“Laid back service. Tasty food.”
Review of Frunchroom

Frunchroom
Ranked #2,995 of 11,034 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Portage Park
Neighborhood: Portage Park
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

We went for a Saturday brunch. Nice people working there but quite laid back. You need to go up to order (no one told us). Anyway we ordered and found the food to be yummy. I ordered the basic eggs, bacon and toast and my friend had one of the breakfast sandwiches. We saw them bring out a tray of fresh specialty frosted donuts and split one. The frosting was still warm. So delicious! They have some nice drink options including Bloody Mary mix as it is BYOB. I will go back because I really liked this place. Like I said service is laid back so don’t be in a hurry and have a nice relaxing and tasty bite. A nice addition to the area!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed November 4, 2018

A tiny but cute restaurant. We went for breakfast, and I was excited to try the french omelette. It did not live up to my expectations. It tasted like an omelette with mushroom soup on top. The mushrooms themselves were pretty good, but the sauce just tasted like soup. I was glad I ordered a side of bread (which was good, although they forgot to give me butter). My husband ordered the butcher's breakfast, which he thought was okay to pretty good. I think we would have been better off with a bagel or the cheese board, as most people around us had ordered those and seemed to enjoy them.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018

What a great addition to the neighborhood!! Frunchroom brings a fresh new approach to breakfast and lunch - all items are made in house. The weekend brunch is super delicious and BYOB. Be sure to try the BLT or the Sausage sandwich - Amazing!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We had heard about the frunchroom from several news sources, as they had recently opened. The frunchroom is a mix of an Italian deli and a Jewish deli with the best of both worlds, in what can best be described as a cozy atmosphere. When you enter the door, or as you approach the order counter, there are menus to read, besides menu boards that have "specials". We ordered two sandwiches - a grilled cheese sandwich with raclette, pickles and french onion, as well as a house spicy garlic sausage sandwich with giardiniera and deli mustard. We didn't order French fries and we didn't find the assortment of drinks to do anything for us. Besides, what happened to a simple Diet Coke?? Anyway, once you order, you grab one of the 8 - 10 tables and your food is brought to you. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We noticed a constant stream of people coming in and eating in the restaurant, as well as a number who took out. The sandwiches were really good. The grilled cheese with raclette is very different. I found the sausage to be really good with the garlic and it had a bit of a kick to it, though not overwhelming. The frunchroom would be a nice place to take someone, but I did find the cost a bit higher than expected, though they are using quality ingredients. Following in the footsteps of the Community Tavern, this will be a trendy hot spot for breakfast through lunch.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Frunchroom? Share your experiences!