“My boys would go everyday if possible”

Chicago Children's Museum
Ranked #62 of 667 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The "Dinosaur Expedition," where kids dig for bones and conduct archaeological research is just one of the many hands-on exhibits at the Chicago Children's Museum.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Highlight of the trip for my 6 and 4 year old. Tons for them to explore and play with: pet area, Chicago firehouse and truck, skyscraper building, water play, climbing, a stage to tell jokes and more.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

When we paid the $14 dollars a person to get in, we were really hoping that it was worth it. It absolutely was! Endless rooms and activities for the 1 year old and 3 year old. What a treat. Dinosaur excavations, wood working shop, fire fighting interactive station... and tons more!

1  Thank Bill K
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently visited the Chicago Children's museum when my parents came to Chicago for a visit. We've taken our 2.5 year old son to other children's museums in the area, but this one has much more to offer than others we've visited.

We loved the variety of the standing exhibits. Our son loved the fireman area and the water works room. There were plenty of activities to keep him entertained and many things that he wasn't old enough to take part in, so we're looking forward to going back as he grows up. I think this would be a great stop for a family with kids of different ages because each kid could find something to challenge them.

1  Thank Troy S
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Free admission is a double-edged sword. The upside is obvious. The downside - oh my, the crowds. Despite the throngs of kids, we managed to have a good time. There is a decent array of things for kids of all ages to do, which is very helpful as many of these types of places typically seem not to have activities for very young kids.

1  Thank HanaHou77
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter had a blast in this place, I was tired but she was the energizer bunny, she loves it! especially the climbing ropes & there is no extra charge, what I most liked, was that the museum that day were having a special event on super heroes! my daughter & I enjoyed it very much!

1  Thank Jenny C