“Hotel is really only suited for those who need airport convenience.”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #117 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Coral Gables, Florida
“Hotel is really only suited for those who need airport convenience.”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I wish there were an "it depends" option for recommending this hotel. I recently stayed here for a small business meeting that was occuring at the hotel. We all arrived from different states. Thus, the convenience of never having to leave the hotel was really nice for this short visit. However, there was nothing special about this hotel other than it's proximity to the airport and the subway. I certainly wouldn't recommend this as your hotel for a "visit to Chicago" to see the sites. You could get a lot more for your money from other hotel. Overall, it is pretty bland and expensive for what you get. If you are diamond, like me, there is no concierge floor or manager reception. I suspect that, given it's location, Diamond members are a dime a dozen so there really isn't any special treatment.

I see this hotel as a fabulous option for those who have a quick business meeting among those flying in from multiple locations, or those with a super early flight out in the a.m.

1 Thank estabrks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boothbay, Maine
Reviewed September 24, 2010

While the location can't be beat if you have to fly a group of people in for a quick meeting, or have an extended flight delay, and are willing to pay big bucks for a night's sleep, those are the only two reasons that I would ever stay in this hotel again, and I have been here twice on business. You can walk from the airport terminal to the hotel, which is very convenient for quick business conferences, and saves money on ground transportation. But, the down side of this is that the hotel is located on the equivalent of a median strip, with access roads on both sides, one facing the parking lot, and the other side facing the terminal. If you want to walk outside, you find yourself on a an island surrounded by concrete, with glaring lights at night. It is isolated, so there are no consumer choices, you cannot walk somewhere else for a drink or meal, unless you would rather eat in an airport terminal. The rooms were just O.K.. The halls were noisy at night. I can't believe how many people will walk down a hallway, in full volume converstation at 2:00 or 4:00 a.m.!
Everything is sooo expensive! I ordered a side of breakfast potatoes, and sausage with coffee for breakfast, nothing else, and the tab was $21!! Our group had a private dinner with a "cash bar" but the hotel event staff "forgot" to set up the cash bar! So, we had to go to the bar for a glass of wine, at $9 each, and a draft beer is $8.50! There is a surcharge on everything, including the use of the computer terminals in the guest business center. There is a high security prison built on a median strip on a highway in Massachusetts, and this hotel stay was about as inviting as that prison. I hope I do not have to stay there again.

1 Thank Travelswithlabs
ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I am here now trying to sleep in a worn out bed--the side next to the telephone sinks and creeks, so i am trying to sleep in the middle, It is 11:30 pm and there are maids in the hallway talking loudly as they go about their work.
When I checked in I had asked for a feather free room, and they wanted to upcharge me 20 dollare for an "eviromental" room. When I asked the gentlman at the front desk if I could just have feather free pillows, he called housekeeping right away. He was very efficient and professional. The problem became that feathers all over the stained and obviously unvacummed carpet.
The ceilings in the hallway and meeting rooms are about 6.5 ft. tall and are dimly lit, so the place feels very cave-like.
I called the front desk for a toothbrush as I had forgotten mine. I was informed that there was a packet in the room that had a toothbrush and paste, a conb and a razor was available. Yeah! For $7.00 it all could be mine. Much lesser hotels would gladly offer you a complimentary toothbrush without batting an eye. Not here!
The only plus is not having to take a cab into town.

1 Thank comfortablyclean

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I got stranded at airport and United paid for my stay but the review is limited on a short 6 hour stay. Room was good, location for airport terminals I was in were great, but I was surprised on the cost of additional services. Heh Super 8 motels and McDonalds gives me free WiFi, but the Hilton has fee??. I was impressed in my room was small package with a cheap razor, a comb and a toothbrush ïn case I forgot something. Unlike Holiday inn which gives these for free the Hilton wanted $7. Heh not a big deal, but at the rates they charge why is there a chage at all? Where is the value, I'd stay on less impressive sheets, a smaller tv, and a checkout guy not wearing a fancy suit and get a lower rate with free wifi elsewhere if i was paying. I have to say as I entered the Terminal at 4:30 am (a very short walk from hotel) I'm sure I felt betterthan the people I saw sleeping on the chairs in the terminal. Ah a shower!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 13, 2010

/we were greeted upon arrival, the Manager was very accomodating because we added another person to the room. He gave us a larger corner room and discounted it. We paid $20.00 less than the Embassy Suites. The staff were so nice and helpful. The food was Great!! Lamb and chicken and bisquets!! It was fantastic.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2010

You won't remember much about this hotel one month after staying there.. It is attached to the United Terminal, so that's a very convenient location if you need to catch an early flight, but that's about it. Service is average, same as the room decor.
Hilton is kind of cheap at this location: they don't give you any complimentary water, so if you forgot to ask for the minibar key, you can always drink the horrible tap water. On the other hand, room service food is quite ok. The Gaslight Club next door is very good too.
I cannot honestly recommend this place; next time, I'll stay at the Intercontinental, which too has an excellent restaurant, the Capital Grille, and is not far from the terminal, but at least doesn't look like a terminal...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Rockville, MD
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Well, what can I say. I stayed here one night for business. It is a Hilton. It is attached to a major airport. Having stated those latter two facts, it was no surprise that the accommodations were decent but nothing magical and that everything associated with the hotel has a [exorbitantly high] price on it .

Pros:
Super convenient - There is a walkway to the terminal
Large fitness center - It looked big anyways (I did not actually use it)
Multiple restaurants on-site - I ate at the airport food court, so no idea on the quality
Staff generally seemed friendly
Rooms were clean
Quiet/slept well

Cons:
No complimentary business center - UPS Store downstairs (extra $$ to use of course)
Cost for internet - $17.50/night
Cost for parking - $45/night
Cost in general for on-site "extras" - Granted, my only experience here was the cafe' where I blew $17 for a root beer, two breakfast bars, and a chocolate bar. I passed on the $7 cupcake...

I stayed at a contract rate, so I cannot really comment on the typical rates here. It is Chicago, so it is naturally going to be on the more pricey side.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#105 of 190 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#137 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!