“Fun place, but they forgot about service”

Alhambra Palace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Alhambra Palace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,515 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'll start by saying I've been to this place a few times. It's a great place if you're looking to try something a little different. Their concept is great and the ambiance, food, and entertainment is all very good. However; service was so poor on our last visit here on Saturday night, I was compelled to write this review. We had a 8:45 reservation, but weren't seated until at least 45 minutes later. Their hostess was completely clueless! When we were seated it was along a wall of tables which was fine, but then a very large party was seated next to us without enough room for their party! I noticed another table nearby being cleared and spoke to the party without enough seats and offered up our adjoining spot to help them out. They spoke to someone about this but we ended up sorting this all out on our own. A manager came by and thanked us, but then we proceeded to wait another 20 minutes before a waitress came to our table! THen she asked if we needed a drink menu or food menu, well yeah, we kind of need that to order! I could go on but I'll spare you the agony. It almost comedic in a bad way. Lucky for us we were in no hurry, but come on, at least have halfway good service. Lots of guys/managers in suits running around looking important, but they really need to improve the customer service aspect of this place. It's a shame as everything else is nice. Bottom line, I wouldn't write this place off as it's fun and different, but expect a long wait for services.

There are newer reviews for Alhambra Palace Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2013

You walk into a palace -that's the only way to describe it. The main dining room is enormous with more seating upstairs (in a courtyard fashion). The dining room to your right as you enter is also very nicely laid out with cushions and comfortable chairs. I've been here three/four times and am always blown away with the decor. The food is okay considering the price -its good but not out of this world. The service is a hit or a miss -but not bad, the servers just seem a bit distracted at time. It's definitely a place if you want to impress someone.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I surprised my wife with this place for her birthday celebration. It just so happens that she has a coworker with the exact same birthday and I made sure her husband knew as well to make it a double surprise for both of them when they arrived. The place has a beautiful lobby, bar area with some nice decorations. We did have a few cocktails at their bar and when our table was ready, we were seated right up front of the stage no less! The belly dancer show started a little while after being seated and what a fun show it was. Dinner was served and was great! Its middle eastern food so alot of the usual fare was available. We all had a great time and we will be going back.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Dinner and Show? No, I am not talking dinner and a movie.... it's a show with belly dancers, men with swords, and dancers with hookahs. This place is huge! I could not get over just how large it was - and it's beautifully decorated. You feel like we are in a far away land.

We were seated for dinner at 8 and the show started shortly after. It was def. a different experience. The food - was good we ordered a couple combo platters so we could try a little of each, and I think that was a good idea. This would be a good place to take guests out of town that are looking for something different. Towards the end of the evening the Hookahs come out and almost every table had one. I don't smoke, but I know others really really enjoy it. Also, Parking may be hard so I suggest valet.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We've been visiting Alhambra Palace ever since it opened up & its one of our favorite places in Chicago.
A Museum...
I've taken an extensive tour of the place (over 10,000 sq ft) and I think of this place as a museum of Art from the Middle East. As every single wall and every nook and corner of this restaurant is decorated with art from the Mediterranean & the Middle East. There's even an indoor water fall the flows on tiles imported from Morocco. The Upstairs dining halls are roomy and beautiful but the Main Halls takes the cake with its extravagant Chandelier & the breathtaking floor.
A Restaurant...
The menu is mostly Mediterranean cuisine with Middle Eastern & American Flare. The Chicken Royal (Baked chicken stuffed with pearl couscous and served with pearl onions and sun dried apricots) & The Lamb Shank is unbelievably flavorful !!! The drinks are expensive but well made.
Live Entertainment...
depending on what day of the week you go, there's either a Live Band playing Spanish & Middle Eastern music and on the weekends they have a Belly dance show like I've never seen before. The Belly Dancers carry big Huge Vases on their heads and dance for a few minutes...

Oh did I mention they have Middle Eastern Style Hookahs that you can smoke inside as well... And they open till very late !!!! Turns into a nightclub after midnight, the dance floor is amazing...