theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
$725
$607
$519
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$576
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Orbitz.com
$484
Hilton.com
$492
getaroom.com
2,749 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roomthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsmillennium parkthe beanupon checkblue line
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We spent the weekend at The Wit. Valet and check-in were smooth. We requested a mini-fridge to be in our room the night before check in and it was not in the room when we got there. A quick phone call down to the desk and the problem was solved. Concierge was friendly and helpful. This hotel was in a great location. We walked to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and Willis Tower (Sears Tower). The hotel is right next to a CVS and the Red Line. You couldn't hear the Red Line in the room. The only drawback for some people may be that this is a more "young and hip" hotel. We did not have our young kids with us so we weren't bothered by the atmosphere; however, batchelorette parties and club goers in the lobby wouldn't be appropriate for the young ones. We would stay again without our kids.

Room Tip: You can see the river from the front of the building or the lake from the back of the building if you are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hb1216
GeneralManager201, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear hb1216 ,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the staff and everyone responded quickly to your requests and personal needs. We do get many compliments about the location for business and leisure travel, especially as it relates to public access to the airports. Of course, we never get tired of hearing about it from our valued guests.

We hope you come back and see us soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a horrible trip up until my arrival at The Wit. Danielle at the front desk turned the trip around completely by giving me a great room with a view and toiletries and a robe with slippers since the airline had lost my luggage. She went above and beyond to turn my trip around. I can't say enough good things about this hotel- great location, close to shops and Millennium Park and Lake Shore Drive, beautiful modern rooms, and a friendly staff willing to go the extra mile. I will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kathleen G ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at theWit. We have recognized Danielle for her extraordinary service and attention to your situation. We are fortunate to have her on our team greeting our guests.

It is very satisfying to hear about your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Wife and I stayed at the Wit during the 4th of July week. Very trendy hotel that is well-kept. Trendy hotels tend to be overpriced, but the room was fairly priced for the amenities it offers. Great views from the windows of our room and windows can be opened if you wanting to here the sounds of Chicago. Bar and the food was ridiculously overpriced ($16 for a cocktail????). Only a block away from many landmarks. Staff was friendly for the most part, but we could tell that they were extremely busy. They could have been sociable. Overall, very good stay. We are more inclined to try another hotel the next time in Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snooter317
GeneralManager201, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Snooter317,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay over the July 4th holiday, and we thank you for your comments and feedback. We continue to focus on engaging with our guests and appreciate you sharing your experience.

We do appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I selected theWit because of its closeness to the train from O'hare. It's only a two block walk from the train station. There were many people on the streets and a couple of visitors rolling their luggage behind them fit right in. The hotel is in a nice area of town. I used Hilton points to pay for my room. if you're like me you think if you pay for a room with points there is a chance you'll end up in a broom closet sleeping on a cot. Not at theWit. I was upgraded to a large corner room with an obstructed view of Lake Michigan and a great view down State Street. My wife and I loved it. That evening we went out for a walk and some deep-dish pizza and it was great as well. I will have to mention, unrelated to the hotel stay, the impression I received of Chicago due the large number of pan-handlers on the streets. Every 50 feet or so someone staring at you or shaking a cup. If the city's plan to help the less fortunate is to have them beg visitors for loose change than the city leaders are failing it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Idbuythatforadollar

Dear Idbuythatforadollar,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review outlining your experience while in Chicago. I am pleased to hear about your experience at theWit and your view of our convenient location adjacent to the train station. Just so you are aware, you can get to the hotel from both of Chicago's airports by train.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to post your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were able to clock in early do to my birthday was very nice. The service at the front desk was awesome. The club was amazing on the roof. Just don't room service was not very good and over priced. t

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple