“Good service and tasty pad thai”
Review of The Noodle

The Noodle
Ranked #1,291 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I popped into this Vietnamese restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown. As I am vegetarian I checked the menu and couldn't see anything without meat so I asked the waitress. She pointed out the no meat pho but told me it was served with a beef broth. I have been in restaurant's before which would ignore this. The waitress offered me tofu pad thai although this wasn't listed on the menu. It was very tasty and a large portion. I was impressed with the friendly, fast service and the reasonable prices and would certainly go back or recommend it to friends.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Their pad thai was a little sweet and the pho was a little oily, but everything else was good! It was clean, service was fast, we were seated immediately, and prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful, hearty Vietnamese pho (soup) and tasty sandwiches. Value can't be beat. I stop there everytime im in Chinatown.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The decore is nothing to write home about, nor is the service. But the tables are clean and the food is out of this world. I would rather go to The Noodle for beef spring rolls and a bowl of pho than eat at any of gourmet restaurants I've been to. The pho is perfectly seasoned...actually perfumed may be a better word! Wherever I go I look for a pho restaurant, and I have never found a broth as good as The Noodle's.

Also of note is the nunc cham, the fish sauce served with the spring rolls and the vermicelli bowls (the bowls are a favorite of my wife and son). The nunc cham is out of this world -- true artistry. Perfectly balanced, the first taste turns the world from black and white into technicolor. We love it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Basic vietnamese. Good pho, and good prices. Nothing outstanding, except for the size of the portions. Order a small pho, it's enormous, and you can take the rest home.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook