“Great day room facility for red eye flights”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #116 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Seattle, United States
“Great day room facility for red eye flights”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived off a red-eye flight from Seattle and checked in to the hotel early in the morning. It was right in the airport and we didn't have to leave the airport at all. The service was great. There was a long line due to a canceled flight, but because we had confirmed reservations earlier, the front-desk checked us in immediately. Also: although it was before the official check-in time, they waived the early check-in fee. The room was great and we got some much needed rest and quiet before our road-trip further east. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Satyajit N
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your high ratings and comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to know that you had an easy check-in and were able to get some due rest after traveling.

We appreciate your choosing us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There is really nothing terrible about this hotel it is just that nothing about it makes you feel good about paying the prices they want.

It is an old property but it has been kept up well. The rooms are just average BUT if you can get one facing the runways. It makes for a great show!

I was marooned here for 3 nights with a work obligation and had to eat a lot of the hotel food. I liked the Gaslight option and thought the food at the hotel restaurant/bar was acceptable. The service during breakfast is ATROUTIOUS. I guess I was not in the bored waiter's section because he just looked at me waiting to order (in an obvious hurry) and pointed at the other waiter. Sorry buddy, I just wanted a V8 and an egg sandwich!!! Skip breakfast here, they obviously don't want your money.

The desk staff was polite and accommodating and if you are passing through O'Hare they will make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Look over the runways at O'Hare. It's a great show.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are sharing them with our Director of Food & Beverage and Director of Restaurants so that the necessary corrective action can be taken.

We strive to be more than just an airport hotel in our product and services provided. We apologize for any poor impression you received for your breakfast experience, and we hope to better serve you in the future.

Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing can beat the ease of getting to the terminal and gate if you have an early flight than staying at the O'Hare Hilton. Service is top notch and the staff goes out of their way to make the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My kids were delayed in Chicago overnight so I told them to check into the Hilton airport hotel. The check in took over 2 hours because of a problem with me paying from a distance for my two daughters. Then, they were tired and hungry so ordered room service. It took 2+ hours to arrive, cost $90, and was terrible. The girls accidentally ordered a film for $16.95. They didn't mean too, and called me about it immediately. That had happened to me once before and the desk immediately compensated my bill. Not here, I was left with the $16.95 bill. Overall, a terrible experience and lack of customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are very sorry to read the comments which you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your kid's stay with us. We apologize for the delays experienced by first having to obtain proper payment to cover their stay and then for the inconvenience caused by them having to wait long for Room Service. We will share all your comments with our management. I attempted to send you a personal message to obtain the name and date of stay so that we can better research what circumstances were going on that day to cause the delays you mentioned but the T/A site did not enable me to do so.

The comfort and security of all our guests is very important to us. What your kids experienced is not typical of othe standards we strive to maintain. We make every effort to staff according to our occupancy, however, with our location on airport grounds, we can have many guests arrive at once from cancelled flights with very little prior notice to the hotel.

We hope to better serve you in the future.

Executive Office

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you're one of those people who tend to fly at 5:15am then it's always nice to stay in a hotel connected to the airport! Going from the terminal to your room can't be any easier and the staff were very friendly and helpful guiding me on the best way to use the trains into the city. The room was nice but not quite up to par as most Hilton's I've stayed in. It seemed rather dark even with the window shades open and heating unit was somewhat noisy. The bed was very comfortable and it was great to walk to the airport in the morning! Unfortunately I wasn't able to enjoy breakfast with an early flight - it would be nice to have this available since many staying here have early flights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I travel to Spain annually and overnight at O'Hare in both directions because of current flight schedules.

We reserved a room at this Hotel 3 months prior to leaving the U.S. so as to have a room when we returned. First off, using the Hilton website leads you to believe this hotel is at the airport because it is listed as "Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare". It is, however, not at the airport -- we learned this upon arrival but were offered a different room at a substantially higher price. We had arrived from Madrid ready for a break and accepted the price increase because our departure was very early the next morning.

For $336, we received a Motel 6 type room (4081). The "Courtesy Bar" is provided with $5 bottles of water available for half that in the airport, and the cabinet in which they are housed had a rotted bottom. So rotted, in fact, that condensation from the refrigerator flowed onto the carpet below leadin me to place a towel down as a flood stopper.

The lamp between the beds did not turn on when I tried to turn the switch (pliers would have been useful to grip the make-shift switch). I called the desk, thinking it was simply a dead lightbulb. It wasn't. The Hilton, it appears, cannnot afford to properly change lamp switches -- it currently uses flourescent bulbs in 3-way lamp bulb fixtures (2 turns of the switch are required -- and the switch is one seen in shops and garages, not in hotel rooms). I was at first embarassed to be instructed by maintenance in the operation of a simple table lamp but later noted that all lamps were so equipped.

I reported all this, but have low hopes for improvement.

The bed was comfortable, the shower works, and the room appeared clean. For $336, I expected better and, truly, there are better choices at O'Hare.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Podarcis
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed overnight due to a lay-over flight. This hotel wasn't what I expected for a Hilton hotel. The food was terrible at the restaurant. I was returning from a two week stay in a third world country and the food was better there than at this place. My first choice of crab cakes were bad, they even smelled bad. My second attempt roast chicken was so dry I could only eat 2 bites. The chicken was recommended by the staff!! I paid the bill and went to bed hungry. I wouldn't stay again at this hotel. Also the AC unit is very loud and doesn't hold the temperature very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are very disappointed to read your comments about your stay here on Trip Advisor. We assure you that what you experienced was not typical of the standards we strive to maintain. I will write you directly to obtain your name and date of stay in an effort to better research your complaints and take the necessary corrective action.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor impression you received. Be assured that your comments are being shared with our appropriate management. We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Executive Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#105 of 190 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!