“Accommodating and Professional Staff”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #120 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Accommodating and Professional Staff”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I can almost welcome an overnight layover at O'Hare with this Hilton nearby. The rooms are decent and the sound-proofing is adequate. The staff is very professional and accommodating. On two separate occasions, my outbound flights were very delayed; the front desk granted me a no-charge extension through 2:00 PM, which was great for staying production.
Check-in in the evenings can be a bit backed up.
(While the breakfast buffet is quite decent, the servers are consistently inattentive. Par for the course, during my breakfast for this stay, I had to physically grab a server to get coffee refills. In the past, it would be at least 10 minutes before someone comes by to offer refills. This behavior could be due to my having a breakfast coupon.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Just_a_Rd_Warrior:

We thank you for both your positive and negative feedback which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that our front desk took good care of you in accommodating your needs during your stays. We apologize, however, for your breakfast experience falling short of your expectations. Be assured that your comments in this regard are being shared with our Food and Beverage management team so that corrective measures are taken for improvement.

We appreciate your choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel charges exorbitant rates to unfortunate travelers who must stay due to changes in their flight itinerary. The only free internet is in the lobby. They charge $16 for internet access. For the price I paid for the room, it should be free. It is convenient for those without a car as you can walk to the airport underground and out of the weather. (I only found this out AFTER walking across the street through the rain as there were no directions to the hotel access from the airport.) As I had checked my bags, I had no toiletries with me. I expected to a least be able to get the basics. Their toothbrushes were pitifully flimsy and they had no combs available at all. Ladies, try doing your hair in the morning without a comb!!! Room was nothing special. I should have slept in the airport and saved $300.

Room Tip: Sides facing the airport will hear jet noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Loretta D:

We thank you for your feedback which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our rates fluctuate according to supply and demand. We have no control over flight cancellations which occur randomly, but certainly do our best to accommodate passengers that are displaced pending what our current occupancy level is at that time. It is certainly not our intent to take advantage of these passengers. We do have a guest amenity pack that includes a tooth brush and toothpaste as well as a shaver and shaving cream, however, we have two gift shops within the hotel that sell other toiletry items.

Complimentary Internet is available to all Hilton HHonors Diamond and Gold members and to all guests throughout our main lobby and at our connectivity stations available in our lobby.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back, hopefully under better circumstances.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had been a Diamond member for many years but moved abroad and have not maintained status. I decided prior to a Tokyo flight next day. This was my 3rd Hilton this week. Much to my surprise and disappointment, I awoke at 5:30 to exercise and was shocked to hear of the $22 USD charge to run on the treadmill. None of the other Hiltons have charged me. The attendant said since I lost my status, I needed to pay. The guest services guide in the room did not mention a charge for usage of the Fitness room. I stayed last week at Hilton Mid town, NYC with no charge for fitness center. What is wrong with this place to charge an Hilton Honors member to run on the treadmill. As if 5:30 AM was not punishment enough. Not to mention the room safe was broken and after an hour of trying, they could not fix it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jerry B
Dear Jerry B:

We are very sorry to read about your disappointment with our hotel on Trip Advisor. The Fitness Center is complimentary to all Hilton HHonors Diamond, Gold and Silver status. We apologize if the attendant was just following procedure and did not recognize your past Diamond status as we could have made an exception. I will write to you personally to follow up on this. We also apologize for any inconvenience caused to you due to the broken safe in your guestroom and will ensure that our appropriate management is copied on your comments as this should have been discovered and repaired prior to the guest using the room.

We feel badly for falling short of your expectations and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future should your travels take you back through Chicago.

Executive Office

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

wyoming
Reviewed April 28, 2014

It is a nice and quiet and friendly hotel and it is like home, Everything is fine,but for the Lobby-shop: too expensive and very unfriendly. I bought a greeting-card and stamps and a small spoon for US 17,- and was pushed out of te shop ,since it was not enough.It makes the overall experience in the Hotel sad, as the rest is excellent

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear cowboyWyoming:

We appreciate reading your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor and are happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay, but are disappointed to learn about your experience with the lobby gift shop. I will write to you personally to obtain further details so that we may address this with their management as this is not reflective of the service culture that we strive to promote here.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will visit us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a 13 hour layover in Chicago recently and this hotel was perfect for a reasonable night's sleep plus a hot shower! I have stayed here several times and you really can't beat the "walk to" location. The room was very large with huge bathroom having a walk in shower separate from the tub. The room was very clean and the bed was made up beautifully and so inviting to a weary traveler - with great pillows and fresh sheets. My only complaint was, with it being a corner room with large windows on two sides, it was a cold room. I am sure this had been a problem in the past because there were 4 thermostats and heaters in the room, plus one in the bathroom! However, it was the middle of winter and (-) 20 degrees outside! I am sure it is a lovely room in the Summer!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear whoznchargehere:

Thank you very much for your nice comments and high ratings which you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that you've stayed with us before and that you were satisfied enough to return. We do apologize, however, for any discomfort you experienced with your room temperature.

We value your feedback and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently returned for the fourth time within the last two years for quick business/personal trips, I have yet to be disappointed with the service. The location cannot be beat with a quick walk across the street to the terminal. The front desk associates are always very helpful. I would like to make a special mention about Seana Keenahan. Seana went above and beyond as I checked in to make me feel like a special and valued client. She offered assistance in every way from ensuring I was happy with the room location, to offering her advice on restaurants and things to do in the area. Seana represents the Hilton Brand very well and is an asset to your team. Please thank her for making my brief stay very enjoyable. As you walk through the hotel everyone greets you with a smile and how may they assist. We always look forward to your breakfast buffet. Keep up the good work. My only piece of advice would be to update the rooms a bit. Otherwise they were very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura G
Dear Laura G:

We are delighted to read your kind accolades about our hotel on Trip Advisor and in particular your mention of Seana from our front office. Seana is farely new to our hotel and is a perfect role model for the hospitality business. We're proud to have her on our team and assure you that your comments are being shared with her as well as our management team.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel for both business and personal trips. It's been our pleasure to serve you here and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 25, 2014

You really can't beat this location if you have an early flight out of O'Hare, or an overnight layover. The hotel is actually closer to the term an than the airport parking garage is. The hotel is connected to baggage claim and to checkin by tunnels, so no need to go outside if the weather is bad. We had an overnight layover, so we simply collected our luggage on one of the airport luggage carts and pushed it to the hotel and left it in our room, and then just wheeled it back the next day. None of the hassle of lifting luggage into and out of a courtesy van, or trying to time departure from the hotel to make the next airport shuttle. Just leave when you're ready, and in 5 minutes max you're in line at the airline counter.

One advantage for passengers in a wheel chair, the airport people will wheel you and your luggage to the Hilton, and the Hilton will arrange to have a wheelchair pickup the next day.

Other good things about the hotel are that the rooms are decently spacious, and we didn't hear any noise from the airport or other rooms. (We followed advice from Trip Advisor not to get a room with a connecting door.) we are Hilton Honors Gold, so we were also entitled to a complimentary buffet breakfast, and the food was quite good.

The only negatives I noticed were that some of the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling (no big deal), and the bathtub was very slow to drain. I wouldn't let these things stop me from staying at the Hilton again.

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#110 of 190 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!