“Perfectly Fine for an Overnight Stay”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #125 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I transferred at ORD which required an overnight stay. It's attached to the airport and you can reach any of the domestic terminals via a 5-10 min walk. The room furnishings and bath were updated and the sound proofing was great. I didn't use the fitness facility but it looked to be a decently sized area. The two negatives that prevented a higher score: 1)The food and beverage costs at the casual bar/restaurant were very high and the food was average - think Manhattan prices not Chicago prices. 2) We encountered a very long line for check-in. All in all, this hotel is acceptable for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad that you were pleased with your accommodations. We apologize, however, for your not being fully satisfied with your meal in the sports bar. Our prices are competitive with other similar type properties in the airport area. We also want to provide high food quality, and we have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Anna Falco

Write a ReviewReviews (3,434)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Hotel exceed my expectations! The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Easy access to the metro system (CTA), about 40 minutes from downtown Chicago. The staff was very nice and always willing to help. The restaurants in the Hotel are good, breakfast is buffet style, and there is a sports bar. If you take the metro from the airport to Rosemont (5 min) you will have a variety of restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Stay on the 6 floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and we're glad that you were satisfied with the accommodations and the service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Based on a previous positive experience I book a reservation for one night at the O'Hare Hilton. Now I am getting telephone calls from Hilton Vacations to sell me travel packages. I didn't ask for this, and don't appreciate it one damn bit - especially since I am overseas so the calls come in at 2:00 am. By the time I drag myself out of bed to tell the marketers to leave me alone they have hung up.

Is there a solution? YES! I've learned my lesson - don't book with Hilton. Plus, the O'Hare property is on the bedbug registry, so caveat emptor.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RaySparrowe

Thank you for the comments you posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate that you chose to return to our hotel for another stay, however, please accept our sincere apologies for any solciting done by others as a result. I will write you directly to obtain further details on how you booked your stay in order to help us determine how your contact information could have been forwarded to the Hilton Grand Vacations team. This is a unique complaint that we have really not had here and again, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

The Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport takes the issue of pest control very seriously. We assure you that our hotel maintains high levels of vigilance, and we do perform regularly scheduled inspections. In the unlikely and unusual event the hotel or a guest suspects a problem, the area in question is isolated to determine whether a problem exists and the situation is immediately remedied. Our hotel has retained the services of a licensed, reputable pest control company that is readily available to dispatch trained professionals to perform appropriate inspections and treatments (if warranted) of the affected areas.

We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Ohare Hilton makes me HA HA laugh. A Little about my travel patterns, I am Silver Elite with Carlson Hotels also, I am 4 stays away from Hilton HHonors Gold Status.

This Ohare Hilton does a wonderful job of reminding customers how worthless, and pathetic they are. Nickel and diming everywhere No Free Parking, No Free WI-FI, No Free Breakfast. But hey, if you were Gold or Diamond HHonors, Ohare Hilton would treat you different. Lots of Attitude at this hotel. The Attitude seems to be, we are a monopoly at the Ohare airport. We don't have to be nice or try to keep customers happy. Don't like us? Move along, plenty of other customers to keep us busy. Being an onsite airport hotel, Ohare Hilton has no direct competitor.

Checkin is wonderful, welcoming and seemless for HHonors members. I got upto my room and realized I had not inquired about WI-FI. So called House Keeping twice. Phone keeps ringing and ringing. Once answered I was informed by the rude guy, that I was not Gold or Diamond, and for the price(More than $120+) I had paid for the king room there was no free WI-FI.

No Free WI-FI at a paid hotel in the 21st Century? Not something I expect. All Carlson properties and Most Hilton hotels offer Free WI-FI. Dang, even dumpy Ramada's and Days Inn offer free WI-FI. Most Hilton Properties I have stayed at have a personalized welcome letter, personalized key jacket with Free WI-FI code waiting for me at check-IN: Not the OHare Hilton.

Exploring the hotel property, I decided to stop by the Information desk, and inquire about free WI-FI. Here is the speech I was given: Free WI-FI is only for Diamond members. I asked why it was free at other Hilton Properties, I was told this is a Corporate owned Hilton. Sister properties make their own rules. The guy who argued with me was oozing with Attitude. He was talking over me, not to me.

Note to Management: Rule 1 for good customer service, teach employees to provide customer service, Not to argue with customers. Especially, frequent travelers.

Not satisfied, I stood back in the checkin line for HHonors. Here is where I was rewarded. Wonderful frontdesk employee who checked me in remembered me by my last name. Gave me the free WI-FI code as a courtesy. Very much appreciated. It would have been very nice not to put me through this hassle.

