“If you like steak this place is goooood”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Michigan Avenue
Transit: Nearest El stop: Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash Red Line - State/Lake Blue Line - Clark/Lake
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I believe its a chain but you wouldn't know it - service was very good and the waitress knew about every dish on the menu. The salads to start are massive (too big actually for Europeans) and the steaks are equally big. Make sure your hungry before you go.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great service. Great steaks! I had their 5 pepper sirloin with the au poivre sauce and loved it. It was cooked perfectly. My wife started out with the ribeye, but found it too fatty. Not only did they exchange it for the sirloin, but they apologized and when the sirloin had to go back to be cooked a little more, they took it off our bill entirely. Completely unexpected. We thought the food was better at Morton's than the Capital Grille.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I were cold and starving from having walked all over Chicago earlier in the day. Morton's was right next to our hotel so that is where we ate dinner. We were under-dressed and had no reservations. We were greeted with cheerful smiles and since it was early on a weekday were seated right away. My husband and I both ordered rib-eye steaks and shared the grilled jumbo asparagus and sour cream mashed potatoes. The steaks were absolutely delicious. Some of the best we've ever had. The asparagus was also delicious. I am normally not a huge fan of asparagus, but ate every last bite of my share. I was a little disappointed with the creme brulee I had for dessert. It was good, but I've had better at much smaller restaurants. Our staff was pleasant and friendly. Only once did I have to wait for a refill on my water when the waiter was busy.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've frequented Morton's many times mostly for business dinners. The service was always up to what you'd expect from one of the best stakehouses out there. The meat is always very good and so is their desert. A solid option overall.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Simply the best stake I had in Chicago. The atmosphere is very nice but you must be prepared for the bill if you want to have a nice wine.