“One Night-Post Flight”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #119 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 22, 2014

THE SHORT: Great hotel for one night stay. The room was clean.The rate was great. Location was so Convenient. I almost didn't hear ANY of the airport traffic noise (aside from the occasional horn honk which went away about 10pm). The beds are either Kings, or doubles, would have been nice to have queens for the level of this hotel. Something to keep in mind if you have 4 people in a room. Only issues were that there was no shampoo in the bathroom (soap and conditioner yes, shampoo no) and that Room service took 1 hour to deliver cereal and pastries at 12am. What you pay for in higher parking rates you make up for in convenience.

THE LONG: I checked into the Hotel on March 17th. My mother had a late flight into Chicago (11:15pm) and we didn't want to drive the 3 hours back home to Michigan.

The parking for the hotel was confusing. There were signs at the airport for the Hotel, but once I reached the hotel itself there were no spaces for parking near the front door as they were all full. There was no signage on "overflow" parking or additional parking. I was able to get parking in the short term parking ramp for $35 a night. It is really only a short walk from the ramp to the hotel so I wasn't too concerned.

My check in process was great! The front desk had only a minimal wait at 7pm. All of my room requests were re-stated by the front desk agent and all of them were honored. My mother has some difficulty walking so we requested a room close to the elevator and had the FIRST room next to the elevator. I was worried about this room being close to the elevator and having additional noise but it was very quiet in the room.

The hotel is located VERY close to Terminal 2 and Terminals 1 and 3 are only a short walk. All are connected by underground tunnels. It took me 8 minutes to walk from my room to Terminal 3 to fetch my mother.

We ordered room service at 12am once I retrieved my mother. It took them an hour to deliver just cereal and toast. Room service did apologize and stated that they had more orders than anticipated that night.

Check out in the morning was quick. All we had to do was return the mini bar key.

I would stay here again if I had an early or late flight out of O'Hare for sure! The extra money for parking was WELL WORTH the convenience.

Message me if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Room Tip: If you like to watch planes take off ask for a runway view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Nkkilala:

We appreciate seeing all your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor, both positive and negative, as this helps us know where our shortcomings are and where we are doing things right. We are very sorry that you had no shampoo in your guestroom bathroom as that should have been supplied there. Housekeeping would have delivered it to you if requested. We also apologize for the delay in receiving your room service order. We have a limited staff over the midnight shift and there are occasions when we can receive many passengers at once from cancelled flights at a late hour that may want to order late night food and we can get behind. We do make every attempt to expedite the orders in those situations. We also feel badly for any inconvenience and confusion you experienced with parking. We have limited valet parking spaces in front of the hotel and once full, the parking attendant will be able to direct guests to alternate O'Hare parking lots. We are sorry if the attendant was not visible when you drove up. We are happy to know, however, that you were pleased overall with the hotel location and service extended by our front office team.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at this location in mid-March for a night with an early morning flight out of O'Hare. The location is great and the rooms are typical compared to other Hilton Hotel properties. As a gold HHonors member I was surprised 1x associate was supporting the HHonors check-in queue while 3x associates supporting an equally long line for general check-in.
Given the location and overall large hotel size I am somewhat disappointed that this location does NOT have a Gold or Diamond members executive lounge. Also as a Gold member for morning breakfast we were given a coupon for 1 breakfast item (donut, cookie, other pastry) and 1 beverage at the cafe instead of typically a Continental breakfast at other Hilton properties. Good exterior sound proofing given close proximity to the runways however room to room sound proofing is somewhat lacking as I was able to hear voice from next room in the early hrs (4am).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Niyant P:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in. Although we do have a designated HHonors check in line, the other agents can also assist with taking some guests from that line and checking them in. Your comments in this regard are being shared with our Front Office management team as we strive to make every effort to expedite the check in process as much as possible.

This hotel has never had a separate HHonors Lounge. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you with regards to the complimentary breakfast coupon extended to HHonors Diamond and Gold members redeemable at our Caffe Mercato and will again, share this with our management team.

We appreciate your feedback about the noise level between guestrooms. At this time, we are looking at better insulation options for those guestrooms with a connecting door.

We value your loyalty to Hilton we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is very nice and the location for O'hare Chicago airport can not be beat. Because hotels are now catering to pets with our allergies we paid the little extra for a non allergenic room, which was very clean and nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Grmafran:

Thanks so much for your high ratings and nice comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad you were able to enjoy one of our allergy friendly rooms, and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Was on leave for the military, stayed there. Received the best service imaginable- they respect the military and all we stand for. These people are fine Americans. The staff was very professional and respectable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Greg H:

We appreciate the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It was an honor to serve you here, and we give our deepest thanks and gratitude to you for all that you've done for our country. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is my "go to" hotel when I am stranded at O'Hare or if I have an early international flight in the morning. Service is always excellent and predicable. Who needs bad surprises on the road?

Prior to checking in, I noticed that I had been upgraded to a junior suite. Upon seeing my favorite Front Desk clerk Alex, he mentioned that he saw my name on the guest check-in list and pre-assigned me to an upgraded room. Thank you, Alex!

I had dinner and drinks at Andiamo - good service and food, but expensive. I usually look forward to breakfast at Andiamo before a long flight, but there are no more complimentary full breakfast coupons for HHonors elite members. We now get a drink, plus a food item, at the coffee counter Mercatto. What a let down! Apparently, HHonors has implemented this new policy at eight of its hotels on a trial basis - with the intention of expanding this policy across all properties.

HHonors members need to let Blackstone Corp. know that a full breakfast is one of the nicest HHonors perks and that its latest policy is not welcome.

One more minor point - On two occasions at this hotel, I was billed for missing items in the mini-bar that I never consumed. As a HHonor member, I am entitled to two free bottles of water from the mini-bar and that is the only thing that I take. To avoid being charged for other items, this time I purposely did not even break the seal of the mini-bar and opted to forgo my free water. Perhaps management could consider offering two bottles of water at check-in so that I won't have to give up my free water from the mini-bar.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bamboola

Dear bamboola:

We appreciate your recent feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by obtaining your two complimentary waters from the mini bar as well as the breakfast coupon now redeemable at Caffe Mercato. Your comments are being shared with our management team as we continually are monitoring our procedures and making improvements to better serve our guests. We are actually looking in a change in how the HHonors guests can obtain their complimentary bottled waters without having to enter the mini bar. Your comments will be taken into consideration.

We value your continued loyalty to our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I frequently stay here for business. It seems some rooms are much nicer than others. All are clean and functional. Some are basic. Some are downright nice. The fitness facility is lovely. The room service pizza was the best I have ever had via room service, admittedly a low bar. Hilton honors members get free water and fitness access, but when I told them what I really wanted was free wifi, they did that for me. Kudos. They could let this place slide, as the convenience is so great that people would stay there anyway. They do not. Kudos for that too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear CWR01:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate seeing your comments and are glad to know that you have stayed with us before. We look forward to serving you again on your return visits.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is right across the street from the airport making it convenient for conferences. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. The service was excellent--friendly, helpful, and kind. The conference facility was adequate and the food was pretty good!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Melissa K:

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate knowing we have earned your high ratings in all areas from your accommodations, meeting facilities, food and service.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Executive Office

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#139 of 191 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!