“YES!! YES!! YES!!”

Ranked #2,229 of 10,732 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: South Shore
Neighborhood: South Shore
Reviewed May 28, 2018

In an area overrun with fast food, fried food, and cheap Chinese take-out, MAJANI is a most welcome and wonderful addition to the Southside. The food is delicious, the portions are ample, and the prices are on target. Who needs meat when you have Majani!! The only downside is that the place gets packed (seating is very limited and very tight) and service can be dodgy. Part of the problem is that the kitchen takes up 3/4 of the space. The upside to all of that is that we sat at a long community table and had a great conversation with others seated there. Majani has daily specials not on the menu. Brunch only on Sunday. Very convenient to get to, the Metra stops right in front of the place!! Plenty of free parking on the street.

1  Thank BlueNaga

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I am not a vegan but wanted to try something different and what a pleasant surprise. I tried the cauliflower with BBQ sauce and a salad. The flavors were astonishing and the salad dressings were out of this world just a burst of flavor in your mouth. I tried the ginger lemonade it was so refreshing I couldn't get enough. I can't wait to go back and try the egg plant parmesan.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

I came here after I read a review for the restaurant on my friend Ayanna's Facebook page. The restaurant was so hot and is so tiny, I just don't know how they make such delicious food without passing out or ample space. The kitchen is open, so you can see everything that is going on behind the scenes, I LOVE IT! The lady taking the phone orders is wonderful. She apologized for putting the caller on hold, while someone paid their bill, she apologized to my friend and I for having us wait, she is so sweet. We got 2 crab cake sandwiches, each sandwiche comes with an side of oven roasted sweet potatoes (I HATE sweet potatoes, no matter if they are baked, fried, oven roasted, in a pie, no thank you, my friend said they were great, but needed some brown sugar). I just wished they asked what kind of side you want, instead of automatically receiving sweet potatoes. I digress, lets get back to that wonderful sandwich, The sandwich was so filling, so messy, so wonderful. its served with an avocado spread/sauce, it tasted just like heaven. I forgot it was a vegan/vegetarian meal. The entire meal was under $20. Parking is a little hard to find, my husband dropped my friend and I off and went around the block. Overall, I would be back.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

The food is outstanding. The service is terrific. The range of selections is wonderful. The setting is comfortable and lovely. I have nothing but superlatives to describe Majani. It is place that makes vegan eating fun and delicious for everyone whether you enjoy plant based or animal based meals.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

The place is quite small but nice. We wished the menu was more extensive as we came to try the "ribs" but we did thoroughly enjoy the cauliflower.

Been to Majani? Share your experiences!