“worst” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Milshire Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chicago
Milshire Hotel
You added Milshire Hotel to your Saves list
2525 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #169 of 184 Hotels in Chicago
mars
“worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've stayed at a lot of bad places but this was the worst
I got bed bug bites alll over

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank pjscoffee

Families
Business
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

The place is really bad, as described in pretty much every review.
I'd like to confirm, yes, there are few roaches, but also plenty of BEDBUGS. Roaches will maybe crawl up on you in you sleep, but ultimately won't come home with you. They love this HO(tel). But bedbugs will ! and will infest every piece of wood in your house !
Be real careful

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank ElleBee000

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Charleston, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I've stayed at some run down places all over the world, but this place takes the cake. First off it is a brothel, and filled with meth/crack heads. I have no idea how this place passes any inspections. I was going to a couple of shows at the Congress theater, and this place is the closest place to it, so I thought I'd try it out even though the reviews were bad. When we first walked in we had to talk to a guy behind a window and pay, then we were buzzed though another door where we had to go up stairs battling crack heads on the way up. When I got to my room I looked around and found out that I was sharing a bathroom with the room next door, which had some shady charactars in it. I would have never trusted my belongings in my room with only a plywood door between us. Then I sat on the bed and realized it was covered in plastic sheets under the covers. I looked at the plastic sheets and they were plastic wrap with duct tape. The sheets were also full of awsome yellow stains. Luckily we were given a refund and did not have to stay, otherwise I would probably not have been able to written this because I would have been kidnapped and sold into a lifetime of male erotic sexual slavery.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
13 Thank RoofusEat
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

After reading the reviews online about this hotel, anyone would think this is a horrible place to stay. The reality, however, is that it really isn't that bad! My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by our experience here. If you're looking for a poshy place to stay, this is not it. But if you're looking for hostel quality, you'll like it here just as we did. For such a low price for a room in Chicago, this actually makes it a really good lodging option.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank berrygudz
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

We got into the lobby and two guys were in the reception enclosure area. One of the guys was wearing a heavy metal shirt that read psycho-something. For a double room it was only $40 so we figured we are only staying the night so no big deal, right? So we got a room key and got buzzed into the hall way and decided to take the stairs to the 4th floor (the elevator didn't look too safe). As we go up the stairs the combination of smells weird decor and sounds led me to believe that there wasn't something quite right about this place. We finally got to our floor and decided we should at least try to look at the room. The room was 408 so we got to the door and there was evidence of the door being kicked in at some point. After a few minutes we were finally able to get the door to open. It only took a look into the tiny room to realize that i wasn't wanting any part in a horror movie that night. The room had a tiny bed in it and the linens probably hadn't been washed in the last few months. The room was very dirty and there was a small sink to the right that had ants crawling in it. The room was also about 80 degrees and had very stale air. There was a fan but no AC. I would have not been able to sleep there, especially with my mind contemplating at what point the door was going to be kicked in again, me awaiting the same fate of some other poor traveler. I would have rather taken my chances sleeping on the street this particular evening.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sam_Loomis
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

This place looks more like a brothel than a hotel. The "receptionist" has to see every person who is going to stay before give you the key. Once you get to the room is like a puzzle to open the door. Then the room is disgusting, you'll see the rep carpet with thousands of spots, I didn't even use the bathroom afraid I would get "something". You could hear everything that was going on outside. We were out of there in three hours. We drove another 40 minutes up north and stay in a better place in the suburbs for the same price.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank trabeler84
joshparris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I travel a lot and stay in some pretty shady places but this one took the cake. Cockroaches everywhere, smells nasty, Mrs Roper receptionist, doubles as brothel, dirtiest hotel I have every seen, broken doors, old food that looked like a mix of cigarette butts and corn in the plant in front of our door, fat shirtless white trash guy maintenance man with a knife on his belt, no towel or soap in bathroom, brown bloodstained shower. The guy who showed us our room asked if we were having a "party"

We checked out quicker than it took for us to check in and they wouldn't give us our money back until the boss showed up the next day so we had to take a special cab ride back to the place. We explained to the local Cab driver that we refused to stay there because we didn't want to wake up to someone with a knife over our bed. The cab driver said..."if you stay there, you're lucky if you even wake up at all.

Don't stay here.

• Liked — It was funny how bad it was. You couldn't help but laugh.
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank joshparris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Northwest Side
Wicker Park / Bucktown
Ray's Bucktown Bed and Breakfast
Northwest Side
House of Two Urns Bed and Breakfast

Been to Milshire Hotel? Share your experiences!