“Convenient, clean, above average airport hotel”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #126 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I go to Chicago frequently. This Hotel located at ORD (O'Hare) is super convenient if you want to be near the airport for whatever reason. It is very conveinient, clean, comfortable, and secure. Definitelty one of the better airport connected hotels I have been at.

1  Thank Bob O
Write a ReviewReviews (3,516)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had problems with a flight connection and had an unexpected stay in Chicago overnight. Check in was a problem - a very long line of people but only 2 clerks. And the room price was outrageous - about $300 a night for a basic motel room. But if you have to stay at or near the airport, this is your only choice.

We were hungry and the check-in clerk told us that the sports bar would be serving food until midnight - this place was a joke. The food menu was very limited and way overpriced. Our $17 hamburgers were terrible and the waitress tended to ignore us when she discovered we weren't there to buy round after round of overpriced drinks.

Our room was a basic motel room but had very comfortable beds. The bathroom was small, in need of renovation, and did not have an exhaust fan resulting in a fogged up mirror after showering. The brew-your-own Starbucks coffee was a nice touch. This is one of the few hotels I've seen that charges to use in-room wifi. The worst thing about the room was it was very noisy - we could hear the people talking in the room next to us and a baby cried all night in the room on the other side.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear kjtrdgfb:

Thank you for all the comments you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. What you experienced was certainly not typical of the high standards in product and service that we strive to maintain here and we are very sorry for falling short of your expectations and for any discomfort caused to you. Be assured that your comments are being shared with our appropriate management team so that the necessary corrective action can be taken.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and serve you better in the future.

Anna Falco
Executive Office

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel made for the over night stop in Chicago so easy! Right in the airport yet quiet and all the luxury of a great hotel. Enjoyed the health club and the restaurants. Can walk to and from the gate areas of United Airlines..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank DancingEagleRanch
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I must commute to Chicago, from Cleveland, to work my Flight attendant job. This Hotel being located At ORD. (O'Hare) allows me to fly-in the night before an early morning assignment, and get a good night's sleep, requiring a quick walk to work the next am. Very conveinient, secure, comfortable, and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kimberly I
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The perfect place to recharge and relax during an overnight layover. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. They should make the fitness room 24 hours to better accommodate the odd hours of travelers.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ScottHarrison54
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed in hotel on Oct 25th and the main reason is due to the uncomfortable room I was in and their gouging prices and the way they add a 4% admin fee and 18% gratuity they automatically add to anything your order there. I usually tip 20% but when ones start adding that automatically then i don't tip anymore.

Below are my pros and cons about this hotel as I booked to types of rooms, 1 for me which was the allergy free room and 2 Double Bedroom. They were on the east side of the hotel.

PROS
Decor was nice
Clean
Had 2 phones in room, one by bed and other by desk

CONS
1) They do not keep necessary food in stock- Friends flight came in late and I called and ordered pizza for them around 10:25pm and lady took my order but then calls back 7 min later saying they do not have any more pizza which is disappointing and very annoying as you'd think she would know what they have before even taking the order.
2) In the allergy free room I was in they had French-Doors in the room for the windows which is nice but the window is very very very drafty. I had to keep heat near 80 all night to keep warm.
3) With the Allergy free room I could hear everything in the hallway and outside(wind, cars honking ambulance and etc.) which was weird because the regular 2 bedroom my friends stayed in at the hotel was more silent and warm. I paid more for the allergy free room to be uncomfortable which shouldn't be like that.
4)Very very very gouging prices when it comes to ordering food. $30 bucks to get a burger.
5) Other restaurants will not deliver to this hotel.
6) over-charged on one of my bills and have disputed it by leaving accounting a voice message.

Very disappointed in the non-relaxation in the room I stayed and paid more for it. My experience was not good here.

I will definitely never come back to the Hilton at Ohare as it was my birthday this weekend and their room and service did not make it a special start off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cookiesncream76
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear cookiesncream76:

We appreciate both your positive and negative feedback which you provided on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the poor impression you received and we assure you that your comments are being shared with the appropriate members of our management so that immediate corrective action can be taken for improvement.

In Room Service, we do switch over to a limited late night menu which just recently was changed from 11PM to 10PM since our main kitchen starts to shut down. We are very sorry that the pizza from our regular menu was not available as of 10:25PM, and again, your comments are being shared with our Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef.

We feel badly that we let you down and that you did not experience the comfort and satisfaction that you would expect. Your feedback is very important to us and we do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to reinstate our services to you in the future.

Anna Falco
Executive Office

Reviewed October 27, 2013

By far the best place to stay at O'Hare if you have an early flight. Drop the rental car the night before, check-in and you are literally 5 minutes from security via the underground tunnel to the terminals. As a Hilton Gold elite member, I was upgraded to a beautiful corner suite with views of the entire airport. Front desk staff were efficient and friendly. Too bad I couldn't take advantage of the free breakfast in the morning, but wi-fi was also free for me. It's my "go-to" choice whenever I have to fly out early from O'Hare!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!