Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #125 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've stayed in a lot of Hiltons and am a Hilton Hhonors member. When we had an overnight layover on our recent trip to the Carribean with two small children we decided to pay a little extra and stay in this Hilton for the convenience of not having to leave the airport. I have to say though this property does not live up to the Hilton name and if I weren't traveling with 2 small kids and 2 car seats I definitely wouldn't pay the premium to stay here rather than a short shuttle ride to a cheaper but nicer hotel right near the airport.

You can't beat the convenience of not having to leave the terminal. It was about a 5 minute walk from B (part of terminal 1) where we arrived on our United flight and we were able to push our luggage cart we got in baggage claim all the way up to our room and then keep it there and use it again the next day on the way back to check-in. Can't beat that.

We arrived in the midst of a snowstorm so the line of stranded travelers looking for rooms was out the door. Thankfully we had Hilton Hhonors or we would have been in line for probably an hour. As it was the Hhonors desk line was only about 15 minutes or so and they seemed to move people through relatively efficiently. We were very surprised that they didn't have a separate line for those with existing reservations as it seems crazy for those with booked rooms to have to be caught in the mob of people searching for a room. But we were pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of the process so we forgave them that inconvenience.

We were quite disappointed to find though that the room had only 2 double beds. No queen beds in the hotel apparently. It seems like at that price point we shouldn't have to cram 2 of us into a double bed.

The bedding was fine for a cheap hotel (which this is not) though below average for a Hilton with not very comfortable pillows. The bathroom was dirty with a moldy shower curtain and old tub that I wasn't all that excited about letting my kids bathe in.

We did get a slightly better rate by getting an unpublished rate through getaroom.com which made it slightly more reasonable though still almost double what the neighboring hotels that you need to take a quick airport shuttle to would have been.

Traveling with kids who come with car seats and luggage etc I'd probably stay here for the sheer convenience again but with older kids or on my own without kids I'd definitely go with a nicer and far cheaper nearby hotel that is just a quick shuttle ride away and probably includes free breakfast and internet and fitness center as well (none of which this hotel offers).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Samantha R:

We appreciate reading the feedback you provided about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the convenience our unique location provides to the airport, however, be assured that we do strive to maintain Hilton standards in our product and cleanliness as well as service. Your comments are being shared with our management team so that immediate action is taken for improvements where feasible.

We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and offer a more positive experience in the future.

Executive Office

Write a ReviewReviews (3,434)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Due to the nature of my job I stay at hotels throughout the world. The check in staff, actually all staff at this hotel are amazing and friendly. The fitness facility is top notch albeit expensive if you are not a silver hilton honors member or higher. Rooms are comfortable, although I have noticed them being quite cold this winter. I have used the extra blanket that is provided in the closet on serveral occasions. I will continue to stay here for business becuase you cannot beat the convenience to O'hare. About what you would expect from a Hilton property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear alaska1996:

We appreciate the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're proud of our team who work hard to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and we are encouraged that you have noticed. We value your loyalty and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again on your future stays.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have stayed at numerous Hilton properties in the past, including this Hilton. I am a Hilton Gold / HGVC Elite Member. The staff is excellent however, it is downhill from there. The room I was assigned was clean. As I was traveling with my family I preferred two queens. The property only has double beds. The mattress and box springs are as bad or worse than what can be found in the transient tents, Baghram Airfield, Afghanistan. To be fair, convenience to the Airport is a plus.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Johndfulk:

We appreciate the feedback which you provided about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service provided by our team. However, we are sorry if we fell short of your expectations with your accommodations and for not being able to offer you two queen beds. Be assured that your comments are being shared with our management team.

We value your loyalty to Hilton Hotels, and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I don't really expect value at any airport hotel. But I do expect clean, bright rooms with at least average space. In this regard, the O'Hare Hilton disappoints. The room was marginally acceptable, with paper thin walls. Worse, I was given an upgraded room from the originally booked deluxe room. I would hate to stay in an average room.
The bed linens looked old, albeit clean. The bathroom was very small, and the shower curtain and fixtures needed replacement.
Room service was expensive and awful. After a plus one-hour wait for a hamburger, it came burnt and with a awful smell. Fortunately, the food bill was comp'ed by the room service manager.
On the plus side, the lobby staff was very courteous and helpful.
If there were other options at O'Hare, I'd say try something else. But this seems to be the only choice.

Room Tip: Given the appearance of the upgraded room, I would not settle for less.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry L

Dear Jerry L:

We are disappointed to read the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor and sincerely apologize if we fell short of your exepctations. We strive to maintain Hilton standards in our product and service and feel badly that this was not reflected in your experience here. Your comments are being shared with our management team so that the necessary corrective measures can be taken where feasible.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We only had a weekend in Chicago and wanted a hotel close to the airport for an early flight. You really never have to leave the airport to get to and from this hotel. Extremely nice staff, comfortable rooms and a location that can't be beat

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently situated almost inside the Chicago O´Hare airport. The lobby is very nice and the rooms are comfortable. It was easy to park and find the car rental company. This is the place if you have an early flight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I always like the convenience of hotels that are inside the airport like this one. It was a little bit of a walk from the United baggage claim but its worth it to be at the airport if you have an early morning flight the next day. Room was comfortable. However when it is really cold you can feel it if you stand near the window in the morning. Keep the curtains closed to prevent a draft and turn up the heat. That is what we did. Check in was efficient and we were able to print our boarding passes in the lobby. One thing I noticed that I did not on my prior stay, there were two panhandlers in the lobby area and one at the entrance. So I think hotel security should be a little more active in these areas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear G702TT:

Thank you for the comments you provided about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay. The safety and security of our guests is extremely important to us and our security officers diligently do routine patrol walk throughs of our public areas throughout the day and evening. We also have security cameras throughout the hotel which are monitored by our Security dispatch office 24/7. Our Security team had already been notified of your comments the day they were posted and have taken appropriate action.

We certainly appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Executive Office

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#115 of 192 in Chicago
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#141 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!