2,959 results
All reviews state and lake rooftop bar wit hotel warm cookies spa room the theater district the river the loop diamond member corner room hotel guests floor to ceiling windows millennium park the bean upon check blue line hotel restaurant
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Definitely on my list of top Hilton properties in the city now. Eric and the rest of the staff provided us with a great stay, including a tour of The Roof. I've never had a staff member at ANY hotel who seems to work as hard at making people happy as Eric does. With a virtually unlimited stream of chocolate chip cookies, my daughter was very happy, as was my girlfriend with her bottle of wine. Nice view of the river from our rooms on the 15th floor, too.

Our only glitch was being charged for internet one night (guessing one of the teens signed in the wrong way) and not getting the "hybrid" parking rate, but those were taken care of quickly and without argument.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Dear Jeff F,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute joy to take care of you and your family while you were staying with us here at theWit, so I'm thrilled to hear that my service had such a memorable impact on your stay! Whenever your kids are ready for more warm Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookies we have them hot and fresh here at all hours of the day. I am happy that you enjoyed your room with a river view, but I do apologize that you were accidentally charged for internet and were initially charged the wrong parking rate. However, I am relieved to know that we were able to fix these issues for you right away. Please contact me if you are ever returning to stay with us at theWit, it will be a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us again anytime!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

The Wit was recommended to us by a relative. It was our first stay there and we were very satisfied. Pleasantly surprised to have an Alexa assistant in our room, which we used for nearby restaurant recommendations. We enjoyed the outdoor seating at Lake/State restaurant in the late afternoon, and then visited the roof top night club in the evening. We always enjoy our summer visits to Chicago and The Wit made this visit even more enjoyable. We will defintely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Alan S,

Thank you for your kind feedback! I am so happy that your first stay at theWit was such a memorable one, and that the Alexa that is featured in our rooms on the 19th floor helped you find some nearby restaurant recommendations! I am also glad that our patio seating at State and Lake Chicago Tavern, and our incredible ROOF bar, helped you enjoy our hotel from top to bottom! Chicago always has such an incredible vibe during summer, so please come visit us again at any time. When you do return, please feel free to contact me directly as I would love to welcome you back for another amazing stay at theWit!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

I'm extremely pleased with my recent stay at theWit. It was my sisters bachelorette party and I wanted to find a place that was centrally located, large rooms, and good amenities. They met all my expectations and more, especially the staff. Everyone that we encountered went above and beyond, very friendly, and helpful. I've traveled and stayed in a lot of hotels but none that have had such great customer service. The rooms were quite spacious and the floor to ceiling windows made the views even more incredible. I would highly recommend staying here! We will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Kelsey M,

Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location right in the heart of downtown Chicago, and that our large rooms and fantastic amenities were to your liking. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests are receiving a fantastic Wit experience, and I cannot tell you how glad I am that our service level stands out among the hotels you have experienced in your travels! I am also thrilled that the view from your room was enjoyable as well, as there are several sights to see right from the comfort of your own bedroom. When you return to theWit please do not hesitate to contact me directly as we would love to welcome you back for another incredible stay!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

This was my first visit to theWit and based on my visit, it won't be my last. I had a great room with a beautiful view of the river below. Everything was clean, the service was very helpful and the restaurant had one of the most amazing burgers I've ever had (The Tavern burger).

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear S3691FXjessicaf,

Thank you so much for your incredible review! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your inaugural visit to theWit, we are anxious to welcome you back again! Our corner rooms have excellent views of the river so I am happy to hear that we were able to treat you to some gorgeous scenery while you were staying with us. I am also thrilled that the cleanliness in the hotel and service level you experienced here at theWit was to your liking, I will pass your kind words along to our team. Last but not least our culinary team at State and Lake Chicago Tavern will be overjoyed to know our Tavern Burger was the best burger you've had in your life, please come back and enjoy it any time!

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well located to the theater district, Magnificent Mile, Art Institute--everything, really. Stayed in a Paramount Suite for a girl's weekend. Our room had great views of the River, Lake Michigan and city--just incredible. The staff is outstanding from the front door to housekeeping. Loved it!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location just steps away from great attractions like shopping on the Magnificent Mile, shows in the Theater District, and a world class art collection at the Art Institute. I'm also thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Paramount Suite, which all have floor to ceiling windows and breathtaking views of Lake Michigan, Millennium Park, and south State street including the Chicago Theater marquee! Our staff works very hard to ensure every guest is receiving a fantastic Wit experience and I am glad to hear you were no exception. The housekeeping team and front office staff will be so happy to hear your feedback regarding their service during your girls' weekend in Chicago! Please feel free to contact me directly if you are returning to theWit as I'd love to welcome you back for another incredible stay!