“Good Experience and nice short stay”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #141 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Transit in Chicago and stayed overnight in this hotel, arrived late, the front desk staff was very friendly and the check in and out processes were efficient. Location is perfect for transit.
The Bar attached to the hotel has all kinds of draft beer and wine to select. I was so impressed about this. The room was good in size and the bed was comfortable. The wifi was fast, there is no reason for me not to come back. Holiday Inn is one of the best hotel chains; I have been staying in Holiday Inn in Montreal, Canada, Singapore and Shenyang, China. I always had good experience with them.

Room Tip: The hotel offers free airport bus shuttle, around every 45 mintues, please come down 10 mintues befo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I think we were a winner with grant_SK! Thank you for the kind words and taking note of all of our WOW factors for our hotel guests. We look forward to having you as a guest again and thank you for your continued support!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here a week ago when flight delayed.
Transfers to and from airport good. Very friendly, helpful, happy drivers.
Staff at reception very courteous, friendly and helpful.
Rooms dated but good size and comfortable.
Dined in the bar/restaurant. Food excellent (burger probably best I've ever had!!!), very good value, staff friendly and efficient. Great atmosphere and buzz here also which really helped us to relax without thinking about rescheduled flights and days vacation lost.
Seeing this hotel rated so low on tripadvisor puzzles me.
Did I say the staff were excellent throughout, yes I did, but really they were that good I thought I should mention it twice.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Use the restaurant. Excellent value.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you Tom T for your awesome review! We really appreciate your kind words and I have forwarded this review to Bar Louie and the Hotel Staff, just so that all may see it! Did I say thank you, because I feel that it is pretty dang important to give thanks back to those who take the time to share their experiences with us and the trip advisor community. Tom T the hotel would love to have you back so that we may get an oppurtunity to get a perfect score with you!

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is generally the cheapest of all the IHG properties adjacent to O'Hare airport but don't let that put you off. The hotel is directly off the interstate, adjacent to an “L” station and regularly runs free shuttles to O'Hare.

The hotel is older property but has been updated in accordance with the Holiday Inn standards. I stayed in club level room on the top floor. The room was average sized but contained king size bed, desk, a refrigerator and a microwave. As I have found with other Holiday Inn's, the hotel's bathrooms belie its attempts to move upscale. The bathroom, while clean and functional, had changed little from the hotel's more proletarian beginnings in the 70's/80's and had an oddly narrow door. Despite being on the top floor, the was no plane noise since the hotel is not underneath the flight paths.

I stayed at this hotel for one night before an international trip. I did not visit the club facilities so I cannot comment on the services provided there. The hotel did provide me with a breakfast coupon to use at the hotel's restaurant the next morning. The breakfast did not not “wow” me but was comparable to those offered at similar hotels in both quality and service.

The hotel did have a strong free wifi connection and free internet terminals in the lobby. The hotel staff were nice and polite and gave me no issues.

All things considered, I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

It seems that you, dls251, have travelled to a lot of hotels and developed a keen eye for these types of things. With that being said we hit high points with you in regards to our service. I personnally love that we have double pane windows, which creates that great noise cancelling effect. That makes all the difference when you are not bothered by the outside noise. Our hotel are starting to impliment multiple programs to help "refresh" and eliminate some areas that have been brought to our attention through trip advisor. We at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare would love to see you, dls251, come back soon so we can really wow you!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

As we booked this hotel we were pleased by its very friendly staff and reception check in. The restaurant is open early and closes late and has a great burgers and too many beers on tap! The pool is located behind the reception and the 2 elevators are quite fast.
As we stayed in January we expected a fairly heated room but were pleasantly surprised with a hot room with king size beds!
The free shuttle to the airport is punctual and only 5 min away!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Paul C for taking time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community about your experience at our hotel. Like many of our guests you had a great overall stay! I am glad that our accomodations and staff went above and beyond for you. We look forward to being your home away from home and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

we had a layover in chicago and stayed at the holiday in and the rooms were very nice. the bar and restaraunt (louis bar) was very busy at 11:00 pm and we had food from the menu and it was fantastic and the pricing was great. The bar was very busy and that is a testament to the quality and the value of that bar. the atmosphere is very cozy and you feel like your in an upscale restaraunt. burgers were 10.00 and other food was very reasonable priced. it is just a short drive to the airport and the free shuttle picks you up at the airport and brings you back every 45 minutes. great stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Hey James W, it is great to see another guest who had an excellent stay. Thank you for your great comment and I have passed this along to the restaurant staff so that they may see your appreciation for the hard work they do. We from both the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare and Bar Louie want to thank you for the time you took for providing us with feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I have no major issues. My room was clean and comfortable. There is a few very minor maintenance issues like a rip in the curtain and a slightly bent shower rod, little caulking needed but nothing that effects your nights rest. Staff is very nice. I don't eat at Bar Louie but there is a very good Chinese delivery place close by. Airport shuttle available. I prefer taking a cab so I didn't use it but it looked fine. I was on the 8th floor and the airplanes were noticeable but not bad. I will stay again

• Stayed: January 2013
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Norther you took some great pictures that has helped not only our future guests, but the hotel as well. It may or may not be a surprise, but we take this feedback and run with it! We have already finish one floor in replacing our drapes and re-chaulking our bathrooms! Enough about us, You, the guest, were taken care of during your stay and we at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare look forward to seeing you soon adn doing it all over again!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We missed our connecting flight and got stranded at O'Hare just before Christmas. The airline put us up in this hotel and provided even vouchers for dinner and breakfast. The hotel is not fancy, but the rooms were cozy and and clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The dinner menu in lobby bar was not your standard hotel bar menu but had something extra to keep you happy. The breakfast menu was also extensive enough to give a good start for the day. The shuttle ride back to the airport on Christmas eve was enjoyable. If you need to say overnight close to O'Hare, this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

It seems that you, Ve8, were a another victim of airplane travel delays. After waiting so many hours in line after line at the airport they send you to us and we at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare are in the hospitality industry for a reason! That resason is our guests! I am glad to see that the restaurant took care of you and housekeeping provided you with the service that you would expect from an establishment like ourselves. Please visit anytime, we would love to host you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#143 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!