“Yummy middle eastern food but there were some bugs flying around”

Alhambra Palace Restaurant
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Side
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Feels like a family establishment which is rare on restaurant row in the West Loop. The food was very good and came out fast - we got the meat platter for 2 which was more than enough food for 2 and probably would have been perfect for 4 with an appetizer. The restaurant was not very busy so service was a little slow but she was very nice. The only down side and why I dropped the rating is that there were little bugs, like fruit flies, flying around that we had to keep swatting. I understand that can happen when you have doors open or an indoor/outdoor dining room but they don't so it was hot, stuffy and buggy. We will try to come back because of the food and hopefully the atmosphere is more comfortable and cleaner.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Our first time and we can for the experience. Combination plate was good. Beef and chicken kabobs.
Chicken shawarma was average. They put little rice and more chicken. They need to put more rice with the chicken shawarma. Overall it was nice.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I haven’t heard of this place, but am so glad my wife made me go. There are different rooms with drinks and different entertainment in each. A comedy show was going in one, and Tango in the next. Plus they had a full menu of the best Mediterranean food you’ll get around there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

The experience in this restaurant is great I don’t know how many shows of Belly dancing they do but the one on Saturday at 8pm is great, the food is really good quality and when you order the best experience is when you order like tapas style and try a little bit of everything.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

My 1st time visiting this establishment, some of my friends came in from Indiana for a concert. We were VIP and when I tell you the service was spectacular, the place was beautiful, and the food was great.

Date of visit: March 2018