“Seriously, this food is craveable.”
Review of Cafecito

Cafecito
Ranked #190 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Cuban
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Excellent, excellent lunch spot. I came here twice during a five-day conference because it was so spectacular. I'd never expect a place labelled as Cuban to be so vegetarian-friendly, but this place is just stellar. The sandwiches are stupendous (the bread especially is out of this world), the place is adorable and cozy, the location is great, and the prices are spot on.

The first time, I had the Jardin sandwich, which was so great-- all the right flavors and textures. Totally amazing. The second time, I had the Aton (tuna) sandwich, which was also great... although the vegetables might take the cake on this one. Who knows. I'll just have to go back and try them both again to be sure.

If I have one/two complaints, it's the seating area and the lack of bathroom. I'm not sure how this could be solved, but for such a busy area, it's pretty inconvenient to not have these things in the cafe.

Seriously, this food is craveable. Go there... just don't get in my way.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our group of five family members were looking for a quick but warm and tasty ( and convenient) lunch when traipsing around the loop on a cold and rainy Tuesday. This place fit the bill perfectly. The sandwiches were warm and delicious and the soup was spicy and filling. Would like to have the opportunity to further explore the menu.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Cafecito has the best Cuban sandwich I've ever tried. I also reccomend the Chimichurri sandwich and their coffee which is great. Everyone who visits Chicago should definitely stop by.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Cafecito has great coffee, sandwiches, pastries, cakes, and salads. We were in Chicago on our honeymoon and stopped by almost every day. Reasonably priced and service was great.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Crowded little storefront in the heart of the loop.
Good Cuban coffee
Excellent pressed sandwiches (we sampled three - the regular Cuban was the best)
One of those places I wish we had where I live.