THE SHORT: Great hotel for one night stay. The room was clean.The rate was great. Location was so Convenient. I almost didn't hear ANY of the airport traffic noise (aside from the occasional horn honk which went away about 10pm). The beds are either Kings, or doubles, would have been nice to have queens for the level of this hotel. Something to keep in mind if you have 4 people in a room. Only issues were that there was no shampoo in the bathroom (soap and conditioner yes, shampoo no) and that Room service took 1 hour to deliver cereal and pastries at 12am. What you pay for in higher parking rates you make up for in convenience.
THE LONG: I checked into the Hotel on March 17th. My mother had a late flight into Chicago (11:15pm) and we didn't want to drive the 3 hours back home to Michigan.
The parking for the hotel was confusing. There were signs at the airport for the Hotel, but once I reached the hotel itself there were no spaces for parking near the front door as they were all full. There was no signage on "overflow" parking or additional parking. I was able to get parking in the short term parking ramp for $35 a night. It is really only a short walk from the ramp to the hotel so I wasn't too concerned.
My check in process was great! The front desk had only a minimal wait at 7pm. All of my room requests were re-stated by the front desk agent and all of them were honored. My mother has some difficulty walking so we requested a room close to the elevator and had the FIRST room next to the elevator. I was worried about this room being close to the elevator and having additional noise but it was very quiet in the room.
The hotel is located VERY close to Terminal 2 and Terminals 1 and 3 are only a short walk. All are connected by underground tunnels. It took me 8 minutes to walk from my room to Terminal 3 to fetch my mother.
We ordered room service at 12am once I retrieved my mother. It took them an hour to deliver just cereal and toast. Room service did apologize and stated that they had more orders than anticipated that night.
Check out in the morning was quick. All we had to do was return the mini bar key.
I would stay here again if I had an early or late flight out of O'Hare for sure! The extra money for parking was WELL WORTH the convenience.
Message me if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport offers unparalleled convenience to savvy travelers in a quiet, no fly-zone. We are within walking distance to all domestic terminals via underground walkways and the Blue-line train to downtown Chicago. After your flight, swim some laps in the indoor swimming pool. Dine on the finest steaks, seafood and drinks, catch the game at our friendly sports bar or grab something quick at Caffé Mercato. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Chicago o`Hare Airport Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Chicago Ohare Airport Hotel
- Chicago Hilton