“Flatscreen TV =D”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #127 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I am a semi-budget traveller so you know where I am coming from.

Hotel room summary: quality tv, quality toiletries, comfy bed... expensive room service...

Pretty well maintained hotel. It has an LCD flatscreen TV! =D Well.. I rarely stay at 4 star so maybe thats a norm for that rating... but its my first seeing a flatscreen TV... okok nvm this...

Because it is located at the airport, park at the Long Term Lot $9/day and take the airport transit to the hotel instead of valet $45/day.. The CTA is located right underneath the hotel too so you can take that to downtown... be warned that the travel time will take 2 hrs roughly..

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjlee85
Write a ReviewReviews (3,478)

Reviewed June 16, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton O'hare Airport from June 8th to the 11th on a recent trip to Chicago. We paid $89 per night through Hotwire and $45 per night to valet our car. This was a cheap alternative to staying downtown where rooms can range from $300 to $400 a night. On the first night we took advantage of our location that was only 15 minutes away from the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. We walked around the mall and enjoyed dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The next morning we drove the 35 minutes downtown and visited the Shedd Aquarium and the Magnificent Mile. We ate at Bubba Gump's and Lou Malinati's (deep dish pizza). Tip: we left our car at the aquarium because parking was only $15. That evening we enjoyed th pool and hot tub at the hotel. The next day we went to the Science and Industry Museum and Millenium park. We ate at Webber Grill which was very good. Overall I would recommend staying at the Hilton O'hare if you don't mind the drive into town.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2008

The Hotel staff and property is excellent, the room is above the Hilton standard and if you ask for a view on the Airport, it's a great bonus for you airplane fanatics.

The only negative point is the lobby sports bar on the main floor.

Service is poor, food is either to hot or to cold and way to expensive.

I have had a few drinks in the past stay at this hotel and every time the glasses are not clean or baddly rinsed.

Other than that it's a great hotel if you are in transit in Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2008

After my flight was canceled, AA put me up at this Hilton property. I am typically wary of airport hotels, but this Hilton had a very good room product. The overall experience was just fine, but the room was super comfortable, relaxing, well decorated and appointed.

PRAISE: the room was phenomenal. The bed was super comfortable, they have this awesome black leather reclining chair that is very relaxing, and the bathroom amenities are very nice.

CONS: check-in was somewhat slow, even at midnight when I was checking in - there were 3 of us in line and I waited about 15 minutes before being checked in - not a huge deal, but seems like an easy thing to fix. The bathroom was fairly small in size.

ODD: the bellhop and some fancy car driver were talking in the lobby and got me to spend $20 for his sedan car service to a terrible restaurant about 5 minutes away...because "it was the only option". Turns out not to be true and I was sort of upset by this and didn't want to call that driver to take me back after dinner - but there were no cabs available either. I walked into the Sheraton that was nearby to ask if they could call me a cab - instead, they very graciously just took me back to the Hilton in their own shuttle - I gave the driver a $10 tip for his kindness.

OVERALL: excellent room and pretty good overall experience. I would recommend it if the price is right.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I got an unbeatable rate of $90 from Priceline. Had an early morning flight out of O'Hare so stayed here the night before and you just can't beat the convenience. No shuttle bus to catch - just take the elevator down and you are right there between terminals at O'Hare.

Comfy bed, and probably the softest, fluffiest hotel towels I've had in a long time.

My biggest complaint: VERY expensive internet access. I can understand them wanting to prevent non-guests from using it, but they should provide a code for guests for discount or free wi-fi.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2008

After a long day of flying, we were greeted at the front desk with annoyance that we had interrupted the conversation. As the adage says, you only get one chance to make a first impression...

As we were (reluctantly) checked in, another customer came up and asked about the rate for the evening. When he was told a rack rate $25 cheaper than our reservation rate, I asked if I could have that rate instead... again, with reluctance, the clerk agreed. Geez!!!!

If you are a HHONORS Diamond, you get the cold items only on the breakfast buffet and a completely uninspired (and loud) room. Guess they get so many folks as a captive audience, they don't actually have to TRY to please you.

The ONLY reason I would stay here again is if I were stranded and there were no options off airport.

Convenient? Sure... but then again, so are the dozens of hotels surrounding the airport that have shuttle busses - even though I am a HHONORS Diamond...

Never again....

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
5  Thank bisbohemian
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We booked this hotel because we got a
great deal through Priceline. Well, it was a great deal until we learned when we arrived at the hotel that it was an extra $30 - $45 per day for parking (depending if we wanted to use the Airport ramp or Valet). I swallowed that pill, checked-in & got up to our room. The room was nice enough, newer decor, fairly clean, but it was 79 degrees. After an attempt to adjust the thermostat I called down the to desk. Apparently they were still on winter heat & not on summer A/C yet, so our only option was to open a window, on the 7th floor, with a very mobile 2 year old daughter, and no screens on the floor level window. At that point we knew we couldn't stay. Everyone was very polite & we were refunded. Also not in walking distance to any restaurants unless you want to dine at the airport or have very expensive room service.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank jeno2747
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#117 of 192 in Chicago
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#142 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!