“Location, cleanliness and price”
Review of Ohio House Motel

Ohio House Motel
Ranked #123 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Elliot Lake, Canada
“Location, cleanliness and price”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here on a layover while passing through Chicago a few months ago. I don't look for amenities when choosing a hotel in another city since my view is that if I'm visiting another city I want to get out and see the city rather than the inside of a hotel room. I look for three basic things in hotels, location, cleanliness and price. The Ohio House provided all three.

The location was within walking distance or a short cab ride to many of our destinations, (House of Blues, waterfront, Union station); there were good restaurants nearby; and even an attached café that was, like the hotel itself, basic but clean and good. The hotel was aged and basic but well kept and clean. And the price was far below that of any other hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Medicgord
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this review, November 25, 2016
Thank you so much for your review of The Ohio House Motel. It sounds like you really enjoyed our neighborhood and took advantage of all that it had to offer! You really can walk to everything from here. I hope that you enjoyed your time here in Chicago, and that we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Clarkston, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I felt so comfortable at the Ohio House!!! They took great care of a very large group with loud mopeds and hooligans partying all night long. Close to downtown and some great restaurants right around the corner... highly recommended!!!!!!

1 Thank Nina K
Thank you for your excellent review of The Ohio House Motel! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that it will be passed along to the appropriate departments. Please come back and see us again sometime!
Erlanger, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Close to the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier and public transportation my family slept here for an overnight. Worth every penny and very convenient to Hard Rock Cafe and other favorite destinations. The room could have been a little cleaner, but the bed was ok and we brought our own extra pillows. I recommend bringing your own towels. Clean, but not fluffy as you'd expect in a motel versus hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura L
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I assure you that this has been addressed by proper management. We truly appreciate your feedback!
Ashland City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This motel is in the heart of downtown, just blocks away from the brown and red line. Five blocks from Michigan Ave. and a multitude of restaurants including a must see two level McDonalds right next door. For the price, it is hard to beat because of free parking. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I was expecting a lot of noise and it was not bad at all. The rooms are small but clean. When I go back to Chicago, this is the place I will stay.

If you are expecting the Ritz, then stay at the Ritz. I am very into saving money and the parking alone probably saved me 150.00 dollars for the three nights I stayed.

One tip to anyone driving into Chicago is to fill up with gasoline fifty to sixty miles outside the city, as gas prices are about a dollar higher per gallon in the city.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face Ohio St. and then there are rooms that face the alley in the rear. So that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy about this hotel. Wasn't that good of a price. Free parking, close to free shuttle, great staff, McDonald's next door, and soon to be restaurant on site. Those are the pluses. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was part of a group that rented the motel here. Rooms were clean and the staff was very accommodating. Had a great experience right in the middle of downtown Chicago! Walking distance from great restaurants as well as McDonald's and Whole Foods in case your trying to stay on budget. Easy accessibility to the Blue line as well.

Ohio house made for a great central location to explore the rest of Chicago, whether you're driving or taking the trains.

2 Thank COTL_ED
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to share a bit about your experience here at The Ohio House Motel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Chicago, and that your guest room was a comfortable place for you to relax and refresh. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back sometime soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2013

right in the middle of down town, this hotel has free Alterra coffee, a dedicated parking lot and great service. rooms were modest but clean and included a mini fridge and microwave.
also, the rooms were surprisingly quiet given that they are ground level. plenty of towels, extra blankets and pillows!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this review, November 27, 2016