“It's small - content is decent”

Apollo Theater Chicago
Ranked #117 of 671 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Yah it's not all clean lines, but the content and our show was pretty good. The intimacy reminds me of theater hopping in NYC in the 80's. Out ticket was $10 I'd go again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Was there for a 3:30 performance on a Sunday. It was 50 degrees outside and 30 degrees inside with blasting air over our heads! Management was rude and not helpful. Will never, ever go back. This place should be ashamed of themselves. Many people had winter coats, scarves and even blankets! Not worth the money to freeze and get sick!! What a shame because the performers are so talented! They ruined a family birthday celebration! Not to mention all the money we spent! What a crime!

2  Thank Bert_Villarreal
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The premise of this play is an actual event in 1956 at Sun Records in Memphis. That evening Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Elvis Presley got together somewhat by accident and spontaneously created a great evening of music. The theater is small and the show is amazing. The whole audience was moving with the great early rock and roll music of the time. We will see this again as we were thoroughly entertained and energized by the music created by the cast.

2  Thank Bill W
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I went to see the Million Dollar quartet. It was a excellent broadway type show. We had a beer with the preformer who played Johnny Cash. PArking is a little hard to find but if you time the meters right you can save some money. The theater sells wine and beer.

3  Thank DonaldB7
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Obviously, I liked the hit show, "Million Dollar Quartet"! This was my third time here in past 18 months. This time I was with my class reunion group, so there were about 20 of us. Everyone felt that this was the highlight of our weekend in Chicago. The theater itself is cozy & intimate. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. This show is a "must".

1  Thank jney777