“excellent location for airport travel”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #126 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 10, 2013

this is an excellent location when departing or arriving during airport travel. for me, the united terminal was across the street from the hotel entrance; i had a 5 minute walk to the united ticket counter. .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,516)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had to stay here for a night after my first flight was delayed which made me miss my connection at O'Hare.

It's an absolute huge place right by the airport. It took me about 7 minutes to walk to terminal 3. For the short time I was there I thought it was an Ok hotel. The room was clean, shower wasn't very good, air con took ages to kick in, but I had a good night of sleep. Also, the hotel bar was absolutely buzzing and had a great atmosphere.

All in all pretty decent airport hotel.

1  Thank elephunt
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Convenience is the hotel's prime selling point.

I was initially pressured to take a $10 upsell to a king bed room at check-in and threatened with being put in a room that wrapped around the elevator shaft if I didn't take up this offer. I politely resisted and wound up in a room that had two double beds, but was away from the elevator, and quiet.

The room was ok, but aside from the convenience there's not much to recommend the hotel. I had a very mediocre and overpriced dinner in their restaurant - which I'll review separately.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The O'Hare Hilton is perfectly fine for business travel and you can't beat the convenience if your flying out the next day. The king room was nothing special but good for what it is. This review is mostly about the staff. I, like hundreds of fellow travelers was stranded in the Airport because of weather. The line at the counter was deep and everyone was cranky. As I waited in line I watched the check in staff handle everyone as kindly and courteously as they could. Even some who didn't deserve it. When it was finally my turn I was greeted as if I was the first guest of the day. I breezed through check in and was right up to the room. I was very appreciative of the efficiency and the attitude the staff maintained and thought it was worth mentioning.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear travelingcoroner:

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We service many meetings here and house many business travelers. However, with our location on airport grounds, we can also get many distressed passengers sent over by the airlines such as yourself, and we can empathize with how frustrating flight interruptions can be. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable upon their arrival here and are encouraged to see that you noticed! We share all Trip Advisor posts with our management team and comments are passed on to our respective team members.

We appreciate your comments and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Picture it - 27 degrees out and I got to the airport without having to put on a heavy coat. Because I stayed AT the airport. Yup. I'm THAT guy. I was in Chicago for ONE meeting, and needed to be out the following morning. This place rocks.

Seriously - it's a super convenient location, and while a little bit of a walk from some terminals, for sure, it's the only thing physically attached to the airport. The rooms are a little on the small side, but definitely workable. Internet was good, rooms were clean, and the food in the bar was decent - and reasonably priced at that!

Overall, if you find a rate you're willing to pay for this property (they vary widely), it's definitely got the convenience factor down pat.

Dear PHXJeremy:

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that our location, accommodations, restaurants and service all met with your satisfaction. It was our pleasure to serve you here and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here the night before our trip to Jamaica. It was a $99.00 plus tax special, so was reasonable & convenient. We slept fine & were awakened b the correct wake up call. The room was comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

don't stay here the noise is unbearable you will not get any sleep. I'm sure the staff are friendly but I arrived late on a business trip and they did not appear to care and were rude. the amenities in the room did not work. overall the experience was a pain and I would recommend going elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Laura B:

We are very disappointed to read your review about your stay here on Trip Advisor. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. I will write to you directly to obtain further details, that could help us in taking corrective action where feasible. What you experienced is certainly not typical of the standards we have in place both in the product we offer and in our service, and we are very sorry.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and serve you in the manner you would expect from a Hilton hotel.

Executive Office

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!