“Great Steaks and atmosphere”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Michigan Avenue
Transit: Nearest El stop: Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash Red Line - State/Lake Blue Line - Clark/Lake
new york
“Great Steaks and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Yes Pricey but I wasn't paying as I was there on business. Ordered the small filet mignon steak (8 oz) with aparagus on side as we ate late and I wasn't really hungry. Steak was great. Had a strong martini which was delicious. There were 6 of us at dinner. 5 other tables were celebrating birthdays that night and every 15 minutes or so the staff would gather around and sing Happy Birthday to that table. It was fun to watch and everyone would cheer and clap. We went a few weeks ago on a Tuesday night which was PACKED. We ate around 9:30 pm at night and the place was filled.

The other people at my table ordered the crab cakes (delicious), salads, porterhouse steak and salmon. We were very stuffed and some of them had dessert. Big slab of chocolate cake.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Worst service ever, I could get better service at Outback”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Wow, when you go to Morton's ready to spend some major cash, you expect to receive great service. The waiter who took care of us was a total jerk. I took my wife for a special dinner and really from the moment we walked in the restaurant I guess I was too young to fit "model" customer. The hostess never even put our name on the guest list and after waiting for an hour she said, oh, I am sorry, I must not have put you in the system. We are young, 28, but we were well dressed and know what good service should be like. Our waiter was just as bad. He took forever to take our order, one time he was at the table and we told him we were ready to order and he said that he would be back to take the order. Then he avoided coming back for about 5-10 minutes.
When ordering a mojito for my wife, he asked if I would like it "up". I didn't know what up meant so I asked what "up" meant. He responded "I'm not surprised". Are you kidding me???
I really should have asked to speak to a manager at the moment, but since it was a special evening I didn't want to ruin the night complaining, but thinking back, it was a night of horrible service. To top it off, I still left a big tip trying to make the point that he shouldn't prejudge us because of our age. That was stupid, I should have just given the 10% he deserved. Anyway, thumbs down for me. I expect more when spending $240 on food and drinks.

2 Thank ekevitz
Wigton, United Kingdom
“great american food”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

best fillet steak I've ever eaten; impressive pre-dinner display of all the cuts of meat/live lobster to choose from; rather than just get a menu to look at they actually show you the fresh meat, veg and seafood you can choose. the food was fabulous, but be prepared to pay for it - this is not a cheap meal!

United States
“Great meal!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This was our first trip to Morton's and we had a wonderful meal. We made reservations on line and I found they had a special offer that goes through the end of September. We paid $99.00 and each got steak, salad, appetizer, shared 2 vegetables, and each got to choose a dessert. The choices are definelty limited from what you would get to pick off the main menu, but what a deal! We had wonderful service and more food than we could eat in 2 days. I do agree with the previous reviewer that people should respect the dress code and dress appropriately. It's a little disappointing that people think it's appropriate to wear shorts and t-shirts to a fine dining restaurant.

detroit, mi
“Wonderful meal, great service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Mu husband and I dined there during our annual Chicago vacation. First Time.
The service and food was wonderful. The oysters and the crab meat cocktail were delicious, fillet and lamb chops very good. Finished with desert and were also so full we could barely move. Overall a very good experience.

The only recommendation I could make is that for dinner change the dress code from casual to business casual. I know they have a lot of tourists but Many folks don't like eating at a fine dining restaurant next to people wearing grubby t-shirts, crumbled shorts and sandals.

Definitely not the restaurants fault. But a better dress code would be better.