“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My daughter and I recently traveled to Chicago for a dance audition at The Joffrey Ballet. We picked this hotel because of the proximity to the ballet studio and could not have been more pleased. The trip on the L from Midway was a breeze and the train let us off within sight of the hotel at the State/Lake stop. We requested an early check-in and were easily accommodated. The room had a lovely view and was very nicely decorated. After a long dance class my daughter loved soaking in the spa tub! We had lunch at the hotel restaurant twice because the first meal was so outstanding. Every staff person we encountered was so friendly and happy to share shopping tips or directions. One thing we really appreciated was how quiet the room was. We did not hear any other guests and had a great night sleep on the wonderfully comfortable bed. We really enjoyed the proximity to shopping and sights. Everything was within walking distance. The staff was happy to store out bags for us while we went on a shopping expedition before flying out. The gentlemen that stored the bags was looking for us when we returned just to make sure we hadn't gotten lost and were able to see all the things we wanted to see. We so hope to make a return trip to Chicago and would love to stay at theWit again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake. So beautiful!!
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dabs13
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. The team is thrilled to be able to host special experiences of all kinds. We will await repeat visit(s) and experiences as well.

Mark Shouger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a Junior Spa Suite for two nights in August of 2011. The room was great and the view was fantastic. The bed was soft and delightful and the spa was amazing. If you are sensitive to noise, i would recommend not getting a room on the top floor. The music from the rooftop bar could easily be heard while in bed. But overall, this was a fantastic stay.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MShouger, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Great winter feedback from leisure travelers from close and not so close by. We continue to post all reviews around the property to share with all team members. We do hope to see all past guests back soon.

Fox River Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

theWit is at State & Lake, so still within the Loop but at the North end. It was convenient to all of the Loop attractions that were on our agenda during this visit. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and even included a couch, which was a nice amenity I had not expected. I was pleasantly surprised at how little street noise we heard (always a concern in a downtown hotel). The closet was large for a hotel closet (great!), and there was a nice-sized bath tub in the room. There was an in-room coffee maker but I found in inconvenient to use because it is stored in cupboard so one has to get it out, and find a place to put it and plug it in to use it. The warm cookie upon check-in is a nice treat. Overall, good visit and I will definitely consider returning here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I live in the burbs and decided to have a weekend getaway in the city, and theWit is where we decided to stay. The rooms are great, the views of the ciy are great and the service is perfect. I have traveled a lot over the years for business and have stayed at many hotels. This one was by far one of the best rooms I have stayed at.

They also have valet parking and they are quick to deliver your vehicle when you want - very nice!

The location is also perfect. There are many local restuarants and bars to walk too, and close to Soldier Field if you are going to the game or tailgating (as we did!).

Highly recommend using this hotel.

Kelly Smith

Room Tip: We were located with a view of the famous Bean...good view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work monthly. From the moment of check-in I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the high level of service. The front desk agent was very friendly and repeatedly called me by my name. The room was spotless and bar on the Rooftop was hoppin. I'll definitely go back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you.

We are thrilled that you experienced theWit and ROOF on theWit in such a positive way. We will share your kind words, and we will eagerly await your repeat visits.

theWit Hotel
Chicago
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really did my research trying to find a nice place for me and my children to stay when traveling to Chicago for a gymnastics meet. When I came across the Wit, it had great reviews and the pictures looked awesome! However, I was very disappointed. The rooms were okay, but nothing special. I had a decent view of the city. It is also located in a great area, and everything is within walking distance. However, the night we arrived, my daughter’s bedspread was dingy and had blood on it. She did not use the bedspread after she found it, but decided to wait until the next day to call for a new one, because everyone else was already asleep. The next day when we asked for a bedspread they brought us a "clean" one. However, it was dingy and had blood on it too. It was disgusting and after that I just thought the hotel was dirty. After we received the second dirty comforter, I called and asked to speak with a manager. I was told he was giving a VIP a tour of the property and he would call me once finished. He never called, so obviously he didn’t care. I will never stay there again and would not recommend it. There are hotels that are less expensive and much nicer in great areas in Chicago.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MMcGhee2727
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are equally disappointed in the events described here, and I am personally disappointed as this was not brought to my attention by our team. This is certainly atypical of the environment in which we operate- all the way around. We have identified the timing of this report and team members involved so that we may assess what may have transpired, and ensure that like incidents cannot recur. I will be reaching out personally, at this time, as well.

Carpentersville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a free night from Hotels.com so got to stay here for little to nothing. Very nice hotel great location. Lobby was smaller than thought. Valet was 50 a night for parking, right down the street you can self park for far cheaper. The skydeck was amazing with great views didnt get to stay long as we had our baby with us but we did eat at State and Lake which was very good. Room was great no complaints. The bed was ok didnt sleep that great as the room was cold but we kept getting to hot and lots of sirens as well throughout the night which is not representative of the hotel itself which was amazing and great staff who got us a crib and gave us baby products as well as a nice gesture

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family