2,959 results
All reviews state and lake rooftop bar wit hotel warm cookies spa room the theater district the river the loop diamond member corner room hotel guests floor to ceiling windows millennium park the bean upon check blue line hotel restaurant
Reviewed June 19, 2017

I'm extremely pleased with my recent stay at theWit. It was my sisters bachelorette party and I wanted to find a place that was centrally located, large rooms, and good amenities. They met all my expectations and more, especially the staff. Everyone that we encountered went above and beyond, very friendly, and helpful. I've traveled and stayed in a lot of hotels but none that have had such great customer service. The rooms were quite spacious and the floor to ceiling windows made the views even more incredible. I would highly recommend staying here! We will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Kelsey M,

Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location right in the heart of downtown Chicago, and that our large rooms and fantastic amenities were to your liking. Our staff goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests are receiving a fantastic Wit experience, and I cannot tell you how glad I am that our service level stands out among the hotels you have experienced in your travels! I am also thrilled that the view from your room was enjoyable as well, as there are several sights to see right from the comfort of your own bedroom. When you return to theWit please do not hesitate to contact me directly as we would love to welcome you back for another incredible stay!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

This was my first visit to theWit and based on my visit, it won't be my last. I had a great room with a beautiful view of the river below. Everything was clean, the service was very helpful and the restaurant had one of the most amazing burgers I've ever had (The Tavern burger).

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear S3691FXjessicaf,

Thank you so much for your incredible review! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your inaugural visit to theWit, we are anxious to welcome you back again! Our corner rooms have excellent views of the river so I am happy to hear that we were able to treat you to some gorgeous scenery while you were staying with us. I am also thrilled that the cleanliness in the hotel and service level you experienced here at theWit was to your liking, I will pass your kind words along to our team. Last but not least our culinary team at State and Lake Chicago Tavern will be overjoyed to know our Tavern Burger was the best burger you've had in your life, please come back and enjoy it any time!

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well located to the theater district, Magnificent Mile, Art Institute--everything, really. Stayed in a Paramount Suite for a girl's weekend. Our room had great views of the River, Lake Michigan and city--just incredible. The staff is outstanding from the front door to housekeeping. Loved it!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location just steps away from great attractions like shopping on the Magnificent Mile, shows in the Theater District, and a world class art collection at the Art Institute. I'm also thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Paramount Suite, which all have floor to ceiling windows and breathtaking views of Lake Michigan, Millennium Park, and south State street including the Chicago Theater marquee! Our staff works very hard to ensure every guest is receiving a fantastic Wit experience and I am glad to hear you were no exception. The housekeeping team and front office staff will be so happy to hear your feedback regarding their service during your girls' weekend in Chicago! Please feel free to contact me directly if you are returning to theWit as I'd love to welcome you back for another incredible stay!

Reviewed June 17, 2017

Kit is an outstanding concierge who is very helpful and knowledgable. Her suggestions about where to eat and what attractions to see within the city made our stay very enjoyable. When we come back to Chicago we will look forward to staying at theWit. Thank you

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear dwcw2015,

Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed Kit's services, she will be thrilled to hear that she had such a memorable impact on your stay! Our staff here at theWit goes above and beyond to make sure our guests get fantastic service and I am glad you were no exception. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another fantastic stay!

Reviewed June 16, 2017

Hotels in Chicago were booked solid, this was the only place that was relatively close to my meeting location. Paid $459 per night plus tax. Aside from the modern vibe, it felt like a normal DoubleTree as opposed to an upscale hotel. At that rate, how about some free coffee in the lobby rather than $3.60 go-cups in the restaurant?

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear FrogmanPA,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that our hotel was not an enjoyable experience for you while you were with us. Our rates do increase when the city is booked and apologize that your stay did match the expectations you had given the rate. We do offer complimentary coffee for our guests in every room in the hotel, however I apologize that we did not offer that service for you in the lobby. We brew Sparrow coffee in our restaurant, which is a fantastic local roaster that is featured in several upscale restaurants around Chicago, so in order to have a higher level of coffee available for our guests we offer both the complimentary coffee in the rooms and coffee for sale in the restaurant. If you do return to the hotel please contact me directly as I would love to welcome back and help to maximize your Wit experience!