“Girls Weekend”

and up
Art Institute of Chicago Fast Pass Admission
Ranked #52 of 643 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Dedicated in 1844, this park covers 319 acres along Lake Michigan and is home to the Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium, the Field Museum and the Art Institute.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have attended the Taste many times. The entertainment this year was excellent. I saw Robin Thicke and Jill Scott. I would recommend that if one of your favorite artists is performing there buy tickets to be in the seated area up front. The tickets are inexpensive and well worth it. There were not a lot of varieties off food as in the years past. Also I look forward to vendors and this year there were no vendors that was a little disappointing. I think this event is always worth attending.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"soldier field"
"public art"
in 7 reviews
"art institute of chicago"
"people watch"
in 8 reviews
"statues"
in 53 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've done this before and it was very nice. A lot of the great restaurants have dropped out. There are a few but the trouble to get to it, it's not worth it. They close off some streets and put up a fence for crowd control. Its hot, dusty and not worth it when your time is limited.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Waste of time. Expensive and lousy food. Crowded. I do not understand why everybody was there. I was on business trip and have some time to kill. It sure killed my time.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was in town for the weekend and my friend and I just happened upon this event. It was incredibly packed. The food was reaonably priced. You have to buy a min of $8 worth of tickets at a time and the food is priced by ticket. It was a really great way to try new foods and restaurants that we would not have had the chance to try otherwise.