“Hotel review”

theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #35 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location to events in downtown Chicago. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. We attended a show at the Chicago Theater and found the staff helpful in getting what we needed for this performance. After the show we listened to entertainment in the hotel dining room and found this to be a pleasant bonus

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your taking the time to comment on your experience at theWit. Glad to hear you enjoyed the entertainment at Chicago Theatre and State and Lake Chicago Tavern, as well. We hope to see you soon. Best, theWit Guest Relations

There are newer reviews for theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Wit (or theWit, I'm not sure which is correct) recently for a family wedding. The wedding, reception, and dinner were all at the hotel. As city hotels go, theWit was a great value (group negotiated rate), but be aware that parking is $56 a night. You can't do a whole lot better in the area - just the way it is. The bell staff is especially customer-oriented...called me by name on my departure. Room was fine. Now for the wedding - flawless execution by the hotel. Great venue, great food, wonderful attention to detail. This was the least stressful wedding I think I've ever been to. The hotel was superb.

• Stayed: October 2013
GeneralManager201, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear VTLongTimeTraver,

I am very pleased to read your comments about the engagement of our staff and your experience at the wedding by our catering and culinary team. They take a lot of pride in delivering an exceptional experience for those special events. I will read your comments to the team during our staff meeting this afternoon. I am sure they will appreciate the recognition you have provided.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A wonderful experience! Or stay was positive from the time we stepped into the hotel until the time we departed. The appearance of the hotel was pristine, as was the service from all the employees.We would definitely return to the Doubletree WIT, and would be happy to bring our children as well!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alvin W,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. It is nice to hear about your experience with our staff. Most importantly, we hope to you again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I always stay at this property when I go to Chicago. I found the staff to be firendly and helpful. I love the nature sounds piped into the hallway. The restaurant food does not disappoint, from the presentation to the fresh ingredients used in the dishes I had.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had a meeting at the Hyatt bit since I have Hilton Gold status decided to stay at this hotel. Everyone seems to know it because of the rooftop bar. That definitely got plenty of action.

I had a corner room on a high floor. Comfortable. Very modern interior and bathroom. A little noisy due to the proximity to the train.

I had coupons for a limited breakfast that I could upgrade if I wanted something different.

Room Tip: Pick a side away from the train.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is located close to Michigan Ave and lots of places to dine. Room was nice and very clean with very comfortable beds. We were on the 26th floor with an amazing view and the elevator was extremely fast. Since they charge $56 for valet (no self parking), we decided to park a block away for $40.

When we returned from supper, our grandson had a "kids gift bag" in our room filled with small toys. Very nice employees and would definitely recommend this hotel. Only downfall was no pool for the little ones but overall, enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Livingforhim1
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Not that I don't like the DoubleTree brand, but this hotel definitely elevates the brand. The rooms were huge with floor to ceiling windows. Bathroom was updated with nice bath products and the shower was huge. Bed was extremely comfortable and room was quiet. The hotel was centrally located to a lot (GREAT view of Millennium Park from the hotel's rooftop lounge). The Rooftop lounge was fabulous. The food and service was great (was there hosting a corporate event) and I was very impressed. I walked to my company's office which was about 5 blocks away and if you are a shopper, hold onto your wallet. GREAT shopping along State Street! Stopped about 5 times.

Room Tip: top floor in the back of the hotel will give you a great view of Millennium Park
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vickieDOTcom

Dear rosone13,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at theWit. I truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Most importantly, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and found our hotel to be different than the typical Double Tree brand. We enjoy our relationship with Hilton and Double Tree and hope that you received your HHonors points and chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Although we are different than the brand profile, we are told we are different than any other hotel as well.

We hope to see you again when visiting Chicago.