“Laquinta Inn & Suites Chicago”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
Ranked #75 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I recommend this hotel my stay was excellent and front desk staff was very helpful. Upon arrival I was greeted immediately and check in with no problems. The original room I reserved was not ready but the friendly staff found me a bigger better room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I suppose to be in this hotel but due to plane failure i couldn't make it.my reservation was non refundable.

I contacted them Via email and explain why i couldn't show up, i didn't think that they will refund me, however they surprised me with the refund in my account within two days.

Such behavior, trust ,service and understanding, will make this hotel my first choice in Chicago regardless of any other issue.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kmideg
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Overall, we had a good experience and were happy with the hotel. We booked on Hotwire, it said it was a 3-star hotel, but was more like a 2.5 stars.

What we liked:

1. The location was perfect! Right in the middle of the loop, you can walk to most of the neighborhoods, which is great in that city since all the buildings are beautiful so you can always take a different way and see new stuff!

2. The room was perfect for the price: comfortable bed, clean, big enough, nice shower, quiet... We were very happy with it. We slept well (the most important).

The only things we can complain about are about facilities and services:

1. The pool: the pool was or really dirty or had way too much chlorine in it; we could not even see the second step in the water! It was kind of green. Yucky! We didn't put a foot in. And the "spa" smelt so strong, when we started it, there was so much bubbles in few seconds that it convinced us to got back in the room. Again, too much chlorine.

2. Breakfast schedule. COME ON! None of the 4 mornings, we woke up on time. It finishes too early, around 9 in the week. The schedule was made for business people, not those who are visiting, walking all day, eating late and waking up around 9:30-10. If the check out is at noon, why not leave the breakfast until 11? This was very disappointing since I had picked this hotel partly because of the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher to be more quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mplove84
Reviewed April 17, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very nice, clean, and trendy place to stay. The staff were especially cheerful and helpful. My only complaint is breakfast is over at 9am... we didn't get up in time! I can't say if breakfast was good or not! :(

Reviewed April 10, 2014

You can always count on a clean, friendly stay every time! The staff welcomes you right away. It is nice that there is an indoor pool and hot tub. Not a lot of hotels downtown provide that. The hotel is a great location to area attractions, as well.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stay at this hotel often. For being in Downtown Chicago, it is fairly reasonable. It is in Walking Distance of many attractions and very close to Union Station and the Orange Line.
The staff is amazing. My team stays here quite often and when I walk in they give me an update of who has arrived. David and the other Concierge will do everything from help with luggage to call a cab to loan you their umbrellas. The front desk staff and knowledgeable, fun, and give great customer service. The Breakfast Ladies are amazing and the breakfast is good and lots of variety. The pool is small but my son loved it when he travelled with me.

Room Tip: It depends on what kind of room you like. There are rooms with Micro wave and fridge. I love the 0...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business