“Great stay”

theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #37 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Everyone very helpful Great room , great location,.. I could not have hoped for a nicer place to stay. it was within walking distance from every place I needed to be. I would stay there again if there is another reason to go to Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Ronald P, Thank you for taking the time to review theWit Hotel Chicago. We are delighted that you enjoyed our great location, guest rooms, and helpful staff. We are lucky to have them. We hope to see you soon at theWit!-Kind Regards, theWit Guest Relations.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed three times at the Wit in downtown Chicago. The hotel is beautiful and wonderfully situated within walking distance of many restaurants, shopping and business. I will stay there again the next time I am in Chicago.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Christine T, theWit Hotel Chicago would like to thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy our convenient location in the Chicago Loop. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to theWit! Best Regards, theWit Guest Relations.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent last minute choice. My hotel stay exceeded my expectations. I was greeted by an extremely courteous valet driver and it only got better when I arrived at the main desk to check-in. I had a corner view room with an amazing view and my room was high enough, so I did not hear any loud street noises. I may return, but I will definitely need to book in advance as my rate was more than I would usually pay to stay at a hotel in Chicago. As a Hilton Diamond member, I felt like the benefits were minimal, but the hotel was still very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear MissToraT, T. We are humbled by your kind words and thank you for taking the time to review theWit Hotel Chicago. Our staff takes every opportunity to personalize theWit experience, especially those of our loyal Diamond members. We are glad that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your time with us and especially our great views from our guest rooms. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon to theWit!-Warm Regards, theWit Guest Relations

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This property is in a prime location to either walk, catch a taxi or the train. The rooms, however, are only okay. The decor is modern and nice, but rooms are relatively small. This if fine for a single or couple's stay - not ideal for a family. We had the pleasure of receiving an upgrade for one of my nights due to Diamond status and availability. We moved to a corner room with a better view of the water and a separate shower and garden tub. The tub is huge and marvelous for relaxing; however, the actual room got smaller to accomodate the larger bathroom. While we enjoyed those amenities, I can't say I'd be willing to pay for such an "upgrade". The breakfast coupon was nice and the food was yummy; however, I mistakenly got charged for the full meal on my hotel bill. It was simple enough getting the charge reversed, but I did not note any extraordinary service. It was my boyfriend's birthday and I called concierge a few times to get assistance with getting a cake. I think of a concierge service as a "whatever you need, we'll find a way to get it" type of service. This was not the case. Each call I made was met with confusion or disinterest.

Overall, the facilities are modern and food is good. Service and wow-factor is only average. Still, I'd stay again for the convenience of the location and a clean place to lay my head.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer better views and a luxurious bathtub.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jennifer B, theWit would like to thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are disappointed to learn your stay was not up to your complete satisfaction despite our great location . As noted, our suites do have varied lay-outs and we try to accommodate guests with all preferences. We are sorry if you were not able to thoroughly enjoy your upgraded suite. As mentioned, our Concierge staff does take the “Whatever it takes” approach in order to accommodate each guest experience. We are sorry if your experience with our staff was less than desirable and we know that should you return, your next stay with us will be extraordinary. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon theWit.- Sincerely, theWit Guest Relations.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a great stay at the Witt. We were down town Chicago for a show. We booked our room online and hoped we choose a good place. We were so impressed we choose the upgrade option for 5.00 more and were surprised at check in that we were upgraded to a wonderful room. Everyone was very friendly from our check in with Danielle through out our stay. We enjoyed our stay so much we are planning another weekend stay! Couldn't have chosen a better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth A

Dear Elizabeth A, We are thrilled to read your great review and thank you for providing this wonderful feedback. We are all proud of Danielle and her great service! We are glad that you were able to upgrade to one of our great suite options with our fantastic views. Once again, we thank you for choosing theWit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.- Warm Regards, theWit Guest Relations.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I like the Wit but for a Diamond member, there are others that are better. State & Lake used to be a huge benefit when you could basically order anything as part of the free breakfast. The food at any time of the day there is great but as cost cutting starts, so do the benefits for loyal visitors. Also, for as many times as I have stayed at this hotel, I have only been upgraded one time (and I have stayed there a dozen times or more). I understand that the hotel will only upgrade if availble but I think they are very stingy there and really don't try to go above and beyond.

The benefits are certainly the location, posh look and rooftop bar/restaurant, especially for couples & friends. I don't think this is a great hotel for families with small children. I would stay at the Conrad, Palmer House or another Hilton in a different location and not as loud and busy as this one.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Shelliu, Thank you for taking the time to review theWit hotel Chicago. We are disappointed to learn that your stay with us was less than extraordinary. We never take any guest patronage for granted and especially that of our most loyal Diamond Guests. Currently at theWit, Diamond Guests receive many great benefits including: Complimentary High speed Internet, two bottles of Evian water, a tasty local amenity from one of our Chicago merchants, Complimentary continental breakfast for up to two guests per room in our first floor restaurant, State and Lake Chicago Tavern OR $15.50 credit value per person towards another breakfast menu item, tax and gratuity not included, 1000 bonus points per stay, Guaranteed room with a reservation made at least 48/hours prior to arrival (some restrictions apply), Complimentary late check out up to 2:00pm, based upon availability, and a Complimentary upgrade, based upon availability. While certain benefits are based on availability we do always try to provide our Diamond members with first priority. We do try to accommodate all our guests including business travelers and family/leisure travelers alike. We do thank you for choosing theWit and we know, should you return, your next stay will be remarkable. –Best Regards, theWit Guest Relations

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Spent one night at TheWit last week for business. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is not your average DoubleTree - it is funky and cool. I loved the colors and decor. My room was very spacious and clean, and I had a great view of Marina City. If I had to give one criticism, it would be that they charge for wifi. I don't understand why this isn't just built into every hotel rate at this point...

1  Thank Dawn F
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Dawn F, We would like to thank you for your great review of the theWit Hotel Chicago. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the great views from our guest rooms. We do offer complimentary Internet on our first and second floors. Due to customer demand, we have installed exceptional Internet bandwidth so that all 310 guest rooms could be streaming a movie simultaneously and no one would get bounced. You will not find this level of bandwidth at any other option in the city. This premium connectivity, however, does come at a high cost and we must pass a very small part of that along to our guests. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Once again, we thank you for choosing theWit and highly look forward to welcoming you back. Best Regards, theWit Guest Relations.