theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
Hilton.com
$375
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
2,733 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roomthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsmillennium parkthe beanupon checkblue line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed at the Wit with my wife during a business trip. We loved the hip decor and "happenin'" atmosphere. The lounge on the roof is very cool, transitions into an open air environment with torches for heat and light. A great place to chill and people watch.
The restaurant serves a really nice traditional breakfast and has a great "chill" atmosphere. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Chicago who want to "live it up".

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2009

TheWit is trying to be a trendy, hip hotel, but has forgotten the basics that guests are looking for--comfort & service. The rooms are uncomfortable--small, odd furniture, the bathroom sink is strangely shaped and so tiny that it fails to drain water. The bathroom door slides open, which was annoying and leaves for very little privacy. The service is spotty. We had requested items from housekeeping and had to call multiple times. In the interim, we received a rubix cube and jelly apple--fun touches, but would much rather have received the towels that were needed.

I can't imagine staying at this hotel on a business trip. The internet is not free and overall the hotel room is hard to function in, given the size and odd design of the bathroom. The hotel gym and rooftop bar were top notch, but not a reason to stay at the hotel or recommend it. Go elsewhere for a more polished and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I stayed at the Wit at the recommendation of a friend, who told me that the hotel was new, the rooms were clean and the roof top bar was a great nighttime spot. While I agree with that description, there are a few critical items those considering the Wit should know. First, the rooms are TINY. Two of us could not move around at the same time comfortably. The bathroom is small and NOT functional. The sink is "modern" and absolutely ridiculous. Also, there was a charge for use of the Internet in the room, even for Platinum Hilton Honors members. Second, as a first time visitor to Chicago, I found the hotel to be in an undesirable location. Yes, it is near the El, but Chicago is not that big and is quite walkable (on a warm day). I would have much preferred to be on the other side of the river, closer to Lake Michigan and the Gold Coast shopping. Taxis are not expensive, so if you wish to visit sights in the Loop area, my recommendation is to stay elsewhere and make the quick trip over. The only plus of being near the El was being able to easily travel to Wicker Park, which was a great place to walk around and spend a day. But a taxi from Michigan Avenue to the center of Wicker Park cost less than $10. Finally, while the rooftop was fun and a nice place to get a drink, it is not reason to stay in the hotel. A hotel key grants you immediate access to the roof, but it did not appear that non-guests had to wait (and this was Friday night). Because we were there on points (this is a Hilton), we ended up checking out and walking across the river to the Conrad (also a Hilton) for a GREAT stay. Next time I visit Chicago, I plan to skip the Wit.
One positive note, the gym was clean, new and nice with TVs on each cardio machine and plenty of ellipticals, bikes and treadmills.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SKara
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Stayed at The Wit for 4 nights at the end of October with a friend. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a massive tv! Room was spacious and really clean, maids did a good job each day and not forgetting the beds which are soooo comfortable!

Hotel is a great location, can walk everywhere including to Navy Pier, Art Institute, Willis Tower and The John Hancock Centre (or as we were told in the lift as we came down, we could now call it 'The John' which slightly amused us 2 English people!).

The Hotel is right by the El but this didn't disturb us and we used it to get to the Aquarium.

Staff at the Hotel are very friendly and helpful, recommended places to eat, helped with our onward travel, no question was too small for them. Special mention to the door staff who welcomed you back each day as if you had always been there. And the cookies are good too!

I can't fault anything about this hotel and we had an amazing stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank PeanutbutterUk
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I had heard amazing things about the spa at the Wit, so I decided to try it for myself. I loved it! The atmosphere was serene and the locker room was private (had it all to myself) and provided everything I needed and wanted. Even when I was waiting for my massage to begin, I had the most amazing tea. The Tranquil massage was such a treat, especially since I'm a dancer, so I need to keep my muscles healthy. Overall, I would definitely come back again. A pleasure!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo