Ohio House Motel
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$282
$345
$204
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$263
Hilton.com
$363
$179
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Breakfast included
$145
$132
  • Room Service
$428
$376
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown chicagowithin walking distancerainforest caferoom was cleanfridge and microwavefree breakfastthe loopnavy pierthe magnificent milefew blocksenjoyed my stayblue linemichigan avenueleghornlodgingrates
FilterAll languages
Brodhead,WI
Reviewed December 2, 2004

After visiting Chicago for the day, we decided to spend the night. After trying to get into several other motels with no luck(no available rooms,needed a credit card)Ohio house gave us a room,a single dirty room with two beds for $130.00. Also if you plan on sleeping, don't forget your ear plugs or you will be sorry!! There is a dance club across the street that closes at 5 am. Also the constant honking of taxi cabs ALL night long was awful. However were grateful we didnt have to sleep in our car.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed August 25, 2004

Wow!!! You simply won't find a better deal in Chicago. For a very reasonable fare (under $100/night, even with taxes) you get a fantastic location, very safe environment, clean and reasonably sized room, and cheap food at the diner. I was able to walk to the Sears Tower from my room (granted, it was quite a stroll, but still.) and it was pretty accessible to the subway. And the parking is free!

I have zero complaints about the Ohio House. None. If I end up back in Chicago it'll be the first place I call... if some chain hasn't tried to put a tower on top of it by then.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you so much for your review of The Ohio House Motel. It sounds like you really enjoyed our neighborhood and took advantage of all that it had to offer! You really can walk to everything from here. I hope that you enjoyed your time here in Chicago, and that we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2004

While it's been some years since I've stayed at the Ohio House, I did have a great time in Chicago. I have recommended this place to several people since. The room and bathroom are a little dated, but very clean & NO BUGS!!. Most people go to Chicago for all that the City has to offer, so your hotel room is really for sleeping and showering. Why spend the big dollars on a room you will only be in for maybe 6-8 hours? Not to mention the free parking, right outside your door. Give it a try you wont regret it. Dont forget to go to the Coffee Shop for breakfast.

1  Thank lovemkonapo

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed July 27, 2004

Stayed there July 20-25 2004, place looks very retro and the little cafe looks like it is out of the 1960's. Rooms clean and spacious, cafe is cheap and standard diner. All major attractions downtown are within walking distance, and the bus to wrigley Field is 2 blocks away, hard rock Cafe 1 block, Spot of Trump's new building is 1 mile or so away. The Rock and roll McDonald's is across street but is being rebuilt and will not open until 2005. Free Trolley to Navy Pier is 2 blocks away. The area is really clean and I did not see any hustlers, hookers or drug dealers. Any other hotel in area starts at $135.00
Great value, great location, I can't believe some chain has not bought this place out. Free parking a plus as some hotels in the area charge for parking in addition to the expensive room. There is no pool but the beach is about two miles away.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Waterloo, IA
Reviewed July 5, 2004

Granted, its more quirky than quaint; more plain than plush. But the Ohio House is a great value. The location is awesome, you can't beat the price, you can park right in front of your door, and there are usually rooms available. It may not be grand, but it is clean and I will stay there often!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I assure you that this has been addressed by proper management. We truly appreciate your feedback!