2,867 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundswarm cookiesspa roomthe theater districtthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsmillennium parkfloor to ceiling windowsthe beanupon checkblue line
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Trendy but tacky, pretentious but crude and compared to other Chicago hotels a really bad deal. Other negative reviews have already mentioned the problems of the bathroom and the noise. I would add stained floors and sofas, the mismatched colors, and above all the awful sweet smelling aroma dispersion in the lobby which hits you already before you even enter. Definitely not for people with sensitive noses, not for savy and experienced international travellers, neither for the really sophisticated nor the down-to-earth and not for business. Which leaves the rather narrow demographic mix of its clientel, described in other critical reviews.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

We continue to assess and address any concerns brought to our attention during guest visits, and based upon multiple review processes. Based upon our location, comfortable and high-tech room features and continued positive feedback regarding personalization of service by our team, theWit has received mostly positive words and repeat business since opening in 2009.

We look forward to both consistency in excellence and continuous improvement in 2011 and beyond.

-Mark Shouger

Reviewed January 18, 2011

We purchased the Wicked theater ticket package. The tickets were great seats! (only 6 rows from the stage). The hotel room was very nice, clean and modern. The window view was not good, but we weren't in the room much. The staff was excellent. Joel, brought our luggage up to the room and explained the refrigerator, phone and went and got us some ice. (the refrigerator is stocked and if you take something out of it there there is a sensor that will charge it to your room). If you don't mean to purchase it, don't touch it. Joel was also the same person who took our luggage down when we were leaving. We were glad because he was so nice and fun! The front desk was also awesome! We had a drink on the 27th floor that is glassed in with fireplace (also can go outside when it is warm). Expensive drinks, but nice place. We would use this hotel again in the future. It is close to the theaters (the Cadalic Palace Theater only 4 blks). The blocks are short blocks. We walked to "House of Blue" for dinner and to listen to jazz. We walked to Macy's to shop (only two blocks). This hotel is only two block over from Michigan Ave. If we would have had more time we would have walked down Michigan Ave. and shopped more.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We repeated a Chicago visit we made last year (we stayed at the Swissotel then), but this time we wanted to stay in the loop (almost). The location was ideal - we walked easily to places downtown like the Willis tower and Michigan avenue. Bus and train service to Museums, Navy Pier and Midway airport were very near the hotel door. We were very pleased with our huge room's furnishings and cleanliness, and I appreciated their effort to be different because it added to our sense of adventure. Our view included a few famous buildings and a bit of river, but it was limited. There was noise from trains below us, but its the kind of background city noise we live with at home, so we weren't bothered. Technology was well used with high quality TV service, and telephones that were easy to program for wake up and checking airline flight departures. The only thing I missed was being able to check the bill during the stay. We had a breakfast package with our stay and it was excellent food (but less variety than a Hilton buffet breakfast) served in a restaurant with nice decor. I was a little surprised by what I think was country music being played on the sound system in the restaurant and other public areas - has it become trendy? The lobby was comfortable and useful as a place for free internet.
The staff here stand out. The front desk registered us very quickly, and was always helpful, breakfast staff took care of us quickly and pleasantly, and maid service was always good (everything except soap was restocked daily). We visited the roof bar after a long day of sightseeing, and even though we looked like worn out old tourists we were warmly welcomed and invited to have a look around and stay if we wanted.
If I was asked to compare the Wit to last year's stay at the Swissotel, I would say the Wit wins in location, room, and service, but loses in the views from the room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank step_ott
Reviewed January 11, 2011

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful! In fact I went on my Honeymoon and they gave me a room upgrade PLUS on little sleep when I first got there they were cleaning my room and made my husband and me their priority. The beds were comfortable. The hotel is in a fabulous location. Great walking distance to restaurants, shopping, sites, plus a bus tour is right outside the door and it's right next to the L so you have great public transportation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2011

You are right down in the heart of Chicago, just off the Chicago River, within walking distance of Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave) and about 4 miles (at most) from Navy Pier. You are surrounded by culture, shopping, restaurants, and views. The hotel has it's own restaurants and even a night club on the top floor. The rooms are very Modern. One of the prettiest hotels I've stayed at in Chicago, and rooms aren't terribly expensive. I would definitely go back.