Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
chirzel
Michigan

Great hotel - very reasonable

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 22, 2010
We really enjoyed our stay at the Chicago LaQuinta. The hotel has been redone recently and is new and clean. The room is very spacious. We liked the breakfast. Very convenient for walking downtown. The rate was the best deal in town! We weren't interested in using the pool but it is very small.
Date of stay: May 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • SpringHill Suites
12.3 miles from La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chicago Downtown
View more hotels in Chicago
1,955 results
All reviews willis tower great location the loop union station lyric opera yogurt the breakfast area walking distance chicago downtown included breakfast parking garage great place to stay clean hotel front desk staff business trip millennium park block
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Although we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, we found everything to be quite clean and comfortable. The desk staff were helpful, and the price was excellent for our central location. We were able to check in several hours early with no issue, and the rooms have a nice modern aesthetic.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This hotel is less than a year old and the newness is one of its best features. I've stayed there many times over the last few months. Check in usually goes fast and is friendly, except for one staff member who always seems to be put out to be having to do check in. All the other staff is wonderful.

Rooms are modern and I personally love the fact that the showers are walk in with no tub, but I know that some people love hotel tubs.

Desks are huge, which I really appreciate. Their is wired internet that is free and it has always worked. It is fairly slow access in the evenings, though.

I've twice been assigned rooms which had no yet been cleaned -- they were still in the same shape as when the previous guest checked out. I've also found random items from previous guests in the fridges and in the bathrooms on more than half my stays. I find that sort of lack of detail a problem at the location and have mentioned it a couple of times to the front desk, but don't see much change.

Speaking of cleaning, the maids here start cleaning rooms very early, even before 8AM. So be prepared and awake, as they are fairly assertive in wanting to get into your room, often waiting until you go for breakfast to swoop in. I have to leave the Do Not Disturb hang tag on my door for my entire stay to fend them off in the early hours.

The breakfast is nicer that many "free breakfast' hotels, but the staff there start blocking off access about 20 minutes prior to closing and stop filling food items shortly after, even upon request. You've been warned. Arrive early and finish eating about 30 minutes before the closing time. One great thing is that they supply soy milk, which I drink. A+ for that.

The coffee in the breakfast area is undrinkable, but fortunately there is a Starbucks across the street and a cafe just off the lobby. This is one of the few hotels in its class that does not supply coffee/tea throughout the day. There is a coffee maker in the room, but they do not restock the coffee during your stay. There is no bottle opener in the room and only one for the whole hotel. So come prepared.

One warning - most restaurants in this area close very early, some just after lunch/work hours. I tend to work late and struggle to find anything close by to eat after 7 PM. I hear that pizza delivery or 7-Eleven is your only choice within a few blocks.

Finally, parking is expensive (as it is at all downtown hotels) and if you want in and out privileges, you have to park at the hotel garage next door. However, on check out day if you stay past noon, you have to pay for two days on that last day, which amounts to $65 for parking for that day.

2  Thank FreqTravelerChick
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Hotel is very clean and newly renovated. I think if you are on a budget it is a great deal. Looks to be half the cost of surrounding downtown hotels. However, I will say the bed is pretty hard at which I did not sleep well. Two other collegues said the same thing. Staff was very friendly and location was ideal.

1  Thank JessNcity
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We have stayed in many hotels but this is my favorite. The staff bends over backwards to help you out. They have been very accommodating to us. The continental breakfast in the morning gives you several options. We can walk to numerous places to shop and eat. Love the location. We have really enjoyed Chicago and this hotel has made our stay exceptional great.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Stayed here for three nights with my spouse, and will definitely return. Room was *immaculately* clean and spacious, with nice amenities (comfortable desk chairs, free wireless, nice television, mini fridge and microwave, etc.)

Shower was fantastic (large, with great water pressure), although I would've preferred to have had a bathtub, as well.

The complimentary breakfast, while nothing to write home about, was more extensive than one might expect at a similarly priced hotel.

Finally, the location is great (less than a block from the "loop"), and I doubt you can beat the price for such a clean room in downtown. The downside to the location is that, since it is in the financial district, most nearby shops and restaurants close quite early.

Date of stay: April 2010