I've stayed in a lot of Hiltons and am a Hilton Hhonors member. When we had an overnight layover on our recent trip to the Carribean with two small children we decided to pay a little extra and stay in this Hilton for the convenience of not having to leave the airport. I have to say though this property does not live up to the Hilton name and if I weren't traveling with 2 small kids and 2 car seats I definitely wouldn't pay the premium to stay here rather than a short shuttle ride to a cheaper but nicer hotel right near the airport.
You can't beat the convenience of not having to leave the terminal. It was about a 5 minute walk from B (part of terminal 1) where we arrived on our United flight and we were able to push our luggage cart we got in baggage claim all the way up to our room and then keep it there and use it again the next day on the way back to check-in. Can't beat that.
We arrived in the midst of a snowstorm so the line of stranded travelers looking for rooms was out the door. Thankfully we had Hilton Hhonors or we would have been in line for probably an hour. As it was the Hhonors desk line was only about 15 minutes or so and they seemed to move people through relatively efficiently. We were very surprised that they didn't have a separate line for those with existing reservations as it seems crazy for those with booked rooms to have to be caught in the mob of people searching for a room. But we were pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of the process so we forgave them that inconvenience.
We were quite disappointed to find though that the room had only 2 double beds. No queen beds in the hotel apparently. It seems like at that price point we shouldn't have to cram 2 of us into a double bed.
The bedding was fine for a cheap hotel (which this is not) though below average for a Hilton with not very comfortable pillows. The bathroom was dirty with a moldy shower curtain and old tub that I wasn't all that excited about letting my kids bathe in.
We did get a slightly better rate by getting an unpublished rate through getaroom.com which made it slightly more reasonable though still almost double what the neighboring hotels that you need to take a quick airport shuttle to would have been.
Traveling with kids who come with car seats and luggage etc I'd probably stay here for the sheer convenience again but with older kids or on my own without kids I'd definitely go with a nicer and far cheaper nearby hotel that is just a quick shuttle ride away and probably includes free breakfast and internet and fitness center as well (none of which this hotel offers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport offers unparalleled convenience to savvy travelers in a quiet, no fly-zone. We are within walking distance to all domestic terminals via underground walkways and the Blue-line train to downtown Chicago. After your flight, swim some laps in the indoor swimming pool. Dine on the finest steaks, seafood and drinks, catch the game at our friendly sports bar or grab something quick at Caffé Mercato. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Chicago o`Hare Airport Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Chicago Ohare Airport Hotel
- Chicago Hilton