2,870 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundswarm cookiesspa roomthe theater districtthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsmillennium parkfloor to ceiling windowsthe beanupon checkblue line
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We had a suite for a bachelor party, and it was awesome. The room had a great view of Lake Michigan, and was surprisingly quiet with all of the other parties that seemed to be going on down the hall. Staff was friendly, and very helpful. The rooftop bar is a great place to get a drink if it's a nice evening. It's pricey, but every bar in Chicago is. When you are in the suite, you get to go to the front of the line for the bar, when it's busy, and believe me, it gets busy! I would definitely stay here again, it's walking distance to most things downtown, just be ready to pay a decent amount to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed a weekend at TheWit and truly loved it. The hotel is modern and trendy, but not snobby or pretentious.
The room was modern and clean. We chose a corner room with floor to ceiling windows - which provided nice views. The room was very quiet and we never heard any outside or hotel noise. Another nice feature - rare these days, one window opens a bit - for fresh air.
The location of the hotel simply could not be better. We parked the car and took public transportation to Michigan Ave, Museums, Willis Tower and restaurants. The hotel is located one block off of the river and a few blocks from Millennium park and is near the best coffee shop ever, Intelligentsia.
The Gilchrist and Soames bathroom amenities were a nice surprise and we opted for the Spa Bathroom with the extra large modern tub. It was so worth it and the most unexpected detail. The beds were very comfortable and we both slept well.
As an extra bonus, hotel guests receive free cover to the exclusive club, ROOF - located, yes, on the roof of the hotel. It provided spectacular views and even though it was a little young and showy, but the view makes it worth a visit, even if you are under-dressed! In the warmer months, they have a outdoor area that looked stunning.
The restaurant in the hotel was okay - breakfast was the better of the meals. The staff, in all areas, were stellar. Each person we encountered was kind, courteous, and seemed genuinely interested in making our stay terrific. We felt like we were king and queen for the weekend at this hotel - something I have never said or felt anywhere else, including a few 5 star hotels.
The only possible complaint would be the parking, which was expensive, but not out of line for downtown Chicago. And there are inexpensive parking alternatives if you are willing to walk a few blocks.
We will definitely return to TheWit for the staff, quality, location, and gemütlichkeit, if you know what that means. Happy Travels.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skarikari
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We are loyal Hilton members and we have really enjoyed every visit at the Wit Hotel. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Our stay this past weekend was for my birthday and our front desk host "Jessica" found a perfect room to view the St. Patty's day "Green River" tradition; fantastic view. The location is perfect for everything and the rooftop bar during the warmer months is buzzing!

The only downside to note is that the Hotel does not have On Demand movies for those Room Service Lazy Days...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I have been traveling to Chicago heavily since the start of the year and have spent 30 nights at the Wit since February 2011. There are plenty of options for hotels in the Loop and River North areas, but I have chosen the Wit based on the quality of service, amenities, and the design aesthetics of the rooms and hotel. Before staying at the Wit, I was staying at a prominent boutique hotel in the area, particularly because I appreciated the personalized service and offerings based on my travel history and loyalty with the chain. I was somewhat hesitant to switch over to the Wit for extended work visits in Chicago, since it is a much larger hotel under a much bigger brand- the Hilton family of hotels. However, the front office staff at the Wit have managed to provide equally impressive service on par with the boutiques that I have visited in my travels. I have had contact with pretty much the entire front office at the hotel, and am impressed with their execution. From the bellboy Kris Jeffers, to the front desk team, to front office supervisor Joe Noworyta, to the general manager Mark Shouger, the Wit continues to shine in the arena of guest services.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2015

Dear seeingplatinum,

Thank you for sharing your experience at theWit Hotel! We hope to see you back soon. Have a marvelous afternoon!

At your Service,

theWit Guest Relations Team

Reviewed March 10, 2011

This hotel is set in the perfect location and they must have spent months hiring all the staff. They are all so friendly and polite. The food at state and lake is amazing! Bacon Burger....MmmmmmMmMMMm! From arriving with Rudy in Valet, then Matt the best bellman I have ever seen in my 20+ years of constant travel and hotel stays to Annie at the desk that checked me in with a smile and a warm cookie! Everyone else I ran into was so approachable and friendly. But anything we had a question about or needed help with we went back to Matt. He was so knowledgeable about Chicago(and the world for that matter) and made us feel like more than just guests of a hotel. I believe we made a true friend. Checkout was a breeze with Onni. And we will definately make theWit a permenant Chicago based home whenever we visit. Rooms are very clean and so modern. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple