“Vegan delights”

Ranked #2,230 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: South Shore
Neighborhood: South Shore
Reviewed February 19, 2018

I came here after I read a review for the restaurant on my friend Ayanna's Facebook page. The restaurant was so hot and is so tiny, I just don't know how they make such delicious food without passing out or ample space. The kitchen is open, so you can see everything that is going on behind the scenes, I LOVE IT! The lady taking the phone orders is wonderful. She apologized for putting the caller on hold, while someone paid their bill, she apologized to my friend and I for having us wait, she is so sweet. We got 2 crab cake sandwiches, each sandwiche comes with an side of oven roasted sweet potatoes (I HATE sweet potatoes, no matter if they are baked, fried, oven roasted, in a pie, no thank you, my friend said they were great, but needed some brown sugar). I just wished they asked what kind of side you want, instead of automatically receiving sweet potatoes. I digress, lets get back to that wonderful sandwich, The sandwich was so filling, so messy, so wonderful. its served with an avocado spread/sauce, it tasted just like heaven. I forgot it was a vegan/vegetarian meal. The entire meal was under $20. Parking is a little hard to find, my husband dropped my friend and I off and went around the block. Overall, I would be back.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

The food is outstanding. The service is terrific. The range of selections is wonderful. The setting is comfortable and lovely. I have nothing but superlatives to describe Majani. It is place that makes vegan eating fun and delicious for everyone whether you enjoy plant based or animal based meals.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

The place is quite small but nice. We wished the menu was more extensive as we came to try the "ribs" but we did thoroughly enjoy the cauliflower.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

If you like vegan or vegetarian meals,this is the place for you.This accessible(by Metra,Lake Shore Drive Jeffrey Blvd)cozy restaurant has healthy African(Ethiopian,Bere Bere ,Liberian, West African),Mediterranean,Caribbean and "soul food" offerings. I tried the fried grits(!),greens(yum) ,a mushroom burger(made with lentils), with sweet potato squares(not fries) and a drink (sorrel).The sides were plentiful ;I had to take them home.
Their fresh ingredients come from local farms and gardens . The excellent,friendly servers and great cooks guarantee that I WILL RETURN to try out the other tasty items on their menu! BTW, they offer CATERING .(Thanks, Chefs Tsadakeeyah and Nasya!)

Been to Majani? Share your experiences!