“excellent staff, average food”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Michigan Avenue
Transit: Nearest El stop: Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash Red Line - State/Lake Blue Line - Clark/Lake
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Everyone on staff is willing to go above and beyond for the customers, the food is not so great and overpriced.
I understand this is a well known restaurant in Chicago so that allows them to jack up prices but it's just not worth it. My husband enjoyed his steak but it wasn't the best one he's ever eaten, and my salad consisted of cheap lettuce and very unripe pears.
It's a nice place to visit once, just to say you've gone but once is all you need

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Mortons in Chicago sounds like a must-do, and I visited a Mortons in Chicago about 10 years ago. This was horrible by comparison. We splurged on this dinner for our last night of a family vacation. When I visited 10 years ago, I was presented with the unique opportunity to select the cut of meat table-side. I don't know if Mortons has suspended this practice or not, but that didn't happen this time around. We were a party of 6, with young children, and we were seated in the VERY back of the restaurant next to the kitchen, despite coming very early and the restaurant being near-empty. The steaks were unremarkable and unmemorable. The sides were overpriced and equally forgettable. Dessert was pretty good but not my priority when I'm coming for a good steak dinner. The waitress was borderline rude. I will NEVER go back to this Mortons, and certainly not looking to go to any other after this experience. Pathetic.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

When you order a steak, the steak is what you get, NOTHING more? Then you can order some sideorders like baked potatoes, hash browns ect.. First of all, the steak (New York Strip) was perfectly well cooked and tasted like a dream. BUT.. They could at least serve some small potatoes or vegetables for the price of $57!
It is not worth the money. Sorry but i want some value for my money.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I ate here with my mum whilst on vacation in Chicago. I have been to mortons in numerous locations and been to this particular restaurant once before. I was so disappointed. I should have known when we entered and the room was half empty. The waiter didn't suggest giving us the food presentation (he didn't know we had eaten in mortons before) and did not ask us about the desserts that needed to be ordered before we ate.

My steak was dry and small, and way too expensive. Mum had the chicken which was nice but a smaller portion than the previous times we visited. The prices were ridiculous for what we got.

All and all a v disappointing visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate at Morton's on Monday, August 13. We made a reservation and asked to be seated in the bar by the window. We loved our table location. We found out it was happy hour, so I asked the bartender/server which martinis were on the happy hour menu. He seemed perturbed that I asked and our service went downhill from there. We ordered sliders and the wedge salad from the happy hour menu. Very good and inexpensive! Next, we ordered a Ribeye and asparagus, along with another martini. The steak was average, not worth the high price. I truly like Ruth Chris's steaks much better. When we got our bill, the bartender charged us full price for all our drinks even though all were on happy hour....not worth taking the time to fix it, we just wanted to leave. No reason to return to this steakhouse. One good note, the host was a friendly, happy person, making you feel very welcome.