Museum of Science and Industry

278 Reviews
from $106.00
from $49.95
9,438 results
All reviews coal mine u boat all ages german submarine submarine tour human body fairy castle tesla coil weather exhibit baby chicks flight simulator brick by brick interactive exhibits hands on activities kids and adults great for kids great exhibits
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was such an interesting museum! We were very pleased that we paid extra for the submarine tour. The tour guide was very knowledgable. Loved all of the interactive exhibits at the museum. We spent 6+ hours here, as there is SO much to see!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I thought this museum was pretty average. We were able to see the whole thing within 2 hours, it seems like it's more tailored toward children in some sectors. I think if you really like transportation (airplanes, trains, etc) it could be cool. That was what we liked the best about visiting this museum.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have lived in the Chicago area all of my life. I was taken to every museum and local attraction the city has to offer all through my childhood and i continue to visit as an adult. The Museum of Science and Industry continues to be my favorite attraction. I go often. There are some new features that are quite impressive, especially the weather exhibit. The submarine has always been impressive and there are tons of other exhibits to keep your interested. This will be an all day activity for any adult or child. Its a must see!

A word about parking; This is Chicago after all. Its definitely worth paying to park in the Museums garage. It is underground and gives you simple access right into the main lobby.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Quite a gem, got to tour the submarine and coal mine this visit, totally worth it. We spent a few hours here. We also took the Metra, that was quick and great not to have to deal with a car.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time and learned a lot. We could see each attraction for as long as we wanted. The day we were there it was not very busy and so that was good. The teenage kids enjoyed it as well as us adults