“Can't beat the location”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #115 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Basel, Switzerland
“Can't beat the location”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stay here when I don't want to do a red-eye but want to at least get half way across the country to start up the next morning early. Easy to get from the United terminal to check-in. The best rooms here are the allergy-free rooms. Only watch out is that sometime long lines to check in but really nice and helpful!! Also, hotel can only have either the heat on or air on. When they transition from one season to the other, the room can get a little uncomfortable. But they are very good about bringing up a fan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The best reason to stay at this hotel is the convenience. The property itself is a little dated but the rooms were clean and appeared to have been redecorated not too long ago. One goes there to sleep and the beds were so comfy I was out like a light every night. Also there was no noise from being in the centre of an airport. I did not hear a plane once. The access to the airport it simply a 5 minute walk through a few tunnels. Easy. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. As far as hotels go I liked it. We had breakfast in room one day although I did think 28.00 plus service charges was excessive for bacon and eggs, but it was ok, Our flight left too early for food the next day.
What irked me was that to checkin online I had two choices. I could go on line in my room and pay 17.00. Or I could go downstairs and pay 6.95 to check in on the computers in the lobby. Even if you paid there was no printing facility and so you could not get a hard copy of your ticket. There was a business centre in the basement and there you could print but again they wanted 6.95 for 15 minutes. We did find an American Airlines checkin computer in the basement but it would only do domestic flights. Other airlines were not available. You would think and airport hotel would make it easy for customers to get their airline check in and printing done easily. This is the first time I have run into this. I found the staff unable to help me with this problem and so we had to get up that much earlier to check in at the airport. A thing we had hoped to avoid as we had only carry on luggage.
It appears that the price for this airport is reasonable but if you have a car, want to use internet and eat in your room it can be expensive. The room is not such a deal. Parking was 60.00 overnight.
I did not use the public transit to Chicago but I understand it is quick and easy to use. There was direct access from the hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Rozkan:

Thank you for all the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate seeing both your positive and negative feedback. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused when attempting to print your boarding pass. We have three computers on each end of our main lobby and there is one printer for each set of three computers. You have the option to purchase general Internet for $6.95, however, there is a section that states to "click here to print boarding pass" which is complimentary. The only American Airlines check-in computer we have is located also in our main lobby near our Caffe Mercato.

Also, the hotel overnight parking fee for guests through our Valet is $47.00.

We value your opinion and we appreciate your choosing to stay with us. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Paris, France
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I chose an Airport hotel in Chicago cause every other affordable location in downtown area was booked. Out of all the other places Hilton is the closest to public transportation around O'Hare.

The trip to the city center is quite fast and cheap.

Hotel is clean and cozy despite the size.

Don't expect nice views from the window...

I recommend this location when you can not afford city center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here courtesy of British airways and a missed connection. If you arrive on the tram from another terminal - when you get to the terminal 2 stop, exit the train, go towards the escalator but don't go up. Go behind the escalator and go down in the elevator. The location is fantastic.
The room was great - comfy bed, most of the expected amenities. Oddly I could not find a single pen in the entire room.
The food was fine but the prices were just crazy. $4 for a single croissant in the lobby coffee shop. The breakfast buffet rang in at about $30. My message would be that unless you are on an expense account or got money from an airline for food, don't eat there. Based on my non-scientific limited comparisons, food in the terminal seems cheaper!
The facilities didn't have hours I would have expected. A hotel in this location should be setup to serve people from all over the world (and still perhaps in this time zones). I wanted to workout after I woke at 3am but the gym didn't open until 6. Most hotels where I have stayed that have gyms keep them available 23/7. The coffee shop didn't open until 6. Again I know these seem like early hours but not for an airport hotel serving customers who may have 7am flights.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear espritnumber5:

Thank you for providing feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We apologize if we fell short of your expectations in the hours of operation for our food outlets and our Athletic Club. The hours are set based on the time periods of most demand. We do provide in-room dining with a limited menu from 11PM - 6AM. Our Athletic Club is a full service facility located on our lower level and for security and safety reasons, must be staffed and maintained while open, which is not feasible 24 hours a day, and again, we have set hours based on the highest usage times.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you because of this. Be assured that your comments are being shared with our management team as we continually strive to make improvements where feasible.

We thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I usually stay at the lower-rate hotels like Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, etc. I rarely end up at the flagship hotels, but this stay was precipitated by the need to catch a 5:15am flight out of O'Hare.

I used my Hilton Hhonors points to pay for my room.

Getting to the hotel was easy from the shuttle I took from Milwaukee. There is a clearly marked path under the roadways from Terminal 2. Check-in was fast.

My room was small. Really small. If I had been staying with another person, we would've tripped over each other often. The bathroom was small, too. I was hoping at least for a nice tub, but it was clearly old. The showerhead was awesome, though, and obviously newer.

The floor-to-ceiling windows overlooked the runways (I was on the 9th floor) and was amazingly quiet. I even slept with the window open so that I could have some fresh air. I do wear earplugs to bed, but nothing outside was so loud that it woke me.

The bed and pillows are comfy.

WiFi is not free (which always amazes me because it is usually free at the lower-rate hotels). I did upgrade to a nicer room for $25 which included wifi.

It was disappointing that the printer was not working on the public computers, so I could not print my boarding pass. I was also not happy that the fitness center cost $22 per day to use.

Room Tip: Get a higher room so that you are not staring at parking garages; the ones facing the runways gives...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Travel is oftentimes a crazy whirlwind. My last trip to Chicago was no exception. Not to bore with details, but my wife and I found ourselves coming into the hotel on a very late check-in - with a car to return to a far off-site agency, rumbling stomachs, and a very early flight to catch the next morning. While I was delirious for half the ordeal, the staff was incredibly patient and helpful with everything that night. The next morning, we were able to print off our boarding passes right inside the hotel and go. I can not recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear JimB777588:

Thank you very much for sharing your nice comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that you were warmly welcomed and made to feel comfortable here after a busy travel day, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was my second visit in two years, for a business meeting at the hotel. Pros - friendly, helpful staff and convenient to the terminal and the train into the city. Room was comfortable, but had a problem with the door, which I let the staff know about. Con - food quality was not as good as last time, but ok for a hotel. Also, WiFi should be available free in the conference rooms. As the headline says, it's ok for the convenience depending on your travel schedule.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
#14 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!