“Connected to ORD's domestic terminals, this hotel is ideal for busienss meetings”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #114 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you are planning to have a business meeting in Chicago with out of town guest participants, this is the ideal property. Conected via underground passageway to the domestic terminals, the location could not be more convenient. The sleeping rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Room rates are reasonable for such a convenient locale. Though a fairly old property, it is kept fresh and up to date. Gone is the permeating odor of jet fuel exhaust that used to make an overnight stay here rather unpleasant. The pool and exercise facility are quite good. The Gaslight restaurant serves good fare. Meeting rooms are well equipped. Staff are friiendly and attentive. The banquet food is mediocre and expensive; but an improvement from the terrible and expensive fare of past stays. Express check out is a breeze. Check in is another matter: though I am a Hilton Diamond member, I still had to stand in a long queue and wait quite some time to register. I should think an airport hotel would have this down to a science

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the runways: they cost a few bucks more; but it is interesting to watch...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for all the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor, which we in turn share with our team. We are encouraged to know that you were happy with your accommodations and meeting facilities as well as the Gaslight Club and our Athletic Club. We are proud of the product and services that we provide, and we continually encourage feedback to know where we may need to make improvements.

We appreciate your recommending us to others, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back here in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was not here very long. I flew in from Hamburg and London later at night, and left on the first flight out next morning. I used it as a crash pad for a few hours of sleep.

Convenience is great. Right across from Terminals 1,2 and 3, and the short train ride form T5 (International). You can't beat it, especially when it's snowy and chilly like it was on this particular night.

Common areas are old and worn out. I mean, I grew up in Chicago and had been in the common areas of this hotel as a kid, circa 1994. Didn't seem much difference in 2013. Check in staff was friendly, but it took a bit of time when I arrived because they were so busy. They did have plenty of staff, but still slow.

My room, on the 10th floor with an airport view, was quite nice. The bed was very comfortable, the TV was huge with plenty of channels, and the bathroom was just fine. There was a mini-bar that was well stocked. I didn't try the Internet connection.

I wanted room service, but...my gosh. The prices here were ridiculous. I stay at a lot of nice airport hotels, and I've never quite seen prices like this. For example, a burger and fries were $20. Plus tax. Plus 18% gratuity. Plus a $5 room service charge. That means a BURGER AND FRIES (no drink) is roughly $30. Unbefreakinlievable. I went hungry that night. The restaurants looked decent, but I had no desire to go to them due to my exhaustion.

Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat due to convenience and the room. The rest is just okay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing both your positive and negative feedback with regards to your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad that our convenient location worked well for you.

We have gone through numerous renovations of our guestrooms and public space since 1994, and we continue to monitor, schedule and plan for these projects as needed. Be assured that all your comments are being shared with our management team.

We appreciate your staying with us and we surely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was not really looking forward to working in an airport hotel, but this one surpassed expectations.

Working with a group of 14, who had flown in from many different locations for a two training workshop, we had a very good event. The staff were attentive; food was good and facilities excellent. There is a good gym and pool facilities and the Sports Bar always had a buzz.

My only reservation was being told that if we intended to record the role-plays, we would have to pay $108 per hor to have an AV technician standby - UNION Rules! I have never come across this anywhere else in the world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor, which we do share with our team. We strive to maintain the service culture to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations and we are encouraged to know that this was reflected to you throughout every facet of your stay here.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you have a very early flight, this is the hotel that you want to spend the night. Very comfortable bed and very clean. Free wifi! This hotel is located in the airport. Just 3 minutes walk to check-in stations.

If hungry, try the Gaslight Club located in the hotel. They have great selection of food. Hubby ordered their Caesar Chicken Salad and he emptied his plate. I ordered their Encrusted Salmon with wild rice and oohhh..it was so good!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and with your meal at the Gaslight Club. They are a leased operation within our hotel and we will share your positive comments with their management. We hope that you will visit us again in the future and have the opportunity to try our Andiamo restaurant as well.

We appreciate your staying with us.

Boston
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Overall, nice hotel. Front desk staff always very accommodating. Restaurants have good choices, with usual airport prices. Lovely in winter to never have to leave airport. I have stayed at very nearby hotels (with a shuttle ride) and honestly the hassle is not really worth it, I'd rather stay here. Good wifi. I like to run outside and have twice done a run in the parking lots (try the top floor of the parking structure - I saw a pretty sunrise over downtown Chicago) and around the airport. Can't really leave the area without a vehicle or train. Colleagues liked gym. Was a bit noisy near the elevator. Peaceful hotel room otherwise.

Room Tip: Would ask for a room far away from the elevators. Hope for the best. Consider using a white noise ma...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive to maintain high standards in our accommodations, restaurants and services provided. We're glad that you have noticed. We assure you that we will continue to monitor all areas to ensure they continue to be consistent with our standards. We're inspired that you maximized the potential to have a good run outdoors here, and we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit our athletic club on your next stay. We hope that you had a productive meeting and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ithaca, NY
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was in Chicago for several days, staying at a downtown hotel, and had a 7:20 a.m. flight out of O'Hare. When I called to make airport shuttle arrangements, I was told I would need a 4:30 a.m. pick up. Ugh! A friend suggested I move to the airport hotel for the final night of my trip. It was perfect! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the in room coffee held me over til I got some real stuff at the airport, and best of all I was out of the hotel and at the O'Hare ticket counter in 10 minutes time. Although everything I did was for that convenience, I have to say that I would definitely do it again, because it was everything I needed (and at half the price of the downtown hotel).

When I got to the hotel late Friday night, there was a long line at check in. However, an employee handed out bottles of water to those waiting in line, which was a nice touch, and the person who checked me in was friendly and helpful. The hotel seemed to have quite a large number of amenities, but I didn't explore any of them -- for me it was all about the room and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad that you made the choice to move to our hotel for your last night in Chicago, and more importantly, that you were glad you made that choice. We're encouraged to know that our location on airport grounds was convenient for your travel schedule and to know that you would choose to stay here again. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Baltimore
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had no issues - isn't that what everyone wants? Connected to ORD, seamless check in, room service excellent and ahead of schedule (a bit pricey though) and an efficient, courteous staff.

Get rid of the minibars and add a fridge. I don't know how those things generate any revenue!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the high ratings and the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that you were satisfied with every aspect of your stay and we appreciate your recommending us to others. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Executive Office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#108 of 189 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!