The room location was wonderful, just as I had requested: Away from the elevators, on a high floor, overlooking the runways. I am an aviation buff. I was in heaven.

Apparently, this Hilton was built in the 1940's and it shows. Bathrooms although well appointed, are small, almost closet size. And there was a faint smell in the room that reminded me of my grandmas house that I used to visit when I was 5years old: Not an offensive smell, very old and nostalgic.

Bed is very comfy, and the king room although small is very well designed and has a huge flat screen TV. I took a nap and was wide awake at 1100pm. So I decided to take a walk.

Location, Location, Location, This is where the Ohare Hilton shines. You can walk into Terminal 2 and 3 for people watching, or to grab something to eat. All without stepping outside in the harsh weather. You can walk for hours without getting bored or feeling unsafe. Want to explore Downtown Chicago? Walk to the Chicago Transits BlueLine L train station. Train runs 24 hours.

Another point for concern, the hotel elevators can be accessed by anyone from the basement(LL) floor. No scanning your key card to get the elevator moving. This means you could potentially find a vagabond walking the hallways on the 9th floor. Oh well.

Will I return? Yes, because I love seeing the runways, and love not renting a car in Chicago. But I would appreciate a customer focused attitude adjustment at Hilton Ohare.

Room Tip: Do not make my mistake of walking away from the Front Desk without asking for everything you need. W...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for all your comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative, and assure you that they are being shared with all our department heads to take the necessary corrective measures in our continual efforts to ensure guest satisfaction.

Extending good customer service is very important to us and we are very sorry for any poor impression you received when inquiring about complimentary WiFi service. We value all of our guests and also want to be sure that we are extending the appropriate perks and amenities to our loyal Hilton HHonors guests who have earned them through their past stays. That is the main purpose and incentive of loyalty programs. We do provide complimentary WiFi access throughout our main lobby for all guests.

Regarding your guest room, this hotel was built in the early 1970's. All of our guest rooms and public space have been through many renovations since then and going forward in order to maintain the high standards which Hilton represents.

The security and safety of all our guests is extremely important and an area we take very seriously. The lower level elevators are locked from 12:30AM as well as all the lobby doors, with the exception of the main door entrance. If guests walk from the airport underground walkways to the hotel with luggage after that time and are unable to take the escalator up to the lobby from the lower lobby, then Security must be called to assist them by unlocking the elevators and escorting them up to the lobby check-in area. We have a security staff 24 hours a day that monitor the hallways physically and via TV monitors.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Flight cancelled. Hilton had rooms for $389. Of course, no discounted rooms even for Hilton Honors. Would not honor airline discounr slips but had the higher price rooms available. Take a cab and save hig dollars

• Stayed: October 2012

We are sorry to read your comments on Trip Advisor regarding our hotel. Our room rates fluctuate according to supply and demand. Wtih our location on airport grounds, we can fill in occupancy withing a very short period of time if we get distressed passengers sent from the airport. This may happen when we are in high occupancy already from other advanced reservations and in such situations, we are unable to honor any discounted rates. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We value your feedback, and we do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Its a nice Hotel and I have stayed here probably 30 days in the last 3 months for work. Staff is great and very acomidating. Rooms are clean and quiet. Very convenient location to the airport and CTA blue line.

Now with that said, this place is EXPENSIVE when it comes to food and other services. They charge $12-17 a day for internet access in your room where nearby hotels have it included in rooms, not just the lobby (Hyatt O'Hare)

Food is by far the most overpriced food I have ever had in a hotel. They charge ridiculous prices for simple, plain foods. $6 dollars for ONE egg. $28 for breakfast. 11 for a cup of soup. 16 for a plain Jane cheese burger...etc.

Great place to stay if you can get here for $150 or less. Just don't waste your money on the food.

Sure its on the airport grounds, but just 1 stop down the blue line at Rosemont stop has more hotel options for a better value. (Free wifi, chain restaurants with better prices, free gym to non members..etc)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank wonkrazyz28
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for all your comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative, and assure you that they are being shared with all our department heads in our continual efforts to ensure guest satisfaction.

We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I spent a night at the Hilton at O'Hare airport a couple weeks ago and recommend it for its convenience. I flew to Chicago at the last minute to meet friends for a football game. I flew in on Saturday morning and flew out on Sunday at 7 AM. The Hilton was 50 feet from the entrance to my airport terminal. The hotel was clean. The room was small but comfortable. There is an underground tunnel that will take you right into the airport terminal so you don't have to go outside in the bad weather.

Room Tip: Its a big hotel, so you might want to get a room closer to the elevator if you have heavy bags.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad you chose to stay with us and that you were satisfied with our convenient location and accommodations.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Anna Falco

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#115 of 192 in Chicago
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#141 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!