3,857 results
All reviews an early flight runway view baggage claim underground tunnel gaslight club o'hare airport o hare next morning an overnight stay rental car fitness center business meeting the lower level night's sleep blue line hilton chicago can't beat the location
Reviewed April 7, 2015

We missed a connection because of a flight delay. With the discounted airline rate, we had the choice of several hotels for more of a discount, all a ten-minute drive by free shuttle. But since it was late and we had an early flight, we chose the at-airport Hilton.

I try never to write a negative review out of spite or a bad experience, only to present information I think might help others. So I don’t want to unfairly take out my flight frustrations on the lodging. The bed was in good shape, the pillows comfortable. But for the Hilton name, it wasn't the level I’d expected. Things seemed older, a bit run-down, the hallways in particular. The room felt dark and the bathroom small.

There was a coffee machine in the room with a selection of herbal tea, which was nice. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating to the long line of guests, most who seemed to have similar flight delay problems. The room itself was fine, but considering what we paid for a small room without any free internet or breakfast (and a $4 carton of yogurt in the lobby café for breakfast, I did feel that this Hilton hotel is riding on the laurels of its airport location and the steady supply of guests like ourselves. If you are looking for a convenience and location, this is fine. If you have a little more time, consider one of the other hotels close by.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Bslovetravel
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2015

Dear Bslovetravel:

Thank you for the feedback you provided about our hotel on Trip Advisor.Your comments are important to us and are shared with our management team.

Our rates do fluctuate according to occupancy demand. We are very sorry if our accommodations fell short of your expectations. We make every effort to keep our hotel well maintained and schedule refreshes as needed.

We are encouraged to know that you were happy with some of the amenities provided and with the service extended by our team.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2015

As I understand, a new management group came in at the first part of the year. While there have been some changes, I am happy to report that the service and support from the sales team, the banquet team and the finance team continues to be prompt and responsive to our needs. Contracts are drawn up in a timely manner, the room is set to our specifications and the finance department turns the billing documents around quickly (which is a very important requirement). A perfect spot for conducting business at the airport. Cannot beat the convenience.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa S
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2015

Dear Lisa S:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your nice review about us on Trip Advisor. This property has been wholly owned by Hilton Worldwide since late 1991. While we're not sure what you were referring to by stating we had a "new management group" that came in here at the beginning of the year, we are very happy to know that you have experienced some changes for the better with the way your meeting was handled from start to finish. We take pride in the many meetings that we service here and it's always encouraging to know when we are doing things right and our clients are satisfied.

We value your business and patronage of our hotel, and it will be our pleasure to welcome you and your colleagues back again in the future.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 6, 2015

On my last visit, I encountered a change to the hotel's policy of complimentary breakfast in the dining room for elite Hilton members. At that time, I was given a voucher for a take-away breakfast from the café. This time, I was pleased to receive a voucher for the restaurant.

I was also pleased to note that the two bottles of complimentary water is now stored outside the mini-bar. Last time I had to open the mini-bar to access the water and was charged for mini-bar items that I did not consume.

All changes for the better, but this hotel does not appear to offer upgrades any more to elite members. I asked and was turned down. "No upgrades available." However, after logging onto my laptop, I saw plenty of upgraded rooms available, but I was too tired to argue.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank bamboola

Dear bamboola:

Thank you for the comments you shared about us on Trip Advisor. We've listened to our loyal Hilton HHonors members whereby they are now able to redeem their complimentary full breakfast in our restaurant and made the placement of the 2 bottled waters more accessible in the guestroom. With regards to the room upgrade, per the HHonors program directive, we offer 1 tier upgrades for Gold and Diamond members. If you were already set for an upgrade upon arrival, we would not be able to upgrade further to a full suite without an additional cost. The upgrades are also issued upon availability and if you were staying numerous nights, the upgrade may have only been available for one night, but not the others. We are very sorry for any miscommunication or inconvenience caused to you.

We certainly value your loyalty, and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2015

Great location but valet parking fills up fast. When they say twin beds they mean it--they are smaller than full size beds.Connects directly to all terminals. Very convenient overnight stay for distant connections

Date of stay: April 2015