“Great staff!!!!”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #137 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
“Great staff!!!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Clean and comfortable bed front desk very friendly and helpful bar in restaurant right in lobby great food in drinks wake up call right on time breakfast was fabulous servers where very nice and helpful breakfast supervisor was wonderful gave me some great ideas where I can go shopping with this being my first time in Chicago I loved it just want to say Thank YOU to the STAFF For maken my first stay in Chicago the best once again Thank YOU if I ever return to Chicago I will be staying with you. GOD BLESS

• Stayed December 2012
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you janelle6901 for using us for your chicago needs! It is great to see that the service we provided to you was more than satisfactory and you chose us for your home away from home. We at the Holiday Inn O'Hare look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Was spending only one night in Chicago between flights. I had trouble getting to the hotel as my reservation was for Cumberland but when I called the Holiday Inn counter from the airport hotels counter, I reached Rosemont and was told that I had a reservation there.

The Bus and Shuttle Center is not so easy to locate - instructions say to follow the red floor arrows but when you look down, there are none!! It is better to ask someone than to go around (literally) in circles.

When the shuttle driver checked my voucher, he said that I had to go to Cumberland and so I called the Holiday Inn counter again and was told (by the same man) that he no longer had my reservation.
Getting back to Cumberland - the check in took FOREVER as there was only one person at the desk despite the fact the shuttle just got in and there were clearly many people checking in.
The room was spacious and the bed perfect for a good sleep. I don't understand, however, why the curtains didn't close all the way, leaving the room bright and not very conducive to sleep (take an eye mask with you).

The gym is small but perfectly functional with good equipment. All in all, a good option for a small lay over.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bluemercury
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
It seems, bluemercury, that there was a lot of circumstantial incidents that happened to you. I will admit the O'Hare airport is a confusing place, and it does not help that an alternate hotel provided you with false information taking away from you overall experience with us. On a postive note you did enjoy our rooms and had a great experience with our fitness facility. Thank you for your feedback bluemercury, I will make sure moving forward we have proper coverage on those peak days and that housekeeping pull out the black-outs, so that they are easily located.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Second stay here and probably our last, This is a nice hotel and has superior covered parking, However on our return from 10 days in Mexico, we called for the shuttle 6 times in an hour and were finally told they couldn't locate the shuttle? We ended up taking a cab back to the hotel, in which the hotel ended up paying for the cab after a long argument with the cab driver...the manager of this hotel walked by my wife and I and never even offered an apology. Go figure?

Room Tip: Don't risk the lousy shuttle service, Go to Holiday Inn and Suites...Covered parking there also.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Weluvdr, I want first and foremost apologize about the situation that you experienced. It seems that, overall, you enjoyed your stay, but our area of improvement for you is the shuttle service. Thank you for your feedback and we will work with the front desk staff along with the drivers to ensure better continuity in regards to our communication. I would love for you to contact me at jbugara@lakhanihospitality.com so that I can make you our guest again!

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

London
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was put up here by American Airlines after my flight was cancelled. There is not enough space to describe how bad this place is. I will sum it up by saying it Smells, is Dirty, the food is Awful. The sheets are so bad that they light up the room at night with static electricity ! There are no curtains that close and this is after I asked to change rooms to a better one.

I would never stay in this place again, next time if there is no choice of Hotel left I will sleep on the floor at O'Hare.

Room Tip: All rooms are awful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dr_JRJ
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dr_JRJ I want to apologize about the overall experience that you recieved. I know that you had little choice in the matter of choosing the hotel due to the delay in your flight. With that being said when the hotel recieves guests from a delayed or cancelled flight we try to provide them with smiling face and I can assure you that this is not who we are or where we want to be. I want to thank you for your time Dr_JRJ and hope that the next time you stay with us it is on better terms.
Atlanta
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for an in-hotel conference. Very friendly staff, convenient shuttle to/from nearby O'Hare. Very clean room, decent amenities, in-hotel restaurant was convenient and way above par for a hotel venue. Only negatives were noisy plumbing in bathroom and faulty in-room safe (but at least one was offered). Hotel staff went out of their way to make guests comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ItalianinGA
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you ItalianinGA for taking the time to respond! I am glad to hear that our staff was able to take care of your needs and because of your input the engineering team are going to cross check the safes to ensure that they are working properly. We are also going to check if we can pinpoint the noise with the plumbing you also mentioned. On behalf of the staff at the Holiday Inn O'Hare I want to thank guests like you for your input to help make this a better hotel!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was put here by United Airlines when there was an overnight interruption in my trip. It was a great room, with very nice people. It had a free shuttle, and the restaurant is very nice. I was happy to have stayed here, if it had to be somewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
As you know RENTABIKEEUGENE being next to the O'Hare airport this tends to happen from time to time, with that being said we were able to go above and beyond for your stay! I am glad we made a not so great situation and change it for a positive experience. We look forward to the next time you stay with us!
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Am staying here for 3 nights. It took about 10 minutes to get here from the airport but it took a while for the driver to pick us up at the airport. The rooms are older but very clean. 3 elevators made it easy to get to the room. The food served here was very good.

• Stayed November 2012
I love seeing reviews from Senior Contributors of Trip Advisor, and you MarkyMarkGa have travelled! Thank you for you keen sense to detail in regards to our cleanliness and also the quality of our restaurant. We are glad to of had you as a guest and hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#109 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!