“Great Location, Consistent Great Service”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #115 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Hudson, Ohio
“Great Location, Consistent Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently returned for the fourth time within the last two years for quick business/personal trips, I have yet to be disappointed with the service. The location cannot be beat with a quick walk across the street to the terminal. The front desk associates are always very helpful. I would like to make a special mention about Seana Keenahan. Seana went above and beyond as I checked in to make me feel like a special and valued client. She offered assistance in every way from ensuring I was happy with the room location, to offering her advice on restaurants and things to do in the area. Seana represents the Hilton Brand very well and is an asset to your team. Please thank her for making my brief stay very enjoyable. As you walk through the hotel everyone greets you with a smile and how may they assist. We always look forward to your breakfast buffet. Keep up the good work. My only piece of advice would be to update the rooms a bit. Otherwise they were very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura G
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Laura G:

We are delighted to read your kind accolades about our hotel on Trip Advisor and in particular your mention of Seana from our front office. Seana is farely new to our hotel and is a perfect role model for the hospitality business. We're proud to have her on our team and assure you that your comments are being shared with her as well as our management team.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel for both business and personal trips. It's been our pleasure to serve you here and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

You really can't beat this location if you have an early flight out of O'Hare, or an overnight layover. The hotel is actually closer to the term an than the airport parking garage is. The hotel is connected to baggage claim and to checkin by tunnels, so no need to go outside if the weather is bad. We had an overnight layover, so we simply collected our luggage on one of the airport luggage carts and pushed it to the hotel and left it in our room, and then just wheeled it back the next day. None of the hassle of lifting luggage into and out of a courtesy van, or trying to time departure from the hotel to make the next airport shuttle. Just leave when you're ready, and in 5 minutes max you're in line at the airline counter.

One advantage for passengers in a wheel chair, the airport people will wheel you and your luggage to the Hilton, and the Hilton will arrange to have a wheelchair pickup the next day.

Other good things about the hotel are that the rooms are decently spacious, and we didn't hear any noise from the airport or other rooms. (We followed advice from Trip Advisor not to get a room with a connecting door.) we are Hilton Honors Gold, so we were also entitled to a complimentary buffet breakfast, and the food was quite good.

The only negatives I noticed were that some of the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling (no big deal), and the bathtub was very slow to drain. I wouldn't let these things stop me from staying at the Hilton again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Never in my 25 years of traveling 2-3 a month have I ever stayed a worst airport hotel. It shocks me that they are a Hilton. This airport Hilton does not have a shuttle schedule of any sort. No organization. They also only have one shuttle driver on Holidays such as Christmas/New Year Eve.... Stayed here Dec 23 to make sure we did not miss a early morning flight . I called the desk and clearly explained that we could walk but Joe insisted on offering the shuttle. When we arrive in lobby at the schedule time, he was no where to be found, we waited until he showed up loaded. Then Joe proceeded to go back into the hotel get additional guests on board. Clearly his motive is about tips and not getting us to the airport. It actually took 47 minutes to get us to terminal 3 from literally across the street from the airport. We could have walked to Terminal 3 in under five minutes. We checked our bags at curbside to save the lost time but still missed the flight after waiting through security. When we came back to the hotel Joe would not even make eye contact. So to add insult to injury we finally got out late night and then had pay for sheraton miami airport while prepaid 1000 per night for our families vacation out of the country. So you have been warned they are not a true airport hotel with shuttles to airport. We could have stay downtown and arrived at the same time. I personally appealed to the desk manager who promised to credit us back and said next time we needed to stay he would comp us a room. Both were false promises and I have never received anything or even an apology. I have called numerous time. I never heard from the GM or the desk manger Justin. They just wanted to get us out of there so the word would not go around to other guests. I gave them all of my contact information and requested the GM contact me. I'm still waiting…no credit ever issued as promised. So now I give up. They cost me a small fortune and wasted two days of my vacation. If you want all the stress of an airport in a hotel stay at the CHICAGO HILTON OHARE. It's a great hotel to stay at if you are an employee who wants to intentionally miss a flight to avoid work or business project. You won't be fired just let your employer try to contact to GM. It's a joke the GM does not care about this property or I would have gotten a reply by now.

Room Tip: If you want to miss Your Flight Stay Here. No Regular shuttle service to airport. The GM Only STAF...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FellowTraveler2007
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear FellowTraveler 2007:

We have written to you directly to further discuss your review on Trip Advisor. Your voice mail left with the Executive Office this morning was our first notification of the incident that you mentioned. I tried to phone you back today at the number provided and left a message and thus far, have not received a return call. In the meantime, we have researched this with our Front Office and Guest Services and found that several attempts were made by our Front Office Manager to reach you on the day of the incident in December, however, she did not receive any calls back until you phoned us again last night and this morning. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you that morning but again, have researched this with our team involved and would like to discuss this further with you. I have left my direct contact information in my private message to you through Trip Advisor as well as in my voice mail left earlier today at the number you provided. We look forward to talking with you.

Thank you.

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice at the beginning and end of our holiday. Location is clearly great and you can get rooms for around $100 + tax. But the rooms are small, the bathrooms very small, but the beds are smallest of all. The so called queen size beds are definitely not queen size. My wife and I bumped each other all night.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mutiny:

Thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We apologize for any discomfort caused to you due to the size of your guestroom and size of the beds. Our double/doubles are double sized beds and not queens. We do not advertise anywhere that we have queen size beds in our double/doubles. We are sorry for your disappointment.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us at the beginning and end of your holiday and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Miami, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you need to be in the airport, this is the place. Otherwise, go off grounds to a Marriott Courtyard for more quality for money. There is no free internet in the rooms; shame on high-end hotels for this cheap way to get more money from their customers. Mid-range hotels do better. The menu was fine, but the same in every Hilton so one night is enough to explore it. Location is what this somewhat worn hotel offers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Patricia C:

We thank you for your feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor which we are sharing with our management team.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here to avoid traffic for an early morning flight. We checked in at 11pm and checked out at 5am. Walking through the pedway to O'hare airport was convenient and quick. It's not the best Hilton I have visited but no complaints. It's clean and unbelievably quiet considering it's location to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Turbostang
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Turbostang:

Thank you for the comments you shared about us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and hope that you will return again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We love this hotel when leaving the next day. The staff is always great, they brought up our 8 bags with a smile, helped us get a cab to a local restaurant and were always friendly. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar which is nice. The hotel is dates on the inside (both rooms and decor) so it could use a facelift but as long as it isn't a dump, I think it will always be where we stay given the location.

The location is across from Terminal 2 but a quick 5min walk to 1 & 3 or a train to Terminal 5. I highly recommend it also as the price is usually not much more than other nearby hotels that require a shuttle and an extra 30-45min.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shelliu
Dear Shelliu:

Thank you very much for your review and high ratings of our hotel which you shared on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is appreciated, and we're encouraged to know that we are your choice hotel when you have a flight the following day out of O'Hare. We value your loyalty and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Executive Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
#14 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!