the downtown prices of the hotels there, Great value and easy transit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

You know what engineer64 excellent is what we are shooting for. Our location fit perfectly for you and the restaurant provided you with what you wanted. I am glad you enjoyed our services as much we enjoyed providing them. I hope the next time you stay with us we can provide you with a perfect experience. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

To try to cut back on expenses, we stayed away from downtown, but close to a subway stop. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare. It was a good choice for us. The rooms were clean, nice and comfortable. We had read a review about the noise of the planes taking off, so we had the fan on the AC on constantly and that was never a problem. The Bar Louie downstairs had really great food, surprisingly so. I had read reviews, after we had booked, that it was a dump, but they must of remodeled because that was not the case at all. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Monica64_12 for your kind words. I am honestly proud of the work that the hotels staff does on a daily basis and reviews from guests like you just strengthen our resolve! Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Grungy room with more furniture stains than a Meineke waiting room. Faux blackout curtains don't close - not good when you're above a well lit parking lot. Dirty, scuffed walls. I had to manualy adjust the door lock plate, which was missing a screw, to be able to use my deadbolt. All this for $370 a night!! I only stayed here because every decent hotel near O'Hare was booked. The staff were nice, though. And the bar/restaurant downstairs wasn't bad.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you, gdcstevens for taking the time to reply to us on tripadvisor. I also want to apologize that you felt that you did not recieve the full value that you paid for. Our staff definitely pushes to ensure that everyone feels welcome and above all taken care of. I make sure that your comments get to appropriate department heads. Thank again for your time and we hope we can get the opportunity to welcome you as a guest so we can really wow you.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I fly in from Cleveland and reach the shuttle service area.
First I get to wait for over 45 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. When it finally arrives, my colleague gets into the bus and I go the back of the bus to put the luggage. I along with me a couple of the other hotel guest are waiting for the driver to show up to open the luggage compartment, he takes his own sweet time to come. till then one of the hotel guests figures out to open the hatch and right then the driver shows up.
He starts to shout and scream why the hell we opened the door and started to load our luggage.

Next what happens, is something which I have never experienced. I start to get into the shuttle, and the driver shouts and doesnt let me in saying there is no more space available to board the shuttle. Try to reason out with him but no luck. So I get my colleague to also step down and as he does, the driver starts to shout space for 2-3 people and he takes in a few other people.

I decide to take a taxi to the hotel and I report the matter to the front desk manager and I get a very rude response stating that we will look into it.

Then I finally reach my Room, and find no bottled water available. I call up the front desk and he politely tells me, since he is alone out there he will take a while to get me water. Finally I get them at 11:30 PM.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear vivek_sharma20,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I can trully say that I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn location. As soon as we entered the hotel, we were automatically greeted by the generous staff. Walking up to the front desk, we was immediately greeted by staff named Q. She was very nice and appeared to be ready to assist who ever was in need of it. As we made our way to our ways we noticed the nice look and cleanliness of the hotel. As soon as we made it to our room, we received a call from Q asking if everything was okay and if there was anything else we need just to call and let them know. Looking around the room, we noticed that it was one of the best looking rooms we've stayed in. Everything was well organized and the room looked and smelled right at home. Did I forget to mention that the food was delicious. My stay at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare was excellent and would not mind staying in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TWilsonCeo
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hey TWilsonCeo, thank you for recognizing our staff and showing how much you loved your stay! Don't worry your comments have been posted in our back office and read by our staff. As much as you look to staying with us we look forward to hosting you again. Have a great journey and hope to see you soon!

Jonathan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#143 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!