“Great and Convenient”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #120 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel made for the over night stop in Chicago so easy! Right in the airport yet quiet and all the luxury of a great hotel. Enjoyed the health club and the restaurants. Can walk to and from the gate areas of United Airlines..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank DancingEagleRanch

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I must commute to Chicago, from Cleveland, to work my Flight attendant job. This Hotel being located At ORD. (O'Hare) allows me to fly-in the night before an early morning assignment, and get a good night's sleep, requiring a quick walk to work the next am. Very conveinient, secure, comfortable, and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kimberly I
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The perfect place to recharge and relax during an overnight layover. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. They should make the fitness room 24 hours to better accommodate the odd hours of travelers.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ScottHarrison54
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed in hotel on Oct 25th and the main reason is due to the uncomfortable room I was in and their gouging prices and the way they add a 4% admin fee and 18% gratuity they automatically add to anything your order there. I usually tip 20% but when ones start adding that automatically then i don't tip anymore.

Below are my pros and cons about this hotel as I booked to types of rooms, 1 for me which was the allergy free room and 2 Double Bedroom. They were on the east side of the hotel.

PROS
Decor was nice
Clean
Had 2 phones in room, one by bed and other by desk

CONS
1) They do not keep necessary food in stock- Friends flight came in late and I called and ordered pizza for them around 10:25pm and lady took my order but then calls back 7 min later saying they do not have any more pizza which is disappointing and very annoying as you'd think she would know what they have before even taking the order.
2) In the allergy free room I was in they had French-Doors in the room for the windows which is nice but the window is very very very drafty. I had to keep heat near 80 all night to keep warm.
3) With the Allergy free room I could hear everything in the hallway and outside(wind, cars honking ambulance and etc.) which was weird because the regular 2 bedroom my friends stayed in at the hotel was more silent and warm. I paid more for the allergy free room to be uncomfortable which shouldn't be like that.
4)Very very very gouging prices when it comes to ordering food. $30 bucks to get a burger.
5) Other restaurants will not deliver to this hotel.
6) over-charged on one of my bills and have disputed it by leaving accounting a voice message.

Very disappointed in the non-relaxation in the room I stayed and paid more for it. My experience was not good here.

I will definitely never come back to the Hilton at Ohare as it was my birthday this weekend and their room and service did not make it a special start off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cookiesncream76
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear cookiesncream76:

We appreciate both your positive and negative feedback which you provided on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the poor impression you received and we assure you that your comments are being shared with the appropriate members of our management so that immediate corrective action can be taken for improvement.

In Room Service, we do switch over to a limited late night menu which just recently was changed from 11PM to 10PM since our main kitchen starts to shut down. We are very sorry that the pizza from our regular menu was not available as of 10:25PM, and again, your comments are being shared with our Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef.

We feel badly that we let you down and that you did not experience the comfort and satisfaction that you would expect. Your feedback is very important to us and we do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to reinstate our services to you in the future.

Anna Falco
Executive Office

Reviewed October 27, 2013

By far the best place to stay at O'Hare if you have an early flight. Drop the rental car the night before, check-in and you are literally 5 minutes from security via the underground tunnel to the terminals. As a Hilton Gold elite member, I was upgraded to a beautiful corner suite with views of the entire airport. Front desk staff were efficient and friendly. Too bad I couldn't take advantage of the free breakfast in the morning, but wi-fi was also free for me. It's my "go-to" choice whenever I have to fly out early from O'Hare!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The whole point of spending the night at this hotel was to get a good night's sleep, and have a leisurely breakfast before boarding a long international flight. At first glance, the hotel seemed great, a short walk from the domestic terminal after our late-night arrival. The problems began when we tried to enter our room. Our keycard holder was clearly marked 5108, but the keycard wasn't accepted. We tried and tried, and finally decided to go all the way back to the lobby to get a keycard that worked.

Then suddenly the door to the room opened from the inside, and a very nice, sleepy European man suggested we might have the wrong room. We were horrified, and showed him our keycard holder, with his room number on it, and apologized profusely. On a whim, my husband decided to try the room next door, 5110. Our keycard was accepted, and the room was vacant. We went inside, and I immediately called the asst. manager hotline to ask if we were indeed in the right room, or whether the real guest was going to enter into the room later. And it turned out to be the right room.

By this point, we were quite tired, and turned in. And noticed for the first time the noises of jets taking off and landing, loudly. And airport shuttles running by. We've stayed at the LAX Hilton and had no problem at all with noise. Not the case this time. I was awakened constantly during the night, and finally got up at 6:00 AM, exhausted. I'm at the airport now, awaiting my flight, feeling like hell. Thanks, Hilton! At least I have 22 hours to catch up on my sleep!

Room Tip: Don't face Terminals 1&2...or actually, just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear tripartist:

We are very disappointed to read the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We assure you that what you experienced was certainly not a typical occurrence here as we take the privacy and security of our guests very seriously. I will write to you separately to obtain more details to help us better research how this happened and take the necessary corrective action to avoid such a re-occurrence. We also apologize for any discomfort caused by the noise you experienced from the outside. Our windows are sound proof and our building is in a no-fly zone so planes never come over us in take off or landing. We are sorry, however, if you were still able to hear any elevated noise from airport activity.

Your comments are being shared with our management team. We are confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Anna Falco
Executive Office

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Directly across the street from the main terminals at O'Hare, the Hilton is easily accessible from Terminal 2 baggage claim or the bus/CTA transit station.

Stayed here one night prior to a flight back home to Atlanta and enjoyed a great Tuscan-inspired meal at Adiamo's--the on-property restaurant. A bit pricey (especially the cocktails), but overall worth it. Followed that the next morning with the breakfast buffet (included for Gold/Diamond HHonors members.)

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was average size, but comfortable. However, one little niggle--if you need to plug in various chargers or power cords (like most business travelers)...the outlets mounted on either side of the desk lamp don't have sufficient clearance between the plugs and the lamp post....so you can't make a connection. Found myself crawling around beneath the desk to find and use wall-mounted outlets. Unusual for Hilton--generally an excellent hotel for business amenities.

All in all--if you're traveling out/into O'Hare....you can't beat the location or the rates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#111 of 192 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
#15 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!