“Stayed Twice in One Week, would Stay Again...”

Ranked #127 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed twice at this Hilton in one week as i flew in and out of O'Hare. This is a standard airport Hilton, not exciting but does what it advertises to do so. The check in staff when i arrived in from the UK were extremely helpful and upgraded me to a theatre room, although i didnt use the media, the room was well appointed and comfortable. No Executive lounge is a disappointment, but the Sports bar has a very good atmosphere, even if it is expensive to drink there, $12 for a 23Oz Stella ! The food is also very nice and bar staff friendly. Second time i checked in, less welcoming from the check in staff and no upgrade this time. My only negative comment is that the WIFI connection does not extend in to the bar area or work in my room on floor 10, it did work on my first room on floor 9 though....

However, early next morning my flight to the UK was cancelled and when i went to the front desk the guy was extremely helpful, allowed me a late check out until 4pm, which was perfect, even gave me a couple of breakfast vouchers so i could enjoy a leisurely breakfast to while away my unexpected 12hr delay. A very nice gesture indeed.

A good, if unexciting hotel, but i have no complaints whatsoever, very comfortable, good customer service, good food, which is all you need for a stop over.

Room Tip: WIFI connection seemed to work on floor 9 but not on floor 10 with an iPhone / iPad
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Thank you for the comments which you posted about our hotel onTrip Advisor. It is pleasing to know that overall, you were satisfied with the service and accommodations, and convenience to the airport. We are sorry, however, for any inconvenience caused due to the lack of Internet connection when you stayed on the 10th. floor. Due to the many networks throughout the airport, the signal strength can be over bearing on our HHonors Network. The Hilton I.T. team has implemented a plan that will strengthen our signal strength and enhance our infrastructure throughout the guest rooms. We are also working on adding Wi-Fi service in the restaurants.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Write a ReviewReviews (3,481)

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel 4 or 5 times this month and it has been great 4 out of 5 times and on the one occasion I had an issue they took care of it.

The check in staff is excellent. I love the media rooms and Andiamo has the best continental breakfast.

Right next to the airport so convenient for early flights.

Keep it up.

• Stayed: October 2011
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for the nice comments which you posted on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We appreciate your staying with us on numerous visits and are encouraged to know that you have been consistently satisfied. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

scored a room from hotwire here for a deap discount. With such a deal i upgraded to a room with free wifi but would not do that again. Room ws clean and staff was great. Would I stay here again, yes if I scored the same deal but for rack rate on their website...no way. I did stay for Fri and Sat night which is probably open for better rates than for business. Great for in and out of airport and not having to pay for a rental car and parking down town. The blue line is right downstairs which is a huge plus and worked on the 35 min commute to the loop downtown. It is a typical big city airport hotel chain where they nickel and dime you for everything....come on $15 a day or so for internet access in the room...petty. However, wifi is free in the lobby. No breakfast or fridge included and no access to the pool for a swim unless you pay for the fitness center...lame. it was clean and did the job for me.

Room Tip: hotwire for sure and use the wifi in the lobby to save $
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for the comments you posted on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We appreciate both the pros and cons in our continual efforts to ensure that our guests have a satisfactory stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Had a one night stopover between flights. Hotel was hot, stuffy, shabby. Staff helpful.

Restaurant on ground floor served food but without any style - a low standard.

Hotel situated between Terminals 2 and 3, a short walk from either, or the transit train so easy to walk to your next flight check-in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the comments which you posted on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We are very sorry if the accommodations and food quality did not meet your expectations. If you would like to share more details about your stay, please email your comments to oharegm@hilton.com.

We continually strive to maintain the high standards reflective of the Hilton tradition and make improvements where necessary. We value your opinion and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is wonderful. It's clean, a bit posh, and incredibly convenient. Anyplace else is too much of a hassle to get to and completely not worth it. The taxi's in Chicago are the biggest rip offs I've ever encountered so please, bite the budget bullet, (although this Hilton is hardly expensive) and stay here. The safety, security and. did I mention, CONVENIENCE to the airport, the rapid transit and the trains CANNOT be beat.
One thing though, be wary of wine recommendations in the rather average restaurant. My one glass of white wine was more expensive than the meal!

Room Tip: Any room is well place in this hotel. If you don't like planes however don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are encouraged that you had a positive impression of our property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I'm always leery of a Hilton when I travel cause I never know if I'm going to get the elegance of the Santo Domingo Hilton in the Dominican Republic or the run-down, 60's hippish joint like that in Grand Rapids, MI. I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton O'Hare and blown away by the convenience. I was scheduled to have my rental car till day of departure; 6am Friday morning. I was able to return the car Thursday evening, take the shuttle to terminal 2, drop downstairs to the underground passage, and arrive at the front desk of the Hilton. The room was great. My view overlooked the airport and runways. The fitness center was awesome! It took me 5 minutes to walk from my room on the 10th floor to get security line at the airport. 15 minutes later, i was at my gate. Will definitely stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a 10th floor room overlooking the airport (see attached picture I took from my room at dusk...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're very happy that you enjoyed our property and that you took advantage of all the conveniences that our location offers. We appreciate your recommendation to others and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

The location is perfect if you are not leaving the airport--it is actually inside the airport. Otherwise, it is quite average. The rooms are ok, the restaurants are ok. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for your comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We are continually striving to maintain high standards in our product and service, and we hope to provide you with a better than average stay next time.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#117 of 192 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